3DsMax9 Export ?

Thread: 3DsMax9 Export ?

3DsMax9 Export ?

Hi guys, im trying to export a fs9 model from max 9 using the pandasoft exporter but when i goto compile it using makemdl I get "Invalid X File" error, any ideas ?
    Craig

It's probably easier to export as a 3DS, and import into gmax. Tweak and compile from gmax.
    Felix/FFDS

Does Bobo's File thingy work for a FS9 model?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Exporter dialog configured correctly?
    Here's an old writeup dealing with the FS8 exporter that should be adoptable for use with the newer versions.
    http://www.oregon-coast.net/FS2002/3DSM-PandaX-FS.htm

And if I recall correctly the pandasoft created x-file requires a bit of hand-editing to make it work with the FS9 SDK. At least I mean to remember that I did quite a bit of x-file hacking back then. It's so long ago I can't recall all the details. Got to check if I kept my notes.
    Mathias

Thanks guy's, Ive tried those settings Mathias but as you say it needs some hand editing, I think Felix's idea is the only (easiest) way around it.
    Craig

Members who have read this thread: 0