X3 Patrol Logs
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: X3 Patrol Logs

Hybrid View

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

X3 Patrol Logs

Hey all,

I wanted to start a new post for X3 pilots, but one that is just (just) logs. Anotherwords, Pireps or reports. just flights. Not really a questions and answers but rather a 'what I did tonight on X3' flights missions.. I thought it would be fun to hear what all people do in this game. Kind of lets us compare notes in a way.

When writing these, try to sound as realistic as possible. Like as though you were a real pilot / astronaught / fighter pilot / trader, and filling in normal paperwork.

You can date these if you like for a bit of formality.

Nothing spectacular, just tell us what you are did on a flight or mission.

Posting pics would be great.

This is not a 'everyday' thing.. Just for special flights and stuff, things happening, battles and dogfights, etc.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    My first report;

Friday night; Departed in the Nemesis to hunt the Xenon 'Q' heavy raider. Searched along the west to east axis of the sector that has Patriarchs Conclusion. That was the last time I had seen it. I passed through the jump gates one at a time looking for the thing. While cutting through Sectors, I managed my freighter fleet, checking that their automated runs were working properly. I did this remotely.

I didnt find the Q, so after a while I made the long jump back to Argon Prime and parked the Nemesis back at my HQ station.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Happiness Consultant
    Question!

It seems that there is enough "support", umm, interest in this game to warrent a separate forum for their discussions ... rather than clutter the Newshawks with this stuff.

(that's right, I'm not a player of this game and have no interest in it ... sorry)

Can we get Admin to put a new forum up for it?

Thanks.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

SOH-CM-2014
    Snuffy,

That isnt a log..

The Admin have enough going on handling all the forums here. I cant ask them to do that. Its only 2 posts going on X3. I cant see this hurting anything.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Snuffy,

That isnt a log..
    this is a log

sorry, but i couldn't resist

SOH-CM-2014
    LOLOLOLOL.....

yes.. ok.. that will work. and it had a pic.

Bill

:hangs head low:

SOH-CM-2014

Captured Kah-Ahk fighter pilot..

Yep.. Captured a Kha-Ahk fighter pilot.

So far in interigations, he cracked and told us he grew up in Canada and raises rare Beagles.. Thats all we've learned so far..

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    Question!

It seems that there is enough "support", umm, interest in this game to warrent a separate forum for their discussions ... rather than clutter the Newshawks with this stuff.

(that's right, I'm not a player of this game and have no interest in it ... sorry)

Can we get Admin to put a new forum up for it?

Thanks.

Ok.. I will volunteer to be a Moderator for the X3 room if you all decide you would rather we go into our own area.

But.. When I delete CheezyFlyers and Snuffy's logs, dont come yelling at me..

:d <-- thats my scary grin

Happiness Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    this is a log

sorry, but i couldn't resist
    Yep no doubt ... but its a short log ...

... But.. When I delete CheezyFlyers and Snuffy's logs, dont come yelling at me ...
    You'll get bored waiting on me to log ... trust me.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

They only use short logs up there in Canada. LOL
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Ok.. I will volunteer to be a Moderator for the X3 room if you all decide you would rather we go into our own area.

But.. When I delete CheezyFlyers and Snuffy's logs, dont come yelling at me..

I'll give you a hand (paw) iffen ya need it.....
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    I'll give you a hand (paw) iffen ya need it.....
    Thanks LD.

Wow this thread really got off topic fast.......

Bill I think this is a great idea. I am not serious enough to post on most of the dedicated X3 forums around the web. Most of these places don't suffer fools...... I like the laid back atmosphere of the Outhouse and will definately start posting after action reports. I think it will be really neat knowing how other people play this wide open game.

A new forum dedicated to X3 would be a great idea. The only reason I havn't started a couple of new threads is not to offend people like Snuffy whom seem to get a little upset when the Newshawks get over run with a new subject. I think the size alone of the addiction thread proves there is enough interest to warrant one. Hell it gets alot more post than the X-Plane forum. ( I love X-Plane and wish there were more post in that section) .

Respect.

MoBay

Currently in Boron space hunting for a northeasterly passage over to Omicron Lyrae. So far, no luck. Took a job protecting a Boron shield factory from some pirates. Learned you gotta be careful where you shoot. Next thing I know the factory is dispatching some fighter drones with orders to kill me?!?! While I'm still trying to fend off pirates?!?! Fortunately I was able to rebuild my rep with them by defeating the pirates (and profusely apologizing to a Boron military M3).

Now, how do I find my way outta here...
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    Currently in Boron space hunting for a northeasterly passage over to Omicron Lyrae. So far, no luck. Took a job protecting a Boron shield factory from some pirates. Learned you gotta be careful where you shoot. Next thing I know the factory is dispatching some fighter drones with orders to kill me?!?! While I'm still trying to fend off pirates?!?! Fortunately I was able to rebuild my rep with them by defeating the pirates (and profusely apologizing to a Boron military M3).

Now, how do I find my way outta here...

Hey Craig,

I would do one of two things. Either plug in a destination in your auto pilot, such as Argon Prime, and let the computer figure in your course, or refer to the map on one of the websites and check the passages there.

I always hyper jump to Omicron Lyrae, but I think the normal route is straight right from Argon Prime. (Some ups and downs in there). I never use the Ceo's Buckzoid northerly route. I'll try to find the make of that large long-jump that has a long expanse between gates.. Its sort of South and in the middle of the galaxy.

Bill

It's that northerly route I'm trying to find/explore. For some reason I just can't locate the right jumpgate. I'll keep hunting...
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

X3TC Captains Log Stardate 23Nov2009:

Crew inactive and about to mutiny if Xtend mod for X3TC isn't installed soon. Captain is now working on 2nd X3 install for mod.
    Gary -

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    X3TC Captains Log Stardate 23Nov2009:

Crew inactive and about to mutiny if Xtend mod for X3TC isn't installed soon. Captain is now working on 2nd X3 install for mod.
    GT, here is a very easy way to run seperate games, navigate to the X3 folder and copy the whole thing, right where it is - I did it this way Right Click on the X3 Reunion Folder, and select "Copy", then point to a blank spot on the screen inside the Ergosoft Folder, Right Click and sepect Paste, Poof you will see a new X3 Reunion (Copy) folder. Now just rename the original, to something like X3 Reunion - Original, and rename the new one to X3 Reunion... now install your Mods, and when you want to go back to the Original just reverse the process, that way you can keep 2 copies of the game and switch with a few clicks. You also have to remember to make a copy of your Save Games Folder inside My Documents\Ergosoft, but that process is the exact same.

BTW tell the whiney crew to be patient, Xtended is not ready for Terran Conflict yet, the Reunion version is avaliable - Ver 7.5 I think, but the TC version is still a WIP
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Yeah Mike.... I told em it was for Reunion but they forced me at lazer point to say X3TC.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    NOV23-09

While purchasing a used freighter in Siezwell sector, I found a Kha-Ahk 'Cluster' passing through the system. I took my Dolphin Hauler back to Argon Prime to my HQ, switched out into the Nemesis, Hyper Jumped back to Seizwell, located said Cluster, and began taking it apart.

I didnt know it detaches into about 7 crystal craft. I gave them all the 'zatz' except one which must have been taken out by someone else.

Now to come down from the adrenaline rush.. :d

Craig'sLog, stardate 9327.8

My alter ego, Capt John Paul Jones in the "Ranger" - still poking around in Boron home space. Finally located the jumpgate to Ceo's Buckzoid, in Menelaus' Frontier, so I can continue my journey eastward to meet the Terrans.

Couple of 'funny' things happened. First, I heard a loud roar as I passed through the jumpgate into the sector. I checked my scanners and discovered a significant debris field - about 8 missiles of various types and just over 1500 e-cells. "Ooh, free missiles," I thought, and immediately set about cleaning up the mess. Unfortunately I didn't have enough room for the e-cells. I'm planning to send my smaller Mercury, the "Bon Homme Richard," over to pick them up. The other 'funny' thing was the discovery of a perfectly good Toucan hauler abandoned near a remote asteroid. It's very nice, fully equipped and ready to carry passengers. My "Colonial Services and Recovery Corp." just added passenger transport to it's list of services to offer.

Meanwhile, I rejoined the little M5 I picked up for a song in Queen's Space. I'm off to refit both now at the equipment dock in Kingdom End, assuming I can find that jumpgate.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Craig,

A tip for when you are hunting jump gates. When you pass through one, keep going straight. Dont use AutoPilot to go through a gate when you are hunting one on the other end of the jump. Go straight through and just keep going straight and watch your Sector map. You 'should' come close to bumping into one when visibility is really poor. Thats how I found that one gate you talked about in the green Nebula. Also, look for traffic or shipping lanes (lots of freighters going to an unknown point). That usually tells you there is a jump gate around, or some very good business, lol.. You can flow with the traffic to see whats on the other end.

I made a map of the lanes we were talking about yesterday that I use on the Southerly routes when using jump gates to get to the East side of the Galaxy.

For those of you that do 'not' wish to know where the jump gates are in sectors, DO NOT LOOK AT THIS!

Bill

Bill,

Good advice to "follow the herd" - I've used that on at least one occasion. I'll have to try that other tip next time I'm having trouble. Another trick I've used is to come at it from the other side when you've already "found" the sector beyond.

I've tricked out my main ride with the triplex scanner, so I don't miss much anymore. :ernae:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Roger that.. Triplex scanner was the other suggestion. Huge range on that thing..

Bill