Mig-29 for FSX Accel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mig-29 for FSX Accel

Mig-29 for FSX Accel

Looking for a good Mig-29, payware or freeware, that works under FSX Accel. Any recommendations?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lotus is working on one as we speak... be a while though... he did just start.

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    Thanks for the tip. This sounds like a long wait though, but I know it would be perfect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Simviation:

I hope Lotus including some naval model with tail hook to use with carriers

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    Simviation:

The VC could use some textures.

Indeed... but the 3D model seems to be quite nice. A Good repainter could make something really cool out of this model, I think.

I'll take a look at the one over at Simviation as far as enhancing the textures. I habve a feeling though that if that's what it looks like from the start, the textures are probably coded into the model and won't allow for any real enhancements.

Also, didn't IRIS do a detailed Mig-29? (just checked. . .they did a standard Fulcrum as well as a Naval version, but both are FS9 model)
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Didn't quite escape.
    And there's the FCS/AFS Design one, which no doubt you'll find a limited beta of over at Avsim as he seems to release a new demo of his stuff every ten minutes.

It's not FSX Native, but does work in Accel. Not DX10, obviously.

Checked the one on Simviation and I'll pass on that one as the texturing is very odd and doesn't really allow for enhancements.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Videre Vincere Est

Wink

Abacus has a rather nice one (basic, but better modelled then the AFS version). The DVC however is very basic. It is included in their latest modern fighters package, as well as a SU-33. Perhaps there is a trial version (as normally is the fact with Abacus), which can be used for a week. The AFS Fulcrum has a strangely modelled cockpit (outside), a bit too wide to be realistic.

Edit: here is the Abacus link http://www.abacuspub.com/default_fs.html

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
    Abacus has a rather nice one (basic, but better modelled then the AFS version). The DVC however is very basic. It is included in their latest modern fighters package, as well as a SU-33. Perhaps there is a trial version (as normally is the fact with Abacus), which can be used for a week. The AFS Fulcrum has a strangely modelled cockpit (outside), a bit too wide to be realistic.

Edit: here is the Abacus link http://www.abacuspub.com/default_fs.html
    This 2 aircraft is very very deferents in flights and visual:

Didn't quite escape.
    I just threw the AFS one on from the box that FCS sent me to take a look at the front end and, while I'm still not a fan of it at all (engines running, you're moving - the brakes can't hold it still, which is another bad thing) I did see one interesting effect.

Andreas Meyer has used the technique on the canopy transparency which causes it to chop holes in autogen and clouds rather than disappear behind them. I've seen the same effect with the rotor blades of the Simshed Wessex models. In this instance, however, the canopy is dark enough that the effect is minimised and it is actually quite effective at minimising the "FS9ness" of the transparency.

So... AFS Bad:
    - air file.
    - nose modelling.

AFS Good:
    - Canopy transparency
    - Comes with a scenery for Rostock Laage (which I don't like either, but it's better than I could do right now )

Pity the bad stuff is the important bits and the good stuff is secondary really, isn't it?

(Edited to add: Good grief the air file on this sucks. I just tried to land it. Uninstalling now!)

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    - Comes with a scenery for Rostock Laage (which I don't like either, but it's better than I could do right now )
    That scenery looks like it was made for FS2000.

Heck, even I can do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    does anyone know where Lotus said this?
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Videre Vincere Est

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    This 2 aircraft is very very deferents in flights and visual:
    Nice pic's, but....your point being?

Good news is that Lotus has the Fulcrum covered (hope they include the UB, K and SMT versions as well), including the entire range of missiles and goodies (HMS, Gardenya, old and newer RWR display etc). Now i'd like to see a great Flanker family for FSX as well, especially the dual seat SU-30 series (MKK, MKI, MKV, MKA etc). And if Lotus quality, some single seat Flankers as well.

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
    Nice pic's, but....your point being?

Good news is that Lotus has the Fulcrum covered (hope they include the UB, K and SMT versions as well), including the entire range of missiles and goodies (HMS, Gardenya, old and newer RWR display etc). Now i'd like to see a great Flanker family for FSX as well, especially the dual seat SU-30 series (MKK, MKI, MKV, MKA etc). And if Lotus quality, some single seat Flankers as well.
    that would be nice!
    now, where what Lotus saying he was doing a MiG-29?

Didn't quite escape.
    On the L-39 thread - or one of the many L-39 threads - he said that his next project would be a MiG-29 as that was what pilots moved on to from the Albatross.

I'm not going to go and find it, because if you really need to read it yourself, you may wish to read it in context, but he certainly said it. He also said it would be a while coming, however.

On the L-39 thread - or one of the many L-39 threads - he said that his next project would be a MiG-29 as that was what pilots moved on to from the Albatross.

I'm not going to go and find it, because if you really need to read it yourself, you may wish to read it in context, but he certainly said it. He also said it would be a while coming, however.
    you dont need to find it, just wanted to know where.
    Thanks!

Didn't quite escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    That scenery looks like it was made for FS2000.

Heck, even I can do better than that.
    Please do. We're still very sadly lacking scenery for FSX... Particularly freeware scenery.

(And no, I'm not being facetious... The only reason I'm releasing the stuff I do is because so few people are!)

Edit: Sorry Cag40Navy - that previous post came across a lot more snappy than intended. I shall go and stare blankly at gmax for ten minutes trying to work out planar UVW mapping in penance for unintentional grumpyness. :d

Hi Cag. Indeed the Mig-29 is my next project, specifically the G model (which is a Luftwaffe modified A model) to start, and possibly others. Whether I will have a carrier capable K model or not as well, it's too early to say, but it's on my options list for later. I haven't made a unique post about it or anything because I am rather self conscious about promoting my stuff in public, I really prefer not to hehe. Also after 10 years of working in mainstream game development I've become very wary of showing "work in progress" stuff at all, it always tended to cause more problems than it solved, which is why the L-39's development was a very quiet affair publicity wise.

Anyway, long story short, I hope to have it done by the end of the year, but there are so many new things I have to learn in order to pull it off that it's hard to say at this point how long it will ultimately take. It's a challenging and fun endeavour so far though, and the MiG-29's shape is something I certainly never tire of looking at, an essential element considering I'll be looking at that one thing day in day out for a long time to come.

Cheers.

Ian: UV mapping is the *worst* punishment possible, don't be hard on yourself. It's the one phase of building a plane that I truly and utterly dread. The tedium....

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    Hi Cag. Indeed the Mig-29 is my next project, specifically the G model (which is a Luftwaffe modified A model) to start, and possibly others. Whether I will have a carrier capable K model or not as well, it's too early to say, but it's on my options list for later. I haven't made a unique post about it or anything because I am rather self conscious about promoting my stuff in public, I really prefer not to hehe. Also after 10 years of working in mainstream game development I've become very wary of showing "work in progress" stuff at all, it always tended to cause more problems than it solved, which is why the L-39's development was a very quiet affair publicity wise.

Anyway, long story short, I hope to have it done by the end of the year, but there are so many new things I have to learn in order to pull it off that it's hard to say at this point how long it will ultimately take. It's a challenging and fun endeavour so far though, and the MiG-29's shape is something I certainly never tire of looking at, an essential element considering I'll be looking at that one thing day in day out for a long time to come.

Cheers.

Ian: UV mapping is the *worst* punishment possible, don't be hard on yourself. It's the one phase of building a plane that I truly and utterly dread. The tedium....

-Mike
    Please include the Strizhi Aerobatic Team livery.

http://www.strizhi.info/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post

-Mike
    Thanks Mike!

Please do. We're still very sadly lacking scenery for FSX... Particularly freeware scenery.
    Already on it, but progress is s-l-o-w.

Mike that's fantastic!! Having a FSX Mig-29 with the qualities of your talent would be HUGE!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 2