Problem with Talon's Philipine campaign

Thread: Problem with Talon's Philipine campaign

Unhappy Problem with Talon's Philipine campaign

I now have evrything working like a charm, exept that I cannot get out of mission no 16. After successfully flying it (well, more or less succesful LOL) I click "next" - and is back in the very same mission. Any advice from the experts?
    Second problem is with the Helldiver: I have problems in taking off. I apply flaps, runs the engine up and even put on emergency power, yet every second time I hit the water, and even when I DO get airborne, I feel my feet getting wet with about two inches between me and the water. Maybe one of the expert flyers can tell me the best way to get this bird up an flying?
    Finn

Finn

Missions 16,16A,16B and 16C are basically the same except you are to attack a different IJN Carrier.I just checked them and the campaign advances fine for me.

I don't know why you have problems taking off with the Helldiver.I used Collins Essex Class so you would have a longer run on the deck.I'm usually in the air right after I pass the front elevator.

Talon

Finn,

You can adjust where your airplane starts via the ship's cfg file: CFS 2>Ships>USS_Essex44>Ship.cfg

Start you mission and go to spot (external) view and note where you are spotted on the deck. If you are not at the rear of the deck, you can adjust your spot further to the rear for a longer takeoff roll.

[flight_deck_section]
    width=32.577024
    length=262.128
    takeoff_start=-2,16.7801544,-115 <<<--- adjust here until you are spotted further to the rear
    takeoff_stop=-2,16.7801544,120
    landing_start=0,500,5000
    landing_touch_down=1.279999,16.7801544,-126.0524784
    landing_stop=1.279999,16.7801544,0

A lower negative number will move you further to the rear. Example: -125 v. -115 in the standard .cfg file

Be careful though. moving too far back will put you and your plane in the drink at the start of a mission.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot guys. But the problem seemed to be that I actually did not reach the expected results in mission 16. When I finally sank that carrier, (which took a hell of hits) I obvously was found worthy to pass along. Talon, you are even more gifted than you know yourself. I now try to move the Helldiver as far to the rear as possible - but it is one hell of a campaign, thanks a lot for that Talon.
    Finn

Springfields

"Nice Trapdoor, Jagd! "
    Another Springfield aficionado! "Birds of a feather flock together" as the old saying goes.

Until replaced by the 1892 Krag-Jorgenson, I think that the old Springfields were used in the Philippines during and following the Spanish American War. While I've never seen one in the PI, the Korean War Museum in Seoul has many displayed with their dioramas of early 20th century Korean history. I can understand the Trapdoors in the PI, but I've never been able to document their use in Korea other than seeing them in the museum.

Of course I don't think that we'll need any of 'em in Talon's PI campaign...
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Members who have read this thread: 0