X3 Patrol Logs - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: X3 Patrol Logs

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    LOLOLOL....

Too hilarious....

I havent found any McDonalds around... Only Cahoona Bakeries, lol..

I am going to figure out how to put models in X3 and I am making some McDonalds stations, lolol.. Giant arches.. Perhaps even a Taco Bell...

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    DEC07.2009.AlfaDurango

Fastened into the command seat of the Nemesis and headed out. Having had issues with my FS9 compiler, I decided to take it out on Xenon. I checked throttle setting to zero, detached from the docking arm, 'down thrust' on the thruster quad to clear the docks, aimed her downward and lit the engines.

I did a hyper jump to the far east southern sections looking for pray, the hunted becoming the hunter, filled with a yearning to knock out the bad guys, create clouds of disassembled vessles, and give the enemy some mayhem back.

Well.. They must be into Flight Simulator, read the news at SOH, and ran. I couldnt find anything to shoot down. I Jumped, searched, looked, jumped, and searched some more.

It seems they only come out when I feel the need to do peaceful money making missions. When I am out for blood, they hide.

arrgh.. .

Well, got my mind off of problems for a bit and saw the Universe and some cool sites.

The Nemesis is such a huge vessel, but certainly doesnt have a large trunk (boot to the Britonians... ). You would think I would have enough room for a hanger in that thing.

<-- Computer, end log

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Bill where did you get the Nemesis, I would like to test drive on of those my self?
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Bill where did you get the Nemesis, I would like to test drive on of those my self?
    Hey Mike,

hmm... I'll have to whisper this one to you...

I had to use Cheat and used the 'create ship' script and created one.. Glad I did too! Its an awesome thing. I used Super Tune on it, and she does 777 M/S. Glistening with firearms and missles.... Looks cool too...

I hope no one else heard that..

Bill

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    They're out there somewhere................
    I've had one for awhile but I can't remember what sector I bought it in.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Mike.. Man.. I was thinking of you tonight. I dock in this station, dropping off people, and hit the COMM and there is a person selling Nemesis ship schematics, lolololol....

Even at 4 Million credits, it was a bargain. I got them and am presently trying to get up the proper amount of Microchips stock in my headquarters station to start production on my first Nemesis, inhouse built..

:d

Wierd how things turn out.

<--- bad side.. No one in the sectors has good stock on Microchips, so I created my own base station for those, and am shuffling the Silicon ore from my other station in another sector to Argon Prime to fuel the new Chippy station.

I wish I knew how to secure a freighter for a station to auto-supply the station.................

Bill

Thank sguys, as it turned out I decided to do a little explore and guess what I found... yupper a fully stocled Parinid Ship yard (2 actually) and I went on a shopping spree, I now have a "Parinid War Party Wing" these guys build some nasty fighting craft. I will post some shots (and the location of the yards) as soon as I get them painted in Co colours and all fitted out.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

I bet it's the Heaven's Assertion sector (south central, west of Patriarch's Constipation).

lololol...

Yes, the Paranid do make some wild ships. They make another corvette cruiser that is awesome. I had one, but someone blew it up while it was patrolling.. arrgh. This thing had a dual front hull and X-wings in the rear of the hull.

Wild looking thing.

Bill

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    DEC09_2009AlfaDelta

Decided to do some money making runs in the Mercury Super Freighter L ship, (one that wasnt doing anything). Found that some aliens do not like riding in a cargo ship and requested I have a Hauler instead. (I guess thats modern Argonian for tube liner). I started cancelling those jobs and only hauling groups or running cartography chips, etc. Was some good business.

Purchased one craft on the journeys. :d Self control is perservering... heh..

Checked prices on a couple of ships.. A Hercules (rediculously huge, 8,000 storage, hanger for 6 ships), and also the Heavy Hydra (boron dreadnaught I think LD was looking at), and the new Nemesis Heavy, (radically huge for a Nemesis, I like the older models better).

I learned that a Nemesis is 'Corvette class' yet can handle almost like a fighter. New, they run 9 Million from the docks, unfitted with options, (power windows, lasers, weapons of mass destruction). I am presently manufacturing my own. I wonder though if its just cheaper to buy them at only 9 million each. Imagine a wing of 4 of these things against the Xenon... Hmmmm....

Got back to base, 4 hours left on the Nemesis before its ready for a shake down cruise.

Tried to figure a way out to accellerate and or hone down figure out) how the 'Universe Trader thing works on the freighters.. I wonder if I need to park it at a major station and then I might hire a better pilot for it? There must be a way....

I also sought for a way to link a freighter into a slave ship for a Station. I need runs done for my 3 stations and it seems I need Commodity Logistics to do this. I wish it could just auto manage itself. Programming CL is just to complicated. I have yet to get one working right. So far, its a waist of time.

Did a couple of more runs, checked the fleet for needed maintenance, then parked at HQ and headed for bed...

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    DEC10_2009_ALFA_DELTA

Some rough things occurred during the day. Needed to vent. Thank goodness I had a large number of Xenon come through the Family Ryk sector, packing a Q ship with them...

:d

Not the day to pick on old uncle bill with the metallic eyebrows..

I died about 7 times, doing all that I could each time. I was in my Nemesis, loaded with all sorts of missles and lasers. Was great to work on my attack scenarios. Learning a bit from ChaCha, I learned to attack from the rear, hitting that Q with all I had in lasers, then a volley of Missles to get through the weakened shields.

Finally, on the 7th run, (7th life, 7th game reload), I had (again) called the Tokyo and all her fleet (blue Wing), and this time (2nd time) called her to the gate location I was at (as it was taking to long to get to where I was) and she showed up. I commanded the Blue Wing attack and ordered the Tokyo to hit the Q. I too was hitting the Q and trying to keep my shields from failing. In one fly by, I shot past, looped up, and in coming about, watched as the Tokyo rammed the Q and it turned into a fireball. Only shield damages done to the Tokyo. The rest was cleanup, taking out Xenon..

A good day..........................

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    DEC10_2009_AlfaDelta

New Nemesis ship completed. Took her into space, fitted her with Hyper Drive down south, then had her cargo hold, engines, and rudder fields improved, updated.

Took her on a shakedown cruise. Patrolling extreme South Southwest sectors, making money and side jobs. Obliterated 5 pirates, 2 in one sector, 3 in another. Recieved an offer for a small Freighter for only 49,000, had to take it. Set it to the nearest trade station and fitted it with SETA drive. Sent it to HQ back in Argon Prime.

Continued jobbing through the South.

Docked and refueling.

Side note; Was watching 'The Enemy Below' while playing. Sometimes, with the visibility bad in some sectors, seems like X3 also shares some qualities of Submarine simming...

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    DEC12_2009_AD

Ive been on a huge run of making money 'venture' journeys and pulled in quite a bit of funds, nearly 10 Million. Quite nice. I wish it was this easy in real life in a single day, or rather, in just an hour and a half, if that..

Decided to check my fleet after a long business trip, check my fleet and see how they were doing. Well.... To my astonishment, I found out what the cheat code was for 'Increase UT experience to maximum'. lolololol.... Universal Trader!!!!!!! Yep... So now, I 'could' attach this to a ship and it will then be capable of being a Universal Trader, going to all points in the galaxy for the best sales and buys.

Now I can put some of my rebuilt freighters to work as they have all gathered up waiting for jobs..

Took a cool pick over a gas giant in the Nemesis while doing odd jobs...

Bill

That is a way cool picture, thanks.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    That is a way cool picture, thanks.
    Hey Marlin,

Most welcome.

I forgot to mention that I went to go through a Xenon sector tonight and caught site of a Xenon J attacking a humble merchant coming through the gate. So I took it upon myself to launch an attach on the lone J and hit it with all I had, from various missle vollies to laser strafings.... I died another 5 or 6 times, lol.. I finally hit it so well, always from behind, and noticed I didnt dent it and my shields were down to 60% on my most luckiest of attacks and with the mini fighters coming in to help him out, I chose to exit, stage left, and hit the jump gate.

Now I know where to go to vent frustrations, lololol....

Man.. Really gets your heart rate going facing off to such a huge vessle...

I did take down about 6 pirates tonight. The Nemesis is a bit over-classed for those guys.

Bill

Luckydogalog : 2009.12.12. Grand Exchange

Almost finished blockading Xenon sector to the north.
    Ferocious dog fights..........lost some good friends.
    Decided to take some well-deserved R&R and went to the outdoor concert in the park at the free trading station. Asked one of the ship's school teacher's to accompany me :Attachment 22452

Security was tight......
    Attachment 22453

(during the concert had this little rascal crawl up my leg......... )
    Attachment 22454

but the music was excellent
    (ZZ Topladi)
    Attachment 22455

and James Brown (the XXXIV)
    Attachment 22456

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Retired SOH Administrator

I am glad you enjoyed the concert with a school teacher... Good for you! I bet you had a great time!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    LOLOLOL..

Always the best reports...

Bill

OUTSTANDING AS USUAL

SOH-CM-2014
    DEC14_2009_AlfaDelta

Setting up for manufacturing of several Mercury super freighters (the biggest versions, L). Backwards engineering it presently. As soon as that is done, I will be producing 2 more Nemesis ships for a total of 4 in my fleet. This will be a huge anti-Xenon campaign. (They should have left my freighter alone... ). Then I begin producing super freighters and putting them into Universe Trader positions.

I then went to Xenon sector 534 to 'test the waters'. I was in the Nemesis. I flew in from Genzu Fume' (I think thats how its spelled), and found quite a few Xenon, as well as some pirates. I flew through the sector and mapped it, went to the unknown sector just west of there, shot out a couple of pirate fighters, then back into Xenon's 534 sector and man... I was bad... I think I took out 10 of their little fighters. But when I was back to the gate, more had appeared.. I wonder if the Q ships have hangers? I cant believe how many fighters showed up, lol.. I was having too much fun though. They started grouping around the Q's and I just didnt feel like stretching it so I headed out after I had enough fun and made the hyper jump back home to good ole Argon Prime and docked the Nemesis.

I am really appreciating that thing. I just wish it had more cargo capacity.

During my studies tonight on the ships, I learned that TM ships can carry 'ships'.. small ones. I guess they are like tow trucks... Interesting to know. (For the fun of it, I created a Split Boa ship carrier and loaded some of my fleet into it. I was in my space suit and used the Drone (personal launch) to go out and check it out first hand.

While I was out there in a space walk, I almost got a bit sick, lolol.. The graphics, the craft hovering over a planet, going upside down at times.. I wonder how the astronaughts do it when the go outside of the shuttle.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    DEC14_2009_AD

I went into the Xenon sector 534 again....

I didnt know I was that stressed and could be that ruthless...

I feel like Mel Gibson in The Patriot... eeeks..

So much shot down wreckage in that sector, you cannot believe it. Its a junkyard now. The only ships remaining are Q's and a K. I have been working on the K, but not able to wear it down fast enough, so I am now focused on building my mini fleet of Nemesis ships...

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Today still...

Kept going into Xenon sector 534 with my Nemesis, over.. and over.... and over..... and over and over and over............ and again.. and again...

I smell liked burned charcoal.. I feel drained.. I feel like a Klingon warrior! lol... I am beatup and wounded..

I even tried cloning my ship 10 times and went after the enemy.. It was a wild naval battle (several times in a row). I kept getting hit though, sliding into a Q.. arrgh.

I do believe the Xenon fighters keep appearing from no where.. I forget what the word is. It was like this in COD. Soldiers would spring up from no where..

Exhaustive......

Bill

I think the word you are looking for is Spawning, and you are right they do seem to Spawn endlessly. The mission I was on that I Cleaned out the Xenon Sector, I found the fighters were launching from a Xenon K and from a shipyard, once I took out the K the numbers of new fighters apearing dropped and once the shipyard went down it stopped completely. I forget which sector it was now but I dropped an advanced Sat before I left the space dust behind and checked back some time later and found the buggers had moved right back in, they are quick I think it was less than an hour after I clean out every ship they had retaken the sector.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Was poking around Two Grand tonight...

Picked up a Demeter Super Freighter for the price of a Hurricane missile and a few PAC blasts. Those Duke boys sure are generous. They even threw in 4k e-cells to sweeten the deal.

Deployed my first advanced navsat just to see what it does for me. There's quite a bit of production in this sector, so it might not be a bad place to set up a freight run with the new Demeter.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    I think the word you are looking for is Spawning, and you are right they do seem to Spawn endlessly.

That is indeed the word Mike. They were spawning and that was a K in the system. Shoot. If they are going to just retake the system anyways, then I might only save the battles for when my stress levels need some fun time.

Craig,

Sounds like youre doing pretty good. I love NavSats. You can get prices in your sectors with those Sats. I have them in the important sectors. No use having them in the rough sectors.

I think you can set them to alert you when enemy ships come through sectors. Very nice feature if you are a hunter of the hunters.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I think you can set them to alert you when enemy ships come through sectors. Very nice feature if you are a hunter of the hunters.

Bill
    I didn't know about that feature. That sounds very handy! I bought six from OTAS HQ with the intent to place them where they can feed me key price data from out-of-sector.

Right now I'm approaching trading using the MORT method - Manually Operated Remote Trading. It's not too hard to manage with only 4-5 haulers running around. Each one is kitted with the best buy & best sell software upgrades. I send them to one sector to buy the cheapest raw materials, and then send them to a nearby sector to sell it to the highest bidder. With the software upgrades I check prices as soon as the ships arrive in sector. I can usually make between $30K - 60K per ship per run, depending on what's in the holds.

Once I get into the main story line, though, I may switch to the ST/UT method. I'm just not ready to let go of the reins yet.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR