Please help! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help!

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBubble View Post
    I have Chacha, I have.

And I chose to donate to the Red Cross instead. I was actually considering donating to SOH for the first time, but jmig did a brilliant job at turning me away from that.

But I feel much better now. My conscience is clear.
    and how long have you been a member here?
    you just decided that you could donate but not now because of a statement
    actually if you want to donate to Haiti the red cross is not the best way
    seems to me someone is just causing a little rucus
    just my views
    and my memories
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Z-PurpleBubble
    I donate monthly. To charities that is, not to hobbies.

Z-PurpleBubble
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    and how long have you been a member here?
    you just decided that you could donate but not now because of a statement
    actually if you want to donate to Haiti the red cross is not the best way
    seems to me someone is just causing a little rucus
    just my views
    and my memories
    H
    Henry,

• The time that I've been a member here in this context is totally irrelevant
    • I said that I was contemplating donating to soh, not that I decided to
    • The choice of where I send my money to is mine, no one else
    • And finally no, I do not want to start a little rucus here, I'm thoroughly disgusted by jmigs comments.

TIA

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Henry,

• The time that I've been a member here in this context is totally irrelevant
    • I said that I was contemplating donating to soh, not that I decided to
    • The choice of where I send my money to is mine, no one else
    • And finally no, I do not want to start a little rucus here, I'm thoroughly disgusted by jmigs comments.

TIA
    maybe im getting tired and disgusted with yours
    if you can read a post wrong so can I
    im not nor is anyone else making your choice what do do with your money it is yours
    btw i guess WOS does not recieve donations anymore
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

is all of this really necessary?

news bulletin: Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck are idiots

dollars sent to Haiti for the purpose of supplying food, water, and medicine not to mention the necessary cleanup and sanitation of all those thousands of persons who are now deceased should NEVER be politicized.

the idea of it is as disgusting to me as those three people are

I understand SoH's need for donations, just as I understand the humanitarian needs of the people - the multinational people - who are victims of a terrible natural disaster in Haiti...the two needs are seperate and unequal...and I have just as much control over how my donations are spent in both cases. NONE.

I must trust that it will be spent properly but I - and none of us - has any guarantee

That is why trust - and the betrayal of trust - is such a big deal to me.. because trust is all we have between us...after you strip away the BS
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Stiz:
    If you are trying to point out the hippocracy of whats going on in regards to people all of a sudden crying for help, and portraying themselves as philanthropists...good for you, but it isn't helping.

Jmig:
    I guess I kinda understand what you were trying to say, but I think it's reckless to persuade someone not to give to charity, and it was way too easily misunderstood...

Henry:
    This is like the third time I've seen you accuse PurpleBubble of being a pirate...am I missing something?

I get too worked up over arguing with semi-anonymous people on the internet...

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    maybe im getting tired and disgusted with yours
    if you can read a post wrong so can I
    im not nor is anyone else making your choice what do do with your money it is yours
    btw i guess WOS does not recieve donations anymore
    H
    good thing your an admin eh? check diaper

Retired SOH Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DX-FMJ View Post
    good thing your an admin eh? check diaper

You might ought to be checkin yours.
    Fireman's prayer

Give me the strength to save a life,Whatever be its age
    Help me to embrace a little child, Before it is too late
    Or save an older person from The horror of that fate
    Enable me to be alert and Hear the weakest shout
    And quickly and efficiently To put the fire out
    I want to fill my calling and To give the best in me
    To guard my every neighbor And protect their property
    And if according to your will I have to lose my life
    Please bless with your protecting hand My children and my wife.

Author unknown

We should be doing all we can to help every living thing on this planet. The rich shoud be helping the poor. We should be thinking like this everyday. The people who give the most are the ones who have been very poor and got a few breaks in life and now can help others. We are all very rich, compared to most of the world. Everyone who can, send some money to help out in Haiti. These people may only get a fraction of what you send, still the more we send, the more they recieve.
    As for SOH donations, if you can help out, please do. I believe about 400 members will donate. Those people are the ones keeping this place going for the rest of us. Most of them do it year after year. They are the reasons thousands of us get to enjoy being able to come here. They are the ones who deserve a big thank you from the rest of us. :salute:

Read this carefully!

1) @ 6297J, Tim-HH, and the others:
    I'm sorry, but jmig was clearly saying something like "don't waste your money on Haïti, but rather give it to SOH".
    If you'd read John's post carefully :
    Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I am not saying, do not give to Haiti. What I am saying is that $25 will, in my belief, do more to help keep SOH serving you than it will do amongst all the millions and billions of our tax dollars that will be sent.
    2) Please, everyone, calm down, for God's sake . And I'm not only talking to users, but as well to the forum staff. Henry, I'm sorry, I don't like the way Purple Bubble misunderstood John's message either. But please, do not start using that kind of tone. The same goes for Gramps. It's not because someone's insulting a fellow of you, you should start doing the same ! We're all big boys & girls...:mixedsmi:

3) I do understand some people get angry, I'm a forum administrator myself over at Flightlevel. I know it is difficult when someone is not behaving like he should or saying things you don't like at all. But stay calm. Do not start insulting each other because it simply won't help at all. Au contraire!

I can get the point of people who might misunderstood what John really meant. He wasn't saying "donate to SOH, we need it more than the people of Haiti". Just reread it, first paragraph of this post.

Hope this helps clearing out the mess a bit.
    Please let me know about spelling and grammatical errors in my English, thank you!
    Aeropedia.be photographer
    Flightlevel.be photographer, editor and forum administrator
    So drink to the Black Cat PBY,
    Damnedest old plane in all God's sky,
    BB-gun for'd and a slingshot aft,
    Hundred twenty knots when in a forced draft.

Sony DSLR-A350 + 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 + 55-200mm F4-5.6 + 70-400G F4-5.6 SSM (all lenses made by Sony). All in a Lowepro CompuTrekker AW backpack.
    My Flickr photostream.

Z-PurpleBubble
    Oh, don't worry, I'm refraining from making more comments.

For the pure and simple reason that speaking your mind on this "friendly, warm and familly oriented forum" only results in character bashing and unfounded accusations about piracy.

harleyman
    Ladies and Gentlemen..

Please understand that it is all but impossible at times to read correctly the written worn in a forum post. At least its true intensions..We have charecter and language barriers here as all forums do.

I am not defending John because he is Staff here, but because I know him personally, and understood his true meanings behind his post..

Trust me, John is an outstanding gentleman, and NEVER meant that you should not give to a cause such as Hati , but place that at a playground instead.

For those that read into his words incorectly..That is just what it was. Interpited wrongly I assure you.

For that reason I am closing this thread. but leaving it up for all to see, reread, and understand..

Thanks to all that support the efforts in Hati, and here at SOH too !

Members who have read this thread: 0