Lockheed P-2V7 Fire Bombers?
Page 1 of 17 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockheed P-2V7 Fire Bombers?

Lockheed P-2V7 Fire Bombers?

I wonder if anyone has thought about designing one? I wish I knew how to design aircraft for FS personally. But the reason they interest me is I fly air tanker missions with 5 or 6 friends of mine all the time and the P-2 is the only aircraft that isn't on the air tanker list. Living in California we see them fly quite a bit on fires out here. SOH does such an awesome job with it's aircraft designs and maybe it's just a pipe dream to me and a few others that maybe someone would design one. I've always liked the way they looked without that radome on the bottom of them. The P-2 is just an awesome plane anyway.

Please give me 3-views and cockpit photo and I will do it in FSDS 3.5

Cockpit

I hope this helps and thank you!

This is an AWESOME request!!!!

I'm so glad someone asked about this... we've been needing one of these for a LONG time! The last P-2 air tanker I've ever found was for FS2000 I think. We need an awesome high quality firefighting P-2 Neptune that doesn't have the radome underneath! Alphasim had a nice flying Neptune, but it of course was the Navy version with the radome.

The 2 drawings that stealthshadow posted are great examples. The first one is Neptune Aviation's P-2 paint scheme. They fly P-2V5s and P-2V7s, (which of course look identical.) I'm putting one of my photos of a Neptune Aviation tanker below, just so you can see what they look like in action. They have slightly changed the paint scheme recently to include more red. But even if the paint were to be the older scheme, people would still love it.

The 2nd one he posted is Aero Union's SP-2H, which are now retired, but I would still love to see it in flight sim!! They had a few of those and they were beautiful birds. The one you see, and 01, and 03.

There is a 3rd operater that still uses them, and that's Minden Air. They have Tanker 48 (which is a long tail SP-2H) and Tanker 55. I put one of my shots of Tanker 55 below. Tanker 55 is an SP-2H, with an odd half Neptune tail. Beautiful bird though!

Whoever takes this project on is going to be a hero to a lot of people!

Hi there

Anyone working on this aircraft?
    If not I will be slowly working on One my self. I only get a few hours a week to do so.
    I will post some WIPs shots as I progress, My VC building is not the best but I will do the best that I can.

Quote Originally Posted by BillgjCook View Post
    Hi there

Anyone working on this aircraft?
    If not I will be slowly working on One my self. I only get a few hours a week to do so.
    I will post some WIPs shots as I progress, My VC building is not the best but I will do the best that I can.
    From what i hear, your also taking on the F7F Tanker projec as well. I would like to some WIP pics of that baby as well as this one.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Check the F7f thred for the picks.

Thanks

Bill Cook

Check the F7f thred for the picks.

Thanks

Bill Cook
    Were the tanks yours or a mixture of people?

Hi Cag40Navy
    I just built the tank to the best that I could and gave it to Milton.
    I never knew about the website that he found or else I would have made all the tanks.
    Milton put his own touch on it as I ask him to do so, mine was very basic. Thank you.
    Bill Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Cag40Navy View Post
    Were the tanks yours or a mixture of people?

Hi Cag40Navy
    I just built the tank to the best that I could and gave it to Milton.
    I never knew about the website that he found or else I would have made all the tanks.
    Milton put his own touch on it as I ask him to do so, mine was very basic. Thank you.
    Bill Cook
    If i may, i gave this link to Milton but if you would like it, shows all the tank variants.
    http://napoleon130.tripod.com/f7ftigercat/id22.html

Wow! Awesome guys! Thank you so much for taking on this project. I actually didn't realize until spending some time browsing the forums this weekend that there are a lot of airtanker fans here. :salute: That F7F project btw looks awesome. Thank you again so much!

Here is a ruff boddy WIP shot, still lots of work to do.
    Attachment 11027

Attachment 11027
    Awsome work so far!

Attachment 11027
    Woohoo! I actually saw a P-2V7 fly on a fire yesterday, so it's made me think of this thread even more. The WIP shot is like frosting on the cake!

Quote Originally Posted by stealthshadow1 View Post
    Woohoo! I actually saw a P-2V7 fly on a fire yesterday, so it's made me think of this thread even more. The WIP shot is like frosting on the cake!
    Neptune aviation have a lot on contract because of this seasons possible horrible outcome.

But anyways, Still keep looking back out that WIP.

Little bits at a time.
    Attachment 11463
    It's sometimes hard to balance all that needs to be done in the day and find time to fit in your hobbys.

She's looking great!

More progress shots.
    Attachment 11517
    Awesome! Its looking like an SP-2H!!!! I miss those bright colored Aero Union SP-2H's...

Awsom work bill!

Little bits at a time.
    Attachment 11700
    No smoothing added yet untail all detales are cut out. I am working on the Nellas at the moment geting everything shaped and cut out. Still need to refine the two windows at the front as they are not shaped right.

Little bits at a time.
    Attachment 11700
    No smoothing added yet untail all detales are cut out. I am working on the Nellas at the moment geting everything shaped and cut out. Still need to refine the two windows at the front as they are not shaped right.
    I know its a little early but dont forget the jet engine pods under the wing for this model. Awsome work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cag40Navy View Post
    I know its a little early but dont forget the jet engine pods under the wing for this model.
    ...and the "stinger" tail delete please. That is if he's working on the P-2V7 and not the SP-2H

Sorry bill, my mistake!