'It's Official Now: NASCAR Hates Open Wheelers'...

Thread: 'It's Official Now: NASCAR Hates Open Wheelers'...

'It's Official Now: NASCAR Hates Open Wheelers'...

"Parked" is the only repercussion that David Gilliland received
    --> http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...xas/index.html

"And it appears Gilliland will get off for good behavior."
    'Redneck Rules' back in fashion I see.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Hey All,

As I said in the other thread - I didn't see the event so I don't know everything that happened. Suffice to say though - if what Gilliland said happened the lap before is true then I can see his anger - that said rough driving is not to be excused. It is his first offense if it happens again I bet he's seriously parked and gets yearlong probation. That said I guess the question is - should Montoya be afforded the courtesy that say a points leading Jimmy Johnson would have likely got from Gilliland - hard to say but I think so. Apparently Gilliland didn't know Montoya was a lead lap car. The drivers should just let it go. NASCAR will be watching. The incident changes nothing about my opinion of Montoya.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Lightbulb

Sorry Easy Ed,
    But I side with Jimmy Spencer. Jimmy saw it and he stated that he's lost all respect for Gilliland....

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Ed, there's a link to a video of the accident in the link panther posted.

Personally I think they should take away Gilliland's license and sue him for attempted manslaughter. People with an IQ below room temperature shouldn't be allowed to drive anyway.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Ed, there's a link to a video of the accident in the link panther posted.

Personally I think they should take away Gilliland's license and sue him for attempted manslaughter. People with an IQ below room temperature shouldn't be allowed to drive anyway.
    :d:d:d:d:d
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    That's kinda how Jimmy Spencer felt about the whole ordeal....

Hey All,

That looked pretty blatant to me - shades of Scott Speed! I wasn't impressed with JPM moving the 38 either as they showed. Suffice to say I think NASCAR went a bit soft on Gilliland as retaliation like this should never be tolerated however those of you who have followed NASCAR have seen worse especially some of the retaliation on pit road with crews out which I think is much worse than this. I've no doubt NASCAR will be watching. I'm no fan of Gilliland but this is a definite strike against him.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    I think NASCAR went a bit soft on Gilliland
    -Ed-
    NASCAR should've talked to Jimmy Spencer on how to penalize. They were a LOT soft, not just "a bit".

You're absolutely right Easy Ed - Jimmy Spencer "tells it like it is"....(It's just too bad NASCAR doesn't listen to him)