DFW T.28 Floh is available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DFW T.28 Floh is available

DFW T.28 Floh is available

Hi again folks, with the Outhouse crash, my threads regarding this plane were lost so I'm combining them into one new thread. For all those who have purchased the bird already, Thank you!!.
    I have 17 special offers left to go before it becomes a standard FS9 model package. click my sig to goto my site for details and to view a very nice movie by or own SimFreak Erik.:ernae:

Here's a few new shots of the plane and a WIP of a GeeBeeWannaBeeFlea paint:d

Cheers:ernae:
    Randy

Ritmeister Werner von Wiener-Schnitzel

Okay Randy, I decided to accept your challenge and do a repaint for the Floh from scratch.
    I have choosen to do a repaint for the famous "Ritmeister Werner von Wiener-Schnitzel" .

As you can clearly see I have just started to apply some lozenge on the top wing, so don't expect to see any real results before the weekend.

Cheers,
    Huub

:costumes:That looks very cool Huub.:ernae: The lower_Right_wing_t.bmp and the Upper_Right_wing_t.bmp are mirrored for the surface textures Huub. That might save you some time m8.:d You cant miss on the plywood formers if you follow my tapes too. If you notice,the fabric sag is actually modeled.

Cheers
    Randy

Brilliant work both Randy & Huub! Cheers ! Mike

Thanks Mike. I'm looking forward to Huub's paint.:d

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Blutwurst View Post
    The lower_Right_wing_t.bmp and the Upper_Right_wing_t.bmp are mirrored for the surface textures Huub. That might save you some time m8. You cant miss on the plywood formers if you follow my tapes too. If you notice,the fabric sag is actually modeled.

Cheers
    Randy
    Thanks, I had noticed Randy, however it gives a bit weird effect when you mirror the lozenge pattern on the wings. As I added some shadow to the fabric saw I could not mirror this as well. It is very strange when the light comes from the left on one wing and from the right on the other one .
    However as the lay-out is exactly the same it saved me quite some time on the basic things.

As you might have understood already, my repaint will be purely fictional and based purely on my imagination. I try to make something recognisable, but hopefully also a bit cartoonish.

Cheers,
    Huub

I like the looks of it Huub....the only other schemes left for this bird are the fictional ones..:costumes::d The mirroring was done on purpose to make getting all the lines in place with minimal effort too. I'm looking forward to seeing this scheme in my sim soon too.:d

Cheers
    Randy

Huub graciously gave me permission to post the paint I've been working on. It to has the lozenge camo as well and I didn't want to step on his work. So here are some in progress screens of the T28 dressed up in the livery of Jasta 17. This particular paint is patterned after the Fokker D-VII of Ltn Gunther Schuster. I still want to add the seam taping and touch up a few things...

Mike

I love it Mike..that is wicked looking.:ernae:

SOH-CM-2024
    That's great stuff Huub and Mike! Surely they are to be uploaded?

Now that I have Huub's Lozenge layers (thanks Huub, after all of our efforts, it finally paid off), I must get to work on a Floh myself. My first may not incorporate the lozenge, however, my mind has more dastardly deeds in store. :d

Caz

Nice repaint Mike, you are obviously much closer to upload than I am.

There is really no reason to ask my permission when you want to upload screenies from a repaint. The repaints will both have "lozenge" wings, but I guess that is about all they will have in common :costumes:.

This evening I have found an extra challenge..... I do my repaints on my old PC. This evening it has already crashed 4 times .

(Why do I always remember I should have save things when it is already too late :costumes

Huub

Not A New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    That's great stuff Huub and Mike! Surely they are to be uploaded?

Now that I have Huub's Lozenge layers (thanks Huub, after all of our efforts, it finally paid off), I must get to work on a Floh myself. My first may not incorporate the lozenge, however, my mind has more dastardly deeds in store. :d

Caz
    I hope you are not forgetting the canine side kick!

kurt

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt190 View Post
    I hope you are not forgetting the canine side kick!

kurt
    [youtube]SazBzvQ0ZAM&feature=related[/youtube]

Not A New Member
    Excellent!

max_thehitman
    SUPERB In every curve and wing wire!! :ernae:

Hey guys,

Thanks for the comments. I've got some more work to do on the Flea but now it's off to bed..work comes early!

Randy... Thanks for the help and advice on the lower wing alignment.

Regards,

Mike

Anytime Mike. I'm glad too help m8.:ernae:
    I've uploaded a new paint to the Outhouse and just waiting for confirmation. It the Floh as a "Bob", a Russian Nieuport 17 of the 19th Squadron,(Death or Glory). Have fun with it folks.

Cheers
    Randy

It's up in the Downloads section for you folks.:d

Cheers
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Blutwurst View Post
    It's up in the Downloads section for you folks.:d

Cheers
    Randy
    Sweet! Thanks Randy, will post some screenshots tonight. Mike :ernae:

Love this livery Randy, will send you the original size image via E-Mail.

Cheers! Mike :ernae:

Charter Member 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Love this livery Randy, will send you the original size image via E-Mail.

Cheers! Mike :ernae:
    what scenery is that and where can I get it?
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Thanks Mike...great shot chief. Is that the Alphasim WWI scenery or is that Golden Wings?

Cheers
    Randy

Thanks Randy, Check your PM's. See Ya! Mike

Progress

Looking forward to "paint" all those nails .

It starts to look like something, but I ran into some problems with the band around the fuselage.

Still a long way to so, but I thought you might like to see some teasers already.

Huub

Very nice Huub! Mike

Members who have read this thread: 0