Northeast Heatwave

Thread: Northeast Heatwave

Northeast Heatwave

Well, it sure is a hot one today. 107 just before noon and still at 104 at 3:45pm today. I don't care what the news networks say, I say this is a record for Delaware.

Looks like Death Valley has really moved East. At least they're saying relief is on the way... forecast is for thunderstorms the rest of the week... Wednesday thru Saturday. We need the rain really bad.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Well, it sure is a hot one today. 107 just before noon and still at 104 at 3:45pm today. I don't care what the news networks say, I say this is a record for Delaware.

Looks like Death Valley has really moved East. At least they're saying relief is on the way... forecast is for thunderstorms the rest of the week... Wednesday thru Saturday. We need the rain really bad.

You can have our all our rain. We've had nothing but rain and hot humid weather since April here in South Dakota. :isadizzy:
    Almost like living in the jungle I would imagine.
    Some farmers gave up trying to get into their fields.
    Some towns around here had over a foot of rain in June.
    That's highly unusual for the 'prairie'.

I have never had standing water around the house here.
    It's been here two months now.
    The mosquitoes are horrible.
    I can't even get to the garden shed to get the mower, even with repellant they cover you immediately.
    The lawn tractor would sink anyway, the ground is so wet.

100% humidity, and right now as I'm typing, more severe weather bearing down on us with tornadoes spotted to the west.
    Another wonderful night out on the flatland.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

I've seen the reports on your area Dain. Hope you guys dry out soon. And yeah send some of that rain out this a way. We need it bad, our lawns are almost dirt right now. We're going to have to reseed if we want grass again.

Stay safe, have the boat ready. As for mosquitos, rub some lemon on ya. That will hold em off, unless they get to liking the smell and taste of it.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    I've seen the reports on your area Dain. Hope you guys dry out soon. And yeah send some of that rain out this a way. We need it bad, our lawns are almost dirt right now. We're going to have to reseed if we want grass again.

Stay safe, have the boat ready. As for mosquitos, rub some lemon on ya. That will hold em off, unless they get to liking the smell and taste of it.

Nah, just load up the shotgun with some birdshot. They are getting big enough now...
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Hot here in Boston,MA. peaked at 100 degr around noon. luckly I have ac in one room ut the minute you exit out its like a furnace.

Low 90s here in North Central Ohio yesterday, today, tomorrow and Friday. Humidity is very high. Thank goodness for central air and a very well insulated house with modern hardware (A/C and furnace). Electric bill last month was only $129, and that was with the A/C running 24/7 for most of the month...along with all the other stuff going in the house.

Skeeters around here are horrible. And they don't hesitate to bulldoze through Deepwoods OFF....doesn't do a thing to keep them away. Our poor dogs are having it rough....poor little things don't have much blood to begin with seeing as how they are small dogs (12 pounds and 8 pounds)...doesn't take long for a swarm of skeeters to nearly suck them dry during a potty trip. Being extra diligent in administering heart worm preventative.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Send me some of that rain!!! We're supposed to hot/humid right now, but it's been dry as a bone for the last two weeks. I haven't even mowed in that long! I sell lawnmower parts, and nobody's breaking their mowers right now!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0