some WWI plane screenshots (10 images)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some WWI plane screenshots (10 images)

some WWI plane screenshots (10 images)

I installed back a bunch of WWI planes last night. Miss the super-low-and-slow flights.

Thought you guys might like these. All freeware aircrafts...

-feng

Screenshots Airplane of WW I

Hallo
    The Bücker Bü-133 Jungmann was build long time after WW I.

Regards Willi Breihof

Holy cow. Nice shots!! What scenery is that? That's gorgeous!

Wonderful pictures, Feng!

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Feng,....like Tim said,..."wonderful pictures." You've captured the atmospheric conditions so well. I need to ask: are you using a free-ware or pay-ware installations of the atmos/clouds? If so,...which ones would that be?
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

Thanks for the comments! Willi: yeah, some of these planes are not WWI..but are low-and-slow i guess. The Lublin RXIII in the last pic is also post WWI...some 15 years later i think.

About the sceneries:

Weather: Active Sky v6.5 (this is a very old version; i heard the new one is much better, but i don't own it....if it ain't broke....). As for the settings, crank it to the max. I think i have only 1,000 feet min cloud separation, 10 cloud layers, 20,000 max cloud height, vis is 59 miles, and overcast enhancement turned on.

Clouds, Water, and Sky color: FS Elemental (really really nice add-on). Website is:
    http://www.fselemental.com/media.htm

Ground: FSGenesis global Mesh (best money i've every spent for FS9). Very old FranceVFR scenery, and UT Europe.

Trees: TreeGen

FX: Russian Bloom Plugin (I love this plugin! I also use it on GTR2 and some other older DirectX games)

Environment Map: BananaBob's environment 2. This .BMP file will make your chrome and reflective stuff come to life. Also using his Props...

-feng

Charter Member 2011
    Very nice Feng, your shots always have a depth of detail and coolness of colour that make for a great desktop!
    This time it's #5 for me...the feeling of flight.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Willi Breihof View Post
    Hallo
    The Bücker Bü-133 Jungmann was build long time after WW I.

Regards Willi Breihof
    So was the Lublin, but tremendous screenshots nonetheless. Good clean up on Stuart's wheels. nice lighting too.

Agree with OleBoy, what scenery is that?

caz

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by FengZ View Post
    ...... Environment Map: BananaBob's environment 2. This .BMP file will make your chrome and reflective stuff come to life. Also using his Props...

-feng

Is that this one or a newer version ?

FS2004 Envmap Alternative (23) Flight Simulator 2004 (Other) FS9_envmap_replacement.zip (55.47 Kb) (downloaded 428 times)This is an alternate envmap.bmp texture for FS2004. I made it from a FS2004 screenshot so it fits in well with the sim.

Great pics

Pete.

SOH-CM-2024
    Pete, those are DDS textures meant for FSX I expect. Anyone with the MS Image Tool or DXTBitmap could flip them andconvert them to any .bmop that FS9 excepts I suppose.

What format for FS2004 are your's Feng?

Caz

No, the .bmp is not from FSX. It's something BananaBob released on Screenshot art (while that site was still around). It's a much cleaner and polished reflective image (the .bmp is actually just a sky-dome pic of sky and earth).

Polished/Aluminum aircrafts now look amazing w/ this reflective map...

But i have converted his photo-real textures from FSX to FS9 They work well on the Carenado stuff...

-feng

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks Feng for sharing these screenshots and the info. Awesome....

Some extreme resolution in those screenshots..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

adhockey
    I wish my rig could produce screenshots like that.

Great stuff, Feng, as always.

Who did that repaint of the Pfalz? It's gorgious!

Cees

Edit: should have known it's one of Huub's repaints: Leutnant Voss!

SOH-CM-2014
    Is it me or does that pilot in the Bucker Bu-131 look like Jean-Luc Picard?

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Who did that repaint of the Pfalz? It's gorgious!

Cees

Edit: should have known it's one of Huub's repaints: Leutnant Voss!
    Thanks Cees!

Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Is it me or does that pilot in the Bucker Bu-131 look like Jean-Luc Picard?
    Bill
    He sure does..lol. Someone here's a fan of Star Trek.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FengZ
    ...... Environment Map: BananaBob's environment 2. This .BMP file will make your chrome and reflective stuff come to life. Also using his Props...

-feng

Is that this one or a newer version ?

FS2004 Envmap Alternative (23) Flight Simulator 2004 (Other) FS9_envmap_replacement.zip (55.47 Kb) (downloaded 428 times)This is an alternate envmap.bmp texture for FS2004. I made it from a FS2004 screenshot so it fits in well with the sim.

Great pics

Pete.
    I'd like to try this too

Feng,....anytime you want to stop by the house and do some FS9 enhancements,....be my guest. For sure,....I'll have a Chicago style deep dish pizza (your choice of toppings) ready for you,...plus some ice chilled Goose Island brewery beer.:ernae:
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

^^ LoL! I might have to stay for 2 years tho Cuz that's about how long it took me to get FS9 looking like this. Lots of manual labor of converting textures, renaming files, etc. My FS9 install and folder structure is completely different from default.

Never been to Chicago...heard it's nice and i love pizza! Too bad Meigs is gone tho....

-feng

SOH-CM-2014
    Feng,

You really need to document all these tips. It would be nice to have a Feng's Tips for FS9 sticky so that others can go by all this and get their FS looking as nice as these screenshots..

Also.. You'd better pick up a spare HD and do a backup of your FS to it... Please.... lol.. Do it today!

Do you ever have full size screenshots posted at any sites? I would like to have a couple of these for wallpaper on the computer.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Feng,

Do you have a contact email address?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Feng, Also.. You'd better pick up a spare HD and do a backup of your FS to it... Please.... lol.. Do it today!
    Wait until tomorrow . Full Moon tonight.....
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by FengZ View Post
    I installed back a bunch of WWI planes last night. Miss the super-low-and-slow flights.

Thought you guys might like these. All freeware aircrafts...
    -feng
    Very nice screen shots.

Can you give links to where you downloaded any of those aircraft as I do not have any old birds of that quality.

Cheers MarkL

Bill, you can reach me via my personal website. I don't wanna type it here, cuz i already get enough mail a day. Go here: www.fengzhudesign.com (use contact and it'll go to my producer and i'll tell her to forward your mail to me

Yeah, and i do have most of these shots at 1920x1200 I'll upload a few tonight and link them here.

Marklaur: You can download most of these planes here i think or at AVSIM. I don't have direct links anymore...maybe someone can help post them?

-feng

SOH-CM-2024
    Feng,

It appears you are using Vlad's Env Bloom module for FS9 and FSX. I would appreciate it, if you could copy and paste your env.ini configuration settings here. I have it, but can never get the bloom to my liking, it is always too bright. I like the effect I see in your screenshots and would like to compare my settings and amend as needed.

Caz

Members who have read this thread: 1