Transcend II Reloaded - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transcend II Reloaded

MarkL,

If you have any problems let me know I have installed / reinstalled X3 so many times now I am getting fairly good at it...lol

As for this one it would be fairly simple to do a vanilla install on your connected computer, download the Trancend installer and do the complete install on that machine, once it is installed give it a quick test and if everything works fine you could just burn the complete X3 Terran Conflict folder to a DVD then take that to your gaming rig and copy it into the Ergosoft Folder. I have 3 complete installs now of TC mods I just rename the folder slightly and switch to which ever suites my fancy. This game does not register the app path in the registry so as long as you use the executible from the folder of the mod you want to play you are good to go.

The only thing to watch with multiple installs is the save game folder, it is static so if you save games for one mod and try to load that save with a different mod you will get a CTD. I handle that by having a seperate backup folder for each mod, I just move all the saves to the backup before I switch to a new mod, then do the opposite if I switch back later.

Welcome to X3 my friend, and may the Farse Be Wit Ya
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Nice screenshots Mike. Is the asteroid gate useable? But then why would you need it when you have Free Jump installed. Unless it takes you to that special place.

Hardest thing to get used to is the new names of all the Transend Universe's Sectors.

I loaded the Advanced Tractor Beam spk and I'm wondering if that will cause lag. I haven't had the opportunity use it yet so I might disable it to find out.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

I have never tried the Advanced Tractor so I am not sure about that one, my lag problem was related to that save for sure, I disabled all scripts and it was still a slide show? Once I loaded a previous save and palyed through that spot again it was fine and has been ever since. I am off loading ships now getting rid of the excess, I had 94 ships in space in various stages of docking and no lag at all.

I have a few of the scripts active again and loaded the new ships and things are fine so I am going back at it in a few. I have another 100 or so ships to sell before I do much more exploring, but I want to gte back at it tonight.

I just loaded the Missouri and Normany battle ships so I want to give them a spin, watch for the screen shots later tonight.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    I just loaded the Missouri and Normany battle ships so I want to give them a spin, watch for the screen shots later tonight.
    How about some of the Corsair too.

I'm trying to finish mass effect 2 before I have to return it, so X3 is on standby ready to go.

OK Boys here are a few from tonight, these are really neat ships.

Attachment 13319Attachment 13317Attachment 13318Attachment 13316
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    How about some of the Corsair too.

I'm trying to finish mass effect 2 before I have to return it, so X3 is on standby ready to go.
    I have to find the F4U, I have it somewhere and will give it a try tomorrow, right now I am having a ball with the F14 tho, very cool ship!
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Outstanding!!! :salute:

@gigabyte
    Hello. Thanks for the kind words for Transcend II. In our last update, Observe did some rework to the ships. Also a new freighter was introduced.

Stu Austin
    Transcend Mod Team

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Hey Stu,

Welcome to the SOH.

:ernae:

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Just downloaded Transcend II..................

What the hell is DDST and AMSTC ???? I been gone for awhile....
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

I think AMSTC is the Apricot Mapping Service mod for TC.

stu

LD, Stu is correct DDST and AMSTC are both different Mods for X3 TC, I have both loaded on my other gaming system, and they are both exceptional. I have always had a hard time figuring out which mod I like best, I have tried most of them I think. I would have to say Transcend II and DDST are the two I put the most time into, and if I have to pick one it would be Transcend II. The things that team has done with the X3 universe is just awsome, I especially like the asteroid bases and the special asteroid you have to pass through to jump to the next sector - it has been awhile since I even touched X3 but once I get through the summer and get the renovaations finished I will be back in action for sure.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]