IRIS DA-42... a blast!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRIS DA-42... a blast!

IRIS DA-42... a blast!

I've had the fortune to fly the new model from IRIS, the DA-42, I believe it looks fantastic, sounds great and flying it feels a bit like driving a compact sport car, fast and manouverable, if that analogy can be made...LOL!

On to the screenies:

Sorry if these are too many but this baby comes in a lot of colours and flavours, therefore there are more paintjobs that weren't shown. The IRIS website can be found here (still in construction) so you can check it out: http://www.irisfss.com/

I hope you all liked the shots, I am certainly enjoying this bird.

Jose.

It's out?

Where can we purchase?
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Beautiful, Credit Card waiting and ready.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Exclamation

It's not out yet!

It's ready, it's on my backup server and will be sent to vendors first thing Saturday morning.. That being about 16 hours from now.

In the meantime, I'm flat out on the new site layout, fixing coding here and there, sorting out forums etc ready for release of the Twin Star. The site that Jose pointed out is our backup site where we do the dev work prior to moving to the active site. Don't bookmark it, and don't take information on it as gospel.. As I said it's the dev site.

Further to my last, I've now password protected the dev site so you can't see what's hiding in there...bwahahaha...

DB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tigisfat
    I'm surprised so few developers took advantage of the default G1000. Kudos to you guys for being innovative!! Surely that's saved a bit of time.

Blog Entries
    Congrats david.. she looks gorgeous.. will have to check her out once i can afford her ..

gajit
    Wow that looks fantastic. Is it just the screen shot but on the 2nd - the MFDs seem to break through the cockpit reflection - otherwise i cannot wait to purchase

Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    Wow that looks fantastic. Is it just the screen shot but on the 2nd - the MFDs seem to break through the cockpit reflection - otherwise i cannot wait to purchase
    I noticed that too, doesn't look right does it!

I've noticed that as well.. Not sure why it does it. I can only assume that it's something to do with the fact that the MFD's in the external model are copies of the ones in the VC. (ie working gauges) and they use different material settings than your standard interior textures.

I don't think it's a show stopper, but if its a real pain for everyone I can replace the gauge with a static texture on the MFD's in the external model.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is that under the hellenic airforce shot a Drone version?

BR
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    You didn't happen to include one of these did you?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Fugro...2de3ea477d0162
    I guess it's still up for grabs whoever wants to paint that paint scheme, looks great!

And yes, the shot below the Hellenic Force DA42 screenie, is a drone, very cool... There are way more paint schemes that I didn't show because of restrictions on the quantity of screenshots able to post, so I have a lot of flying on the DA-42 to try them all.

One thing that impressed me about this aircraft, is the wing lenght-width, if it wasn't for the engines on them I'd say that it's a sailplane.

Jose.

the Drone is a Dominator II...

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    I'm surprised so few developers took advantage of the default G1000. Kudos to you guys for being innovative!! Surely that's saved a bit of time.
    This is actually a reason I avoid these types of products. Not really innovative imho...

I'm sure it's great for flying around PNW scenery or wherever, but for online vatsim or ivao it's nice to have updated charts and procedures (ie RXP GNS, f1 Mustang G1000, etc)
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    This is actually a reason I avoid these types of products. Not really innovative imho...

I'm sure it's great for flying around PNW scenery or wherever, but for online vatsim or ivao it's nice to have updated charts and procedures (ie RXP GNS, f1 Mustang G1000, etc)
    Each to their own.. That's not the market we were aiming for. Our DA-42 is aimed I'd say more at the casual flyer. The Eaglesoft one as far as I know will use some special aftermarket G1000 which we were looking into a while back, however the licence cost was way to high for our project budget, so if you're after better avionics I'd possibly wait for that one..

Either that or I could consider modding the DA-42 to include reality xp gauges if users have already purchased the gauges... I can't imagine it's a huge task..

Lots of options..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    I don't think it's a show stopper, but if its a real pain for everyone I can replace the gauge with a static texture on the MFD's in the external model.
    Hi

If I could have the option that would be great as if it is noticable on screenshots then it must be very apparent when in motion.

Does the moving mfds also effect frame rates in external view? MFDS tend to impact my PC.

Keep up the grrrrrreat work!!

Regards GJ

Videre Vincere Est

One big WOW!

Gonna purchase that baby!

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post

Either that or I could consider modding the DA-42 to include reality xp gauges if users have already purchased the gauges... I can't imagine it's a huge task..

Lots of options..
    Thanks for looking into it!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    I also agree, no use for special, custom units when the default works fine for me.

Great looking model! Like the chick in the backseat, LOL.

Well I've e-mailed our sales partners so Flightsimstore, Simmarket and FS Pilot Shop should have the DA-42 sometime today..

I've just put the new IRIS website back online. Still a fair way to go with some stuff, but having an online presence again is a big plus for us.

www.irissimulations.com (in case you forgot..lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Web site looking fantastic!

Best of luck!

Bob

RELEASED at the Flightsim store!

Gonna go grab mine. :ernae:

*EDIT* On second thought, I think I might wait for the FS Pilot Shop since you can re-download any time (IIRC).
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Got mine over at Simmarket; it's even on sale at the moment!

http://secure.simmarket.com/iris-pro...win-star.phtml

It's a nice model, with plenty of variations. The framerate is good, probably the best I've seen in any glass panel aircraft so far. There's an ugly low-poly passenger in the back but you can remove it by removing the weight in the fuel & payload menu.

Few shots from the first short flight:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

for me as austrian it is near impossible to not get this

BR
    Tom