Blog Entries

Ladies and Gentlemen: The SOH P-61 "Alpha Zero"

Please remember that this is Version 0.0 Alpha

Hi Pam,

Did you get my PM?
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Yea, this is going to be another jewel for Milton and his team. Also, this is the FS9 airframe right now. Unless something has changed, the original plan was to produce the FS9 version first and then Milton already has someone signed up to take the model and move it into the FSX world. So we're still looking at a fair amount of time before we actually see the FSX full version.

Really glad to see this airplane coming to life in FS with this much detail and workmanship.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Blog Entries
    Wait.. I'm confused.. I'm doing the FDE for the the guy who is like, my ultimate hero?? The person responsible for getting me interested in doing what i do in the first place? I need to get my Jaw off the floor..
    I am confused though.. The Model was done by Michael Davies and the project was passed off to crashaz. We started putting the team together Saturday morning. We still need someone to model the interior. The plane will be Donationware to support SOH.. I'm actually doing the FSX version because i dont have fs9 on my system.
    I know i must sound scatter brained and i apologize.. I'm just very confused, but if this is for Milton, then, how do i make it better than perfect??

You have done such a good job with the Warchild. Thanks for the video.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Blog Entries
    Thanks Cag, but truth told, at the moment, i'm not sure if i'm supposed to be working on this or not.. If Milton already has a team lined up for the fsx project, then, innocently or not, i'm stepping on someones toes.. I dont want to do that, but at the same time, i'm just not sure i could take losing another project i love..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Thanks Cag, but truth told, at the moment, i'm not sure if i'm supposed to be working on this or not.. If Milton already has a team lined up for the fsx project, then, innocently or not, i'm stepping on someones toes.. I dont want to do that, but at the same time, i'm just not sure i could take losing another project i love..
    I dont think you are. I have not heard anyone objecting to the matter. I think for now, staying motivated is going to be key here.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Don't worry Pam, I'm sure Milton would love your help for this project as chief FDE maker and project manager.
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cag40Navy View Post
    I dont think you are. I have not heard anyone objecting to the matter. I think for now, staying motivated is going to be key here.
    Staying motivated is easy for me.. When it comes to the planes i love, my friends literally have to drag me away from my work, and i love this plane. maybe ts because its as big as a frikkin bomber, but handles like a fighter and just as fast as most. Maybe its because its unique. i dont know. Whatever the reason, i love it..

Hi Pam,

You gotta love those fighter bombers, I just love the Idea of a massive aircraft being as maneuverable as a fighter. Hitler didnt, and even had production of the Me262 fighter put behind that of the bomber. talk about bad decisions.....
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

I love 'em too, right back to the Brisfit lol :mixedsmi:
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

It's looking good and definitely an overlooked type. I did notice that it appears to have counter rotating props like a P-38, real P-61's had both props rotating in the same direction. Keep up the good work, FSX needs more aircraft.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

good video - and don't forget to get some sleep between now and when it is released.

(for the next soundtrack you could use Alice Cooper's "The Black Widow"

MS

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Wait.. I'm confused.. I'm doing the FDE for the the guy who is like, my ultimate hero?? The person responsible for getting me interested in doing what i do in the first place? I need to get my Jaw off the floor..
    I am confused though.. The Model was done by Michael Davies and the project was passed off to crashaz. We started putting the team together Saturday morning. We still need someone to model the interior. The plane will be Donationware to support SOH.. I'm actually doing the FSX version because i dont have fs9 on my system.
    I know i must sound scatter brained and i apologize.. I'm just very confused, but if this is for Milton, then, how do i make it better than perfect??
    Warchild, I think falcon got a little mixed up because of the twin engines, the model he is talking about is the f7f tigercat and Milton is the modeler and it is a SOH project for both fs9 and X Here it is: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=35671
    I can't wait to get my paws on both the widow and tigerkitty.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post

Joe
    Agreed.
    We've sorely needed these two planes in FSX for the past few years.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Warchild, I think falcon got a little mixed up because of the twin engines, the model he is talking about is the f7f tigercat and Milton is the modeler and it is a SOH project for both fs9 and X Here it is: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=35671

Joe
    Joe is correct; Falcon confused our project for the F7F with this one.

Full speed ahead warchild and team
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Yep, exactly right, I should have done a bit more checking before going off half-cocked like that. . .it is the F7F Tigercat that Milton and friends are working on. . .onward and upward Pam. . .sorry for the screwup!!:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

When this gets released, I'm going to have to beg the wife to let me buy a copy of FSX and then get this plane, 'tis my favorite bird and the work so far looks great.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Milton and Falcon.. I greatly appreciate the clarification .. Full speed ahead then..

Blog Entries
    I Still need an experienced 3D artist to do the interior, but 3D artists are rare jewels with a lot of demands on them and they can be exceptionally busy. So when they see a high energy driver like me asking for help, they get a little nervous i think :;chuckles:;
    Bottom line though is that i dont want anyones primary time on this project. I want their spare time when they can afford it. I may put four thousand hours into this aircraft and thats a lot of time between here and there. plenty of time for modeling, and it doesnt need to end there. we all want this one right.. Gotta admit though that when its done, i'd love to see a formation shot of this thing with miltons A-26 and tigerkitty..
    I corrected the roll rate last night before bed but i didnt do a stopwatch test to see if it was accurate, and theres a lot of other little errors that are apparent in the film. Most notably the pitch moment on the elevator and the pitch angle of attack rate. I'll be working on those today and wednsday.
    Tally Ho.. :::LOL::

Good job so far on what must be one of the most difficult aircraft to model! I think the prop blades need just a little more work, and I really like the look of the cuffed blades over the non, but thats just my personal openion. :salute:
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

So, this airplane is going thru its life cycle backwards? Starting out as a drone?

Seriously, Pam and friends, this looks really good for a version 0.0. As Ed said, "full speed ahead", or at least any speed ahead = we'll let you eat or sleep once in a while. :salute: I'll definitely kick in some bucks when the time comes.

Glenn

The beastie, she flies! Cool video. That was inspirational! Love the music. What music is that?
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2