i-7 system is up....

Thread: i-7 system is up....

i-7 system is up....

... but I'm having bugs! I'm using ATI Tray Tool rather then CCC to run my 5850 card, but I can't get vsync off! Any ideas?
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

because I don't have small pictures
    Wulf,

No ideas but which cpu and board did you use for your build? I just built a new i7 based on TXNETCOP's recommendations. It's killer!! How do you like the ATI video card?

Kevin

The card is great, if I could get vsync to turn off. I still run CFS2, and with vsync on, it bogs CFS2 down.

I built a i-7 930 system on a gigabyte GA-C58A-UD3R board.
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf190 View Post
    ... but I'm having bugs! I'm using ATI Tray Tool rather then CCC to run my 5850 card, but I can't get vsync off! Any ideas?
    Have you checked at Guru3d? That site is a godsend for all things Video Card related, check this link there are some great articles on working with various cards - http://www.guru3d.com/category/article/
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Good choice! I got the i7 930 and Gigabyte UD3R as well!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

The new system is great, but I've gone back to my good ol' 8800GTS 512. The ATI 5850 was causing way too many issues with CFS2, and the inability for me to not turn off vsync was too frustrating.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf190 View Post
    The new system is great, but I've gone back to my good ol' 8800GTS 512. The ATI 5850 was causing way too many issues with CFS2, and the inability for me to not turn off vsync was too frustrating.
    Hey Wulf I will be with the ATI Engineers again next week at TechCorp. I will see what I can come up with. I know it has something to do with what they call "Draw Calls"
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I RMAed the 5850, so now I'm lookin for a new card. Not too sure what to really look at, maybe just wait a while.

I'm running i7 920 DO at 4Ghz with a XFX 5850 and I run everything flat out without a hitch or stutter. I've also got the Gigabyte EX58-UD5 mobo .... what seems to be the problem?

Members who have read this thread: 0