Kiwi & Tracon Gone Hunting

Thread: Kiwi & Tracon Gone Hunting

Banned
    Blog Entries

Kiwi & Tracon Gone Hunting

Howdy folks! We cut short our 365 project simply because the everyday photo thing was getting to us. We had to cut corners to get our shots in, reschedule events, it really became a logistical nightmare with both of us working so much to make ends meet.

So, we have started a new project. One that will give us more more time and room to work in. We are calling it "Kiwi & Tracon Gone Hunting." Every two weeks, Kiwikat and I will pick an "assignment" to shoot. The assignment can be any object or "theme" we agree on. Our first assignment is simple "Sky." We have agreed to stick few rules to this project, so however we wish to interpret the theme will work.

We began this new project on June 20th, 20010. With new assignments every two weeks that will give us 24 assignments in a year.

Ok so I kinda got this blog thing: www.kiwiandtracon.tumblr.com It's really just to keep me busy when i'm bored but you can look.

Post pictures. Tag along! Bye.

From Me:

From Kiwikat:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have been corrected it would be 26 themes in a year not 24. Let me also say that the photographer is free to capture any interpretation of the theme he desires. I did not mean to over-hype the whole deal. It's just two guys taking some pictures, if you want to follow you can. Or not.

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Can we get a list of a few of the assignments ahead of time ?

Here's mine for "Sky".........

Attachment 11123 Attachment 11122 Attachment 11121
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Gorgeous shots luckydog. Honest, we haven't really decided on any theme ideas down the road. I guess we're just making it up as we go along. Kiwikat and I really needed the excuse to get outside and shoot more.

I just love how your sunset Crane picture is so calm, and not very saturated. Pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracon View Post
    Howdy folks! We cut short our 365 project simply because the everyday photo thing was getting to us. We had to cut corners to get our shots in, reschedule events, it really became a logistical nightmare with both of us working so much to make ends meet.

:d :d :d

Good to see you guys back though

Here's one for sky:Attachment 11362
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

And a rainbow in a strange place
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready

Nice picture but I'd say that's a Sun Dog aka parhelion rather than a rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by will_b View Post
    Nice picture but I'd say that's a Sun Dog aka parhelion rather than a rainbow.
    I've heard the term before, but never bothered to check it out. Thanks for the info.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    #3 for the series. I will be glad to get a new theme on July 4th. TOO MUCH SKY!

Hm, the girl on the right is cute, but that's not the point of the picture. Sniping photogs is fun! And when you get questioned for it it's always fun to say "What, you don't do it and your a photographer?" Tends to turn the convo in your favor real quick hehe.

For those who might want to play along, our second category is "No" signs. That includes signs that prohibit activity, access, or whatever else.

Shots to come soon! :salute:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Come on Will, post some shots!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Happy 4th of July to all of you celebrating! Today we honor America's Independence and KIWI AND TRACON's NEW THEME IDEA!

"No" signs. Restricted access, prohibited, do not enter, authorized personnel only, etc. Basically anything that tells you not to do something. Now, that may sound dull, and maybe it is, but the sign and the words on the sign aren't as important to us as what's behind the sign, around the sign, what the sign is attached to. When we post shots you'll see. I've said it before, this project is more for us than you, but I'll continue to post shots just because. And maybe one or two of you will follow along! I always enjoy looking at new photos, it gives me fresh ideas for pictures of my own!

Be safe out there everybody.

P.S. Post your shots, Kiwikat! You have so many good ones in your flickr. Stop being so modest.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Out and about. Some random shots. Rudee Inlet, Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Photos for our project:

KIWI! Why won't you post shots man?! A creative talent like photography is not something you HIDE. Now show us. Damnit.