'Wii Are Family'
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Wii Are Family'

'Wii Are Family'

Folks got us a Wii for Christimas......

(Now if I can just keep my 4 year old from being frustrated with bowling, I'll be alright) :mixedsmi:

Happiness Consultant

Keep us posted!
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Oh yay!! We got one too! I love that thing! Got the Wii Fit Plus! Amazing!

Hubby and I love the bowling game as well!

Wii is awesome!

Hey P. ~ If you have a chance, buy the Mario vs. Sonic at the Olympic Games one. It's great! You can downhill ski, bobsleigh, play hockey, figure skate, etc...

Hubby wins at figure skating and I win at bobsleigh...go figure!

Retired SOH Administrator
    Hannah got that last year!

Great for family games...

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Trena decided to put one on the plastic for us. I'm addicted to Tennis on the stock disk. I've topped 2000 skill points!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Trena decided to put one on the plastic for us. I'm addicted to Tennis on the stock disk. I've topped 2000 skill points!

Then you would not want me as your tennis partner! LOL! I'm so not good at that!!

Exclamation

Note:
    Have to also make sure my 9yr old has the strap firmly on so that I don't get a blown-out television....:isadizzy:

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud9Gal View Post
    Then you would not want me as your tennis partner! LOL! I'm so not good at that!!
    Unemployment gives me lots of time to practice!:isadizzy:
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Happiness Consultant
    Oh yay!! We got one too! I love that thing! Got the Wii Fit Plus! Amazing!

Hubby and I love the bowling game as well!

Wii is awesome!

Hey P. ~ If you have a chance, buy the Mario vs. Sonic at the Olympic Games one. It's great! You can downhill ski, bobsleigh, play hockey, figure skate, etc...

Hubby wins at figure skating and I win at bobsleigh...go figure!
    Despite your admitted ... ummm ... lack of skills with this yet, I'll bet its a killer on that 56 inch screen hubby got from Santa ....

I still refuse to get one.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

I lost over 40lbs with the Wii Fit. Wii Fit Plus is a whole lot better. It is the only console I would recommend, but only if you get games that require activity from the player.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    I lost over 40lbs with the Wii Fit. Wii Fit Plus is a whole lot better. It is the only console I would recommend, but only if you get games that require activity from the player.

LOL Dain! I agree! I "super hoolahoop" like crazy!!!

40lbs...
    I better start playing wii and cancel my LA Fitness membership

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    40lbs...
    I better start playing wii and cancel my LA Fitness membership

Chacha~ If you don't have the Wii Fit Plus, I highly suggest you consider buying it. Save yourself some money (gym membership) and invest in the Wii Fit Plus kit.
    I got mine at Target for $99 dollars.

Chacha~ If you don't have the Wii Fit Plus, I highly suggest you consider buying it. Save yourself some money (gym membership) and invest in the Wii Fit Plus kit.
    I got mine at Target for $99 dollars.

I've got Wii Fit last year, and I got Wii Fit Plus this year....

My faves on Wii Fit :

Strength Training... the Lunges...

Super Hula Hoop is baby's fave...

I got the Wii fit plus still in the case, we have not opened it yet....

We are playing it now... I will lost 40 lbs in a month.... is it ok to eat my midnight snack of 2 scoops of ice cream? :isadizzy:

Side Lunges... Cool!

The membership I got is also free...for two years, dang it.... can I get a refund?

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

harleyman
    Refund??? Heck no....Just send it to me so I can Wii too...LOL

I could stand to lose 30 pounds, maybe I should get one too! Either that or hire a DI from Parris Island to whip my sorry a$$ into shape.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Not going to lose weight overnight with it like all of those miracle products you see on TV.
    I am averaging 1-2 pounds a week.

But, for a person who enjoys gaming, it keeps the motivation going and records all of your efforts graphically.
    I really like that.
    Plus your Mii gets thinner as you go along.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Happiness Consultant
    ... Plus your Mii gets thinner as you go along.
    But .... what if I don't necessarily want a "thinner" Mii?? I've heard that being "thicker" is good on occasion ...

Snuffy / Ted

We have a Wii system...it's a fun little system. And it has built in wireless internet connection...so if you have a wireless network in your house, you can connect to the internet with your Wii..yes, you can surf the net...but the coolest thing you can do is download other Miis from online and have them on your system. I have played 3-on-3 basketball (Sports Resort Plus) against Adolph Hitler, Homer Simpson and Mr. Bean....what a team that was!

Don't have the Wii Fit or Fit Plus...but the Fit Plus is on our To Get list as soon as possible.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2024
    The boys have a Wii and Wii Fit Plus too. The also have PCs, PSPs, XBox360,etc. If it comes to gaming, they have one (each has one),

I have never once use any of the game consoles, only a PC, my PC. I play "real" games, I go out and get it done.

Good on you for that weight loss Dain, I could never stand stationary exercise equipment and still don't. I have to really be moving. When I walk, I want to cover some real ground, when I cycle, the same. When I play tennis, baseball, kick a football, etc. I want balls in motion, not some pseudo virtual effect.

Caz

Wii Fit, I just Love the press ups! Got the parents Mario Kart for christmas this year, 4 of us, my parents myself and brother, on a racetrack is just a recipe for mayhem, my Mum gets agressive, my Dad becomes the target practice, i be a smart G*t until my brother blue shells me within sight of the finish line :angryfir:

Wii Fit plus is on my list of 'to get' along with Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics, ooh also love the 'on the spot jogging' on Wii Fit

FlyTexas
    The new Super Mario Bros for the Wii is huge fun! Any fans of the SMB games for the original NES will love it!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by FlyTexas View Post
    The new Super Mario Bros for the Wii is huge fun! Any fans of the SMB games for the original NES will love it!

Brian
    I agree 100%!! Grew up during the "Mario/NES" era! That new Super Mario game is worth every penny!

Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post

We are playing it now... I will lost 40 lbs in a month.... is it ok to eat my midnight snack of 2 scoops of ice cream? :isadizzy:
    wow! nicely done! i spent a year in the gym, 2 hrs a day, 3-4 days a week and didn't see results like that! my shape changed some, but i only lost 25 lbs. i did however change my muscle mass drastically. i'm not really much of a dieter though. with a bum leg, cardio is near impossible for me, without a pool. go ahead and have that ice cream, i say you've earned it.