Etendard IVM still in Progress... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Etendard IVM still in Progress...

Excellent, I can't wait!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Been flying this one for a couple of weeks now and giving some feedback. Very well modeled with some very cool features. It's going to be even more awesome that the version I've been looking at. You will need FSUIPC and Acceleration installed to have all the features working. I've put some background and images up on a preview page here:

http://www.mirage4fs.com/preview25.html

You can also follow the development at the pilote-virtuel.com forum.
    :ernae:

Thanks for the info Franck.
    The infos you put on your website are always complete and very usefull.

Can you tell us about how the Etendard IVM react on Frames Per Seconds ( FPS ) ?

If you tell me its just like the Lotus Sim L-39C Albatross I will say : Oh yes ! well done.
    It you tell me its just like Rollus Mirage 2000 5F I will say : Oh no ! another fps nightmare.

Thanks in advance for the info.

VaporZ

Thats excellent feedback Frank, and I can imagine this to be in the middle with regard to frames, just because of all the features Sylvain has included but I have no problem with the Mirage 2000-5 on frames so all is well I feel!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Hi guys!
    The Etendard should not impact too much your FPS. Such a years 60's airplane has a "neddle cockpit" which is more FPS friendly for FSX.
    No GPS, complex HUD or radar scope in such generation airplane so FSX has just to deal with the 3D mesh, and my models are not huge : about 4Mo to 5Mo for both exterior and VC .mdl files.

But I'm sure that everyone will test it on its own system soon..question of days I guess...
    Regards
    S.

That's great news Sylvain mate I really will be at the front of the que to download this, it's my favourite dassault Jet if not my favourite jet of all time and I can't wait to do some low level flying with it to and from the FNS Clemenceau!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Excellent progress ,

Cant wait!
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Ny updates on the day of release? Sorry for being impatient but really can't wait for this aircraft!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

During your waiting for this superb Etendard IVM take a look at these
    "vintage" french TV black and white documentaries of the sixties
    about the french navy "Aéronavale" :

Carrier qualification on Fouga Zéphyrs
    http://www.ina.fr/art-et-culture/lit...arquee.fr.html

First aircraft carrier landing on Crusader
    http://www.ina.fr/media/entretiens/v...ontage.fr.html

Aircraft carrier "Foch"
    http://www.ina.fr/video/CPF04007199/le-foch.fr.html
    ( with a few Etendard IVM footage )

Enjoy !
    VaporZ

An almost complete super detailed Etendard IVM flight manual
    ( french language ) is now available here for donload :

http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/grenier/EtdIVM.pdf

I think an english language version of this flight manual will eventually
    be available.

This Etendard IVM will certainly received the "2010 FSX Freeware of the year"
    award.
    VaporZ

Illustration from Pilote-Virtuel.Com french website.

This beauty will also have Ladder + Intake covers + Wheel chocks
    options.

Nice !

VaporZ

Do I see a 3-D attitude indicator in the VC?
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

Was sent a new beta link on Saturday. Had a nice long look last night. Marked up some edits to the English manual and sent it back to Sylvain. Make sure you have Acceleration and FSUIPC installed for everything to work.

Quote Originally Posted by SADT View Post
    Do I see a 3-D attitude indicator in the VC?
    You mean a "Boule" ADI with attitude and direction indication? Well, sort of. The attitude part works fine but the globe doesn't revolve to change the direction indication. Hopefully that might be addressed after the beta. I looked into using the fully functional one from Mark Harper's Mirage III/5 but that panel is all 3D gauges built into the VC and can't be shared like we used to do.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    You mean a "Boule" ADI with attitude and direction indication? Well, sort of. The attitude part works fine but the globe doesn't revolve to change the direction indication. Hopefully that might be addressed after the beta. I looked into using the fully functional one from Mark Harper's Mirage III/5 but that panel is all 3D gauges built into the VC and can't be shared like we used to do.
    Hi,
    All the gauge are in 3D, but the Etendard is a quite old plane (lol).
    The main attitude indicator was a cynlinder one, and the backup ADI looks like a "Boule" ADI but it was not. It's made with a 2D disk for rolling, and a plane model for pitching. Former Etendard pilots says it was difficult to use it and some specific flies were dedicated to this instrument during their training course...

Thanks to the help of extra guys (by the way many thanks Frank!!), the English manual is ready!

Unfortunately, I'm fighting with an bad issue: the plane doesn't keep attached ont the catapult when the carrier is full speed.... When it is OK on one Carrier (Javier's Nimitz, Clemenceau, Skippy's ArkRoyal, FSX one, etc...) it is KO on all the others!! :angryfir:
    I'm getting mad trying to find out how the catapult/launchbar works...

Regards,
    Sylvain

Sylvain, try resetting the flight or restarting the sim & ai carriers. I have had the problem you describe with a number of FSX models on carriers. Sometimes the catapult holdback is fine when the cat is armed, other times it releases/disarms when I go to full power. The only cure I could find was resetting the flight or restarting the sim. I have researched the cause of this and have found nothing. Let is know what happens.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Try turning max realism off, seems the hold back is released after something like 4 seconds.

While we're all waiting for this beauty I think I should practice more:

Or maybe it's time to dig out the Zephyr and try it.

VaporZ, thanks for posting the links to the French videos, great to watch.

Al

I can't get the zephr to work here just been practacing doing approches to the Clem with the mystere iva not very realistic but I can imagine the flight characteristics not to be to dissimilar to the Etendard!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpropfan View Post
    While we're all waiting for this beauty I think I should practice more:

Or maybe it's time to dig out the Zephyr and try it.

VaporZ, thanks for posting the links to the French videos, great to watch.

Al

Great shot. Even though we know they're static, the deck crew men's position in relation to the flight deck adds so much to the "story" ...

Yes, the IVM will be a great addition to the numerous naval air enthusiasts in the community. The Super will be hotly anticipated too, but all in good time.

Great shots SFrank, and well done to the team - looking forward to it!

dl

Will this come with a period French Navy carrier? Or where can you find them?
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

There are no older French carriers but the Clem is available at flightsim.com as is the Charles de Gaule but it's not as nicely done as the Clemenceau!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Hi!
    I gave up trying to have the holdback working fine with each different carriers... My issue is certainly due to the pitch taken by her for launching and the small differences between carriers (catapult attached points are not positonned at the same high above the flight deck from one carrier to others...

So it will be OK with Clemenceau, and for others you should have to try twice before keeping attached to the catapult (when the holdback is disarmed, I strike Shift+P for push back until she comes back to the catapult and again shift+I and then it's ok for launching).

No promise but it seems that the final packaging should be OK now, so it sounds like a "ready for launch procedure"?!

Regards
    S.

Members who have read this thread: 0