Eyfinity screenshots Roy Chaffin freeware B-25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyfinity screenshots Roy Chaffin freeware B-25

sberlins

Eyfinity screenshots Roy Chaffin freeware B-25

Roy Chaffin FSX B-25:

I'm not worthy enough to fly something that beautiful!

Freeware!?!?!

I'll be snarky and say it, that there puts some payware developers to shame!

WOW!!! :ernae:
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

i thought this was a portover? I remember it being mentioned but never installed it

I was totally out of the loop on this one. :redf: Has it been out for a while then?

The RCS Panels pages states it is a total rebuild for FSX...

http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html (Under "Packages Tab)

it looks great - but am I missing a VC texture or two somewhere?...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

n/m - I really need to start reading manuals...

apparently this model has all of its controls accessed through pop-ups -

since it is free there is no complaint - just would have liked a stablemate for Miltons A-26
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    it looks great - but am I missing a VC texture or two somewhere?...

Guess it is a port over.
    I don't know, but your VC looks like the one I have...

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    I was totally out of the loop on this one. :redf: Has it been out for a while then?

The RCS Panels pages states it is a total rebuild for FSX...

http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html (Under "Packages Tab)
    It's been out almost 6 months now. And it's FSX native according to Roy.

-G-

yes it is native FSX - but the VC is (to my mind) incomplete...

I have viewed the FS9 boards here a few times to see why many have decided not to upgrade to FSX and surprisingly to me, there were many there who posted that they prefer 2D pits and pop ups to the FSX style -complete- VC

I don't get why that would be other than up until this iteration of MSFS - that was all there was...and some are reluctant to change even when the changes make it even more 'real as it gets'
    enter..the Sandman

i prefer fsx, but i admit i am a 2-d panel guy. most vc's are
    hard for me to see where stuff is

I'm not worthy enough to fly something that beautiful!

Freeware!?!?!

I'll be snarky and say it, that there puts some payware developers to shame!

WOW!!! :ernae:
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    i prefer fsx, but i admit i am a 2-d panel guy. most vc's are
    hard for me to see where stuff is
    this makes sense to me as my eyesight is declining - so I am not against pop-ups as long as the VC is complete and I have the option of using them where needed.

This plane is a nice model - extremely well executed and I thank the authors

:ernae:
    enter..the Sandman

Yes, you are correct - the VC is incomplete but intentionally so. When this was first released by Roy Chaffin, I posted a set of impressions on AVSIM in which I mentioned my own wish for a more complete VC and my desire for elimination of the pop-up 2-d panels. I did get a response at the time from a fellow named Steve (last name unknown) who said he was the creator of the software and that he intended to upgrade the representation to include a full VC. Well, that didn't happen. It's been several months now, and I suspect Steve's good intentions were overtaken by events and competing projects. Unless Steve gets motivated to ressurect this project, we probably are looking at the final result.

I also hope Steve decides to / or has the opportunity to continue working on this fine airplane - what there is of the VC is really quite good. :ernae:
    enter..the Sandman

I thank the creators of this wonderful freeware release. It is GREAT!

NC

Great bit of freeware. Very surprised there don't seem to be any repaints other than the one shown. Anyone know of any others?

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Great bit of freeware. Very surprised there don't seem to be any repaints other than the one shown. Anyone know of any others?

expat
    they do not allow repaints....
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Very nice pics Sberlins ! The Eyefinity technology looks tempting...

I'm looking going ATI just for it in a new build. It looks much easier to manage than the Matrox multimonitors contraption and Nvidia doesn't have the equivalent (so far...).

Seems you run three monitors in an horizontal row, at what resolution and frequency ? Do you get a good framerate and ease of use with FSX ?
    Dominique
    Asus P4C800/3.0 Ghz @ 3.16-2 Gb PC3500 DDR-MSI 7800GS-Dell 19" LCD-CH USB pedals, yoke and HOTAS.
    Hab Mut, hatten wir durch.

Thanks for this one. during my FS 9 days I would spend a lot of time in the M.A.M. B 25 And now in FSX I have missed her. This is pretty close if not better. Thanks. And freeware as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    they do not allow repaints....
    That's probably why it never caught my attention. Too bad about that policy. We have some mighty gifted folks around here...

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's probably why it never caught my attention. Too bad about that policy. We have some mighty gifted folks around here...
    i will second that
    its a shame
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Not allowing ANY repaints?! That's a new one on me. Not sure why anyone would go to all the effort and then share a nice bit of freeware like this and not allow it to be fully enjoyed in the usual way. Maybe . . , naw, never mind . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

There is a long history behind this freeware, but in order for it to exists, repaints were expressly forbidden.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Angry

I tried it but ...... on DX10 no texures :isadizzy:

(like the one at MAAM !!!)

Aren't there any patch ?

Italo

sberlins
    Quote Originally Posted by dominique View Post
    Very nice pics Sberlins ! The Eyefinity technology looks tempting...

I'm looking going ATI just for it in a new build. It looks much easier to manage than the Matrox multimonitors contraption and Nvidia doesn't have the equivalent (so far...).

Seems you run three monitors in an horizontal row, at what resolution and frequency ? Do you get a good framerate and ease of use with FSX ?
    5760 X 1200 @ 60hz. This on an i7 @ 3.8 ghz with 12 gig of memory. Framerates are very good. Most everything is maxed except water and, I think, autogen. I have fps target setting at 36 and get that most everywhere except for large cities like Seattle and San Francisco. There it can drop to 17-19 depending on where you are looking but still quite flyable. Rapid head movements with TrackIR 4 do get some smearing, but normal head movement is sublime. One thing I did notice right off is that with a single screen, I never quite felt the sensation of speed at low level in FSX (or FS9 for that matter), but this is greatly improved with the added screens.