First Milviz Only Project: Cessna 310R
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Milviz Only Project: Cessna 310R

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries

First Milviz Only Project: Cessna 310R

Today we are announcing the first Milviz only product (which ironically is not military, but still holds a special place in aviation) the Cessna 310R. This aircraft was the last model in the long running production of the Cessna 310. For a twin this aircraft had a lot of power, and the turbochargers enable it to fly up to a maximum altitude of 20,000ft! Even though this aircraft ended production in 1980 it is still hugely popular in the GA community. So without further delay here are screenshots taken from the rendering program. As these are still WIP's please feel free to comment, and thanks for taking the time to look!
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

gajit

Wow - looking great -I sincerely wish the project every success. Would you just be FPS considerate to us using older PCs please.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    We have learned a lot through our partnerships with FSD, and the Nemeth Bro's. We will be very considerate of people with older PC's. In fact that is top consideration at this point moving forward.. we realize that even though huge textures and stuff look nice that not everyone has top of the line computers. Just like with the Huey if a large number of users experience bad frames or such we will expedite restructuring the model/reducing the textures, but I do not anticipate that happening this time.
    Steve

No longer active
    WOW, that looks absolutely terrific!!! Thanx a lot for doing this wonderful GA plane.
    The very high quality of the visual model combined with high frame rates sounds almost too good to be true

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Not going to say the framerates will knock your socks off :-P, but we want it to be as fast as possible without compromising to much in the looks department.
    Steve

6297J
    This is great news - congratulations and thank you :salute:

The Dreamfleet 310 was one of my dearest friends in FS9 - I can't wait for this one

Hi

3 request from an DF-F1 C-310 owner(ported to FSX) and user(and many other payware)

A.)pls seperate the VC sections that the center avionics stacks are not cut out no knobs but flat that 3rd party avionics can be moved there( or a seperated interior model like this)
    B.)Put the VC textures in the shared textures folders that one also can repaint the cockpit colour(not all C-310 are black/dark grey)
    C.) still there are the high end boys as well-a 4048x 4048 version would be fine

All the best

Roland

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    As far as the textures go I do not foresee there being any issue with that. As far as incorporating 3rd party avionics into the aircraft we will have to wait and see. You are talking about making it a 2D panel so that you can incorporate other avionics sets. Being an owner of the PMDG Jetstream 4100 I have some minor experience with that and the Reality XP Wx-500 weather radar.. I think maybe if we created a window it would allow switching of those boxes similiar to the way they did it on the 4100... The only issue is the knobs and such modeled in the VC would not work, and you would just have click points on the screen. We are also aware the 310 came in many color combinations. I am sure like every other aircraft the customer could order to spec (for that kind of money you should be able to).
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    Wow - looking great -I sincerely wish the project every success. Would you just be FPS considerate to us using older PCs please.
    I have to agree that YF23 was completely unuseable on my pc!

@Peter I think the reason the FPS for the YF-23 was bad on your machine was due to the glass MFD's and PFD's. This one is fully 3D. The only 2d thing in there will be the radio stack and that's a pop up.

@everyone else the model comes in two formats: one is 100% analog (with the aforementioned radio stack pop-up) and the other is a modern day type (with the flat panelling) and the default Garmins. You can easily replace those with whatever you wish.

Though you will be able to re-paint the cockpit, we are only supplying an extremely basic paint kit for those parts. You will, however, be able to remove the weathering if you like your birds pristine.

The external paint kit will come with the option to entirely remove the dirt or to minimize it down to whatever you're happy with.

Textures are very high quality and we don't need to go to 4K as we already have nice enough 2K's. The poly count is very good for this and FPS should be amazing. The whole model including VC is under the exterior of the Huey. (live and learn...)

We are still thinking about where to sell this but probably off our own site at first and thence onwards to the other 3rd party sites.

Thanks for looking.

kc

Looks wonderful. Particularly fond of the streaks of dirt on the underside, which look very realistic.

Blog Entries
    You just got my attention. I never had a twin rating but I still flew lots of them and the 310R was a sweetheart as long as you kept your mind on what you were doing!!! Awesome
    Ted
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Waiting for this

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    Today we are announcing the first Milviz only product (which ironically is not military, but still holds a special place in aviation) the Cessna 310R. This aircraft was the last model in the long running production of the Cessna 310. For a twin this aircraft had a lot of power, and the turbochargers enable it to fly up to a maximum altitude of 20,000ft! Even though this aircraft ended production in 1980 it is still hugely popular in the GA community. So without further delay here are screenshots taken from the rendering program. As these are still WIP's please feel free to comment, and thanks for taking the time to look!
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Jamie

Yessir!
    That looks very very nice
    Chad (PAAQ)

gajit
    Thanks guys for response re FPS.

My credit card awaits :salute:

Will you also be releasing 1024x1024 textures as an option like vertigo Sim do?

Sure, we will do that but it will be released afterwards.

BeaverDriver
    I just heard about the 310 project and came right over to register so that I could lend my full support for this project. The screen shots are outstanding and it would be hard to imagine a better GA airplane to do. Thanks very much and I will be monitoring the progress of it with great interest. I suspect you'll have a lot of sales with this machine.

Many thanks!

6297J
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverDriver View Post
    I just heard about the 310 project and came right over to register so that I could lend my full support for this project. The screen shots are outstanding and it would be hard to imagine a better GA airplane to do. Thanks very much and I will be monitoring the progress of it with great interest. I suspect you'll have a lot of sales with this machine.

Many thanks!
    Are you the same 'BeaverDriver' who tweaked the C185F?
    If so, thank you very much! :salute:

Hello everyone,
    This 310 looks awesome!!( althrough I regret that there's not a 310B ), & I never had performance problems with MilViz models.If you have a "decent" PC then it's OK.Then, if you want more, you have to invest more.

I got my licenses in other planes, including straight tailed 310 for my multi, but this model, the 310R, is the plane that really taught me how to fly IFR back in the late 70's. Fond memories of N5133J.

Really look forward to this one!

cheers,
    steve

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by mohawk3 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    This 310 looks awesome!!( althrough I regret that there's not a 310B ), & I never had performance problems with MilViz models.If you have a "decent" PC then it's OK.Then, if you want more, you have to invest more.
    Sorry - disagree. Carenado, A2A, Classic Hangars, Nemeth, Cera, Sibwings, Iris, Aerosoft, Realair and many other developers can produce exceptionally detailed and complex products without reducing my system to a stuttering slide show.

But as long as your ok then who cares!!

Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    Sorry - disagree. Carenado, A2A, Classic Hangars, Nemeth, Cera, Sibwings, Iris, Aerosoft, Realair and many other developers can produce exceptionally detailed and complex products without reducing my system to a stuttering slide show.

But as long as your ok then who cares!!
    Well, as I sad: If you want more, you have to invest more...cannot ask from a 8000$ car to cruise at 200mph, as you cannot ask from a cessna310 fly at FL400.And for many add-ons there might be problems with complexity of their systems than with 3d models.And some Nemeth &Iris a/c are MilViz models...

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    As far as the textures go I do not foresee there being any issue with that. As far as incorporating 3rd party avionics into the aircraft we will have to wait and see. You are talking about making it a 2D panel so that you can incorporate other avionics sets. Being an owner of the PMDG Jetstream 4100 I have some minor experience with that and the Reality XP Wx-500 weather radar.. I think maybe if we created a window it would allow switching of those boxes similiar to the way they did it on the 4100... The only issue is the knobs and such modeled in the VC would not work, and you would just have click points on the screen. We are also aware the 310 came in many color combinations. I am sure like every other aircraft the customer could order to spec (for that kind of money you should be able to).
    Basically correct

e.G if I put RXP GPS in has to be flat.Still I can turn then the knobs by the clickspots-->just dont look as nice as there is no §D knob-->a very minor thing

Roland

Members who have read this thread: 1