Need help with Javier Fernandez's carrier install.

Thread: Need help with Javier Fernandez's carrier install.

Need help with Javier Fernandez's carrier install.

I installed Javier Fernandez's carrier packages into a new FSX install, but don't see any static aircraft on deck. My display settings are high enough. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

NC

Are you sure the installation is complete ? I mean, in the AI Carrier menu, do you see all of the possible carrier deck configurations ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Are you sure the installation is complete ? I mean, in the AI Carrier menu, do you see all of the possible carrier deck configurations ?
    I think I am missing some configurations. This screenshot is from Page 2 of configurations. There are 3.

NC

I do not have those choice, but that's surely because I'm still using the first version of the Nimitz pack, not the latest one.
    In any case, I guess the fact that you can actually see those carrier choices means that you have installed correctly. Strange...

Looks like those on your shot are the default FSX carriers, which you can place with AICarriers, too. It seems like Javiers Carriers arenīt integrated into AICarriers...

Is there a file "cvn_68_69.cfg" in the "AICarriers/conf.d"? That one integrates the carriers into the programm. You might want to check the Install file of Javiers carriers for the .cfg file, and put it there...
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    Looks like those on your shot are the default FSX carriers, which you can place with AICarriers, too. It seems like Javiers Carriers arenīt integrated into AICarriers...

Is there a file "cvn_68_69.cfg" in the "AICarriers/conf.d"? That one integrates the carriers into the programm. You might want to check the Install file of Javiers carriers for the .cfg file, and put it there...
    That fixed it, thanks! What I had done was place Javiers .cfg file in the AICarriers directory, but had not incorporated it into the AICarriers.cfg file.

Another question.

I am using a Viewsonic LCD monitor. I think it is a 20". Anyway, when I go from Windowed to Full Screen mode, the aircraft/scenery gets distorted......widened, in other words. Can anyone tell me what resolution I need to try to correct that distortion?

Thanks.

NC

You must use the exact same resolution of the windows desktop, that is the native resolution of your screen.
    Also in the FSX.cfg, you can check if the parameter wideviewaspect (or something like that) is set to "true".

tigisfat
    I once had this working, but FSX dumped it and now AI carriers doesn't work anymore. I'm very upset about it.