??Bush Pilots??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ??Bush Pilots??

??Bush Pilots??

how many of you here live in Cananda or parts of the USA that have alot of bush flying going on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alaska lifer here..
    Chad (PAAQ)

I live in Panama and I can asure you there is much bush flying around here, most airports and many airfields are out there in the jungle!!!!

Charter Member 2011
    Norhwestern Ontario, west of Thunder bay, there's probably more bush flying than any other.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by wallyboard View Post
    Norhwestern Ontario, west of Thunder bay, there's probably more bush flying than any other.

Larry
    cool my GF is from Onterio..

do you guys seen alot of aircraft putting around?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by gera View Post
    I live in Panama and I can asure you there is much bush flying around here, most airports and many airfields are out there in the jungle!!!!
    cool i bet its prety intresting seeing them land if you get a chance to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    oregon here. bush flying and smoke jumping are part and parcel with everything else here..

I flew over a bush.....
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

....but I grew up in Fairbanks....so it's okay.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Lots of bush flying in PNG and Indonesia (Irian Jaya). Mining, Missionary (religion), forestry, clinic, surveys and exploration, tourism, local passenger transits, etc are the mainstayers of bush pilots in the region. I have more respect for bush pilots generally than those who fly the big irons.:salute::ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Edited for speeling..
    Visit the tribe @ islandsim.com

smack in the middle of toronto, yet i still see floaters almost every day.

Plenty of bush flying in NZ mainly in the South Island with the main types been Maules, 180/185s, Super Cubs and Austers...not that mountainous in these pics but nice scenery.....

Well I think if you put both Northwestern and Northeastern Ontario bushflying and air services it would come a close second to the Pacific coast from Washington to B.C. Canada to all of Alaska. Do most of my flying out of CYCN northeastern Ontario. I'm a lifer here. Less the mountains it can be challenging aswell. It was interesting flying a beaver on wheel/skis. Different flying than that to floats, less fuel per hr. quicker of the ground different landing. Lot more work on shut down for the wrapping her up for the cold nights here at -25 to -30 in Jan. and Feb.

For now take care
    Beaverpilot :salute:

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Yellowknife NorthWest Territory Canada. All kinds of Arctic bush fun here and plenty of Beer to go around. Were also colder and harsher WX then the Provinces of Canada.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by beaverpilot View Post
    Well I think if you put both Northwestern and Northeastern Ontario bushflying and air services it would come a close second to the Pacific coast from Washington to B.C. Canada to all of Alaska. Do most of my flying out of CYCN northeastern Ontario. I'm a lifer here. Less the mountains it can be challenging aswell. It was interesting flying a beaver on wheel/skis. Different flying than that to floats, less fuel per hr. quicker of the ground different landing. Lot more work on shut down for the wrapping her up for the cold nights here at -25 to -30 in Jan. and Feb.

For now take care

Welcome to the SOH, Beaverpilot!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by beaverpilot View Post

For now take care

welcome to the forms..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome! Beaverpilot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Edited for speeling..
    Visit the tribe @ islandsim.com

Thanks for the welcome. Love bushflying both in the real and virtual world. Yea I'm a Ice Pilot fan aswell. Certainly some interesting bush flying up there. Here are a couple of pics that might catch your interest. I enjoy flying the dehavilland beaver I built a cockpit to enjoy my virtual flying. My bush flying setup.

verry cool set up beverpilot.. did you build it your self
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now that is a perfect/beautiful setup for a beaver pilot:salute: I live in the bush monument area Yellowknife were all the beaver's will flock to soon as the Water Aerodome opens. CAF wise were prepping #802 for her float operations from her ski's.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

Alaska here. The east side of Anchorage is a major flightpath for aircraft transitting the area. Anywhere you go just look up and theres a bush plane. Heaven! LA

Bush Puppies

That would be us. Lots of traffic around here in central Manitoba. First Nation Air in Gimli hauling freight in C-46s and DC-3s, There is going to be a lot of fuel and building supplies airfreighted into the nothern reserves as the Winter Road system only lasted 1/2 as long as usual. Northway Aviation in Arnes with Otters, Islanders, and C208 do a lot of lodge flying. Every day brings something new. Fire season brings the CL-215s back to Gimli along with their birddog C-310. The Selkirk float base to the south of me has 20-25 floatplanes based out of there most of the summer.

Regards, Rob:ernae:
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

"He who can lead you to believe an absurdity can lead you to commit an atrocity." - Voltaire

Rob do you have any pics of those C-46's and DC-3's by chance? Manitoba needs some attention in the sim.

Quote Originally Posted by andersel View Post
    Alaska here. The east side of Anchorage is a major flightpath for aircraft transitting the area. Anywhere you go just look up and theres a bush plane. Heaven! LA
    It is great fun sitting at the DOT building watching traffic on Lake Hood/Lake Spenard. A friend has a C185 there (floats in summer, wheels/skis in winter). He uses it to get others interested in flying sometimes. This year he was a member of the Iditarod Air Force (run supplies and transport dogs/people as need be). It is all quite interesting.

harleyman
    Yes...WELCOME !

Feel free to look around and ask all the questions you like...