36 48.65%
  • Dornier Do 27

38 51.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HiFi FSX Tomahawk vs Do 27

No longer active

HiFi FSX Tomahawk vs Do 27

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for all the guys who have voted in the previous poll.
    The reactions, PMs and e-mails did surprise me very much.
    I believe it's the best course of action to do a final poll concerning these two.
    Please keep in mind that I can do specific test flights for FSX with the Tomahawk, something which will be close to impossible for the Do.
    Just as a reminder;
    It will be a plain FREEWARE plane with a very high quality external model, VC and sound.
    No special gauges, custom GPS or Accusim like features
    Of course it will have super realistic FDEs!!!

I voted for the Robin in the other thread as I had the pleasure of flying one a few years back but if you're not doing it I'd prefer the Tomahawk. Much more chances of being able to compare with a real one.

Thanks for what you're doing for us.

Voted for the Robin as well... oh well.
    Do-27 then since there is already an FSX Tomahawk in existence.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Blog Entries
    Traumahawk for me

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Ive always wondered what a Do-27 in FSx would fly like, but I also love the Tomahawk. Either one will be excellent. Thank you:salute:.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

If not the Robin I'll vote for Tomahawk too
    Philippe
    Student Pilot

Charter Member 2015
    As voted in the earlier thread...Tomahawk for me.

In all fairness,though....build what YOU want to build :ernae:. After all it is freeware and it will be graciously accepted amongst the flight sim community no matter what you decide to build.:salute:

PS. Can I suggest a Socata Rallye MS880/883 ????? :d
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Tomahawk here too, we already have the Do27x by Aerosoft!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

No longer active
    @kilo delta
    Thanx for your way of seeing it
    If I would have a clear preference I wouldn't have started even the first poll (although my slight personal preference would have been the Robin).
    Well, we'll see. I just found out that there are only 3 Tomahawks registered in Austria.
    So if they break / ground etc... the one from my old flying club (this one is already more than 30 years old!) there are only 2 left from private owners I don't even know.
    Getting into a Robin is way easier here.
    Interestingly the Do would have been my first choice but it's a long time ago that I flew it and I didn't think that anyone would be interested in a Do 27 without all the bells and whistles the Aerosoft version has!
    I did consider the Rallye, especially the Guerrier would have been welcomed here I think

@pete12213

There's a nice FSX Tomahawk available from Justflight as well.
    The only plane not available is the Robin. The one being built by Aerosoft is a much lower powered little used version.
    I was really surprised about the outcome of the initial poll.
    The Aerosoft Do has IMHO a less than perfect external model and a rather strange flight model to put it mildy. Don't have the Tomahawk but it seems to be very good apart from the fs9 gauges used.

Quote Originally Posted by sg38 View Post
    I was really surprised about the outcome of the initial poll.
    TBH it doesn't surprise me... this is a US-heavy forum and the Robin and Katana are mostly unknown on US airfields. A Piper or Cessna will always win here.

BTW the Digital Aviation Do 27 distributed by Aerosoft is AFAIK not SP2 compatible and DA are pretty much out of business, please correct me if I'm wrong...

Concerning the Dauphin: the early stage of development and past experience tell me that it is at least a year from release

Edit: the poll result leans towards the Do? Now *that* surprises me. Bushpilot bonus?
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

I have the just flight tomahawk and we need a new one, the just flight one was good for its time but isn't really up to SP2/Accel standards were now seeing, a for the DA Do27 I have it but rarely fly it due to as you say, its rather unusual flight dynamics so if I'm honest I'd like to see both of them, just leaning towards the Tomahawk more as I just like the look of it with that 'T' tail and dirt simple cockpit!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Tomahawk here too, we already have the Do27x by Aerosoft!
    Not native; doesn't count.

Dornier.

Do it!
    Do it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmUZGdi7Ty4
    :d

Both.
    But I'm leaning a little bit towards the Do-27 side.
    I hear backcountry strips calling me.
    Really need a native one.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Traumahawk!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

The Dornier is definitely my choice. Tomawhat? isn't that a sort of cruise missile?

Cheers,
    huub

So how long would it take to make this thing?

Are we talking 2-3 yrs? Or 8 months?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

No longer active
    2-3 years? No way. As this is my only time consuming hobby I expect to finish any simple (system wise!) GA plane within 2010.

Cool! I wasn't sure how long it actually takes to develop some of these higher quality addons!

Well be it Do27 or Traumahawk I'm sure it will be wonderful!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Blog Entries
    Ya know what I could go either way on this and just love it!!! So since it seems to be pretty much a tie...you can't go wrong with either aircraft! The Tomahawk would prolly be the fastest but of course that depends on the detail. I support whatever you choose!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by sg38 View Post
    2-3 years? No way. As this is my only time consuming hobby I expect to finish any simple (system wise!) GA plane within 2010.
    Very ambitious!

(One thing I've learned in my still young MSFS developer career: Never work with deadlines, not even imaginative ones! :d )

DO-27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Charter Member 2015
    What ever happened to this project? Is it still on the cards? No pressure/obligations...I'm just curious.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

No longer active
    Nope, sorry. In the meantime I'm focusing exclusively on flight dynamics.
    The Milviz T-38 FDs took more than 6 month to complete but it was well worth the effort.
    Quite a few planes in the FD pipeline....No Do-27 but and other german single engined plane, the Ju-87 is the next really interesting project.

But I haven't cancelled the 'full' plane development as I would still LOVE to make my own 'complete' planes

Regards

Bernt

Tomahawk for sure.

Members who have read this thread: 0