New Model

Thread: New Model

New Model

For anyone interested, My new project, the P-26 Peashooter, will be released in a few days.

Heres a few screenshots

Dang screenshots didnt make it the first go.

very nice Chris..!! let us know when available...

reading another thread...with me you have already sold two PT-22s...!!

rgds
    t creed

neat!
    Lovely model.
    I don't mean to sound critical, but doesn't the pilot look a bit small compared to the large headrest?
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Hey Chris she is an agile little angel! Nice work Amigo...uh... I had the same question about the pilot, but all the pics I found on the P-26 made my find inconclusive as that is a huge cockpit in real life.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Thanks fellas

I thought the same about the headrest but its like Ted said....its a big n tall bugger. I made some changes to it this morning, rounder, and redesigned the leather headrest pad. The headrest was made that tall because the prototype had a habit of tipping over onto its back when the brakes were applied on landing, it was injuring a lot of pilots.

Chris

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Nice model Chris!

I guess the bright colours and large engine makes us think of toy planes so we assume it must be small. Strange how that works.

It really is pretty big though:

http://www.airbum.com/photos/BoeingP-26Peashooter.jpg
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I have had the opportunity to sit in the cockpit of the P-26 at Planes of Fame at Chino and I almost sank out of sight. Up close the cockpit is much larger than I thought, so I would say the pilot size is OK.

Paul

Well I think I have it where I want it, got some folks looking at it now, may be ready over the weekend for those that are interested in it.

Chris

I always thought that besides acting as a headrest, more importantly it acted as a roll over bar in case the airframe became inverted as per an accident.

Looks right to me,

Martin

Looks beautiful, I understand the reasons for the big headrest. The slight changes you've made just makes it look really nice, I wasn't being critical or anything like that, but I just noticed the size of the headrest which looked like out of proportion to the man in the cockpit, but after seeing photos of the real thing I realize that it was designed like that.
    Mark

Neat aircraft Chris, one unique design, and looks like you have modeled it well.

Mike

Thanks fellas,

mrogers I didnt take it that way, I felt the same as you did on it, even thought the photo was distorted at first glance...lol

Just finished another skin for it.

It'll be fun to do some fly-off competitions with the Rata, both of which saw service with the Chinese Air Force in the Sino-Japanese War.

Here's an interesting shot that clearly shows the pilot...

and a picture here of a P-26A before the headrest modification
    http://peashooter.net/?content=history

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

And the funniest part is that they also flew together in Spain. One P-26 was used by the Republican (governmental??) Air Force.

Veeeery nice model, Sir!!

Saludos

Quote Originally Posted by Ascua02 View Post
    And the funniest part is that they also flew together in Spain. One P-26 was used by the Republican (governmental??) Air Force.

Veeeery nice model, Sir!!

Saludos
    This is not true. No Peashooter saw service in Spain. Some I-16 were identified as P-26.

Cheers

Pepe

Boeing 281CBExport version of the P-26, A single example was demonstrated in Spain before the civil war, and was requisitioned by the government on the outbreak of war. It was shot down in 1937, after which compensation was paid to the Boeing company.
    From a fast Google search. Not saying it was there, but... I love these topics!
    And cannot look any more as something I ran over while mowing the lawn is causing my eyes to close up...
    Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
    (Clarke and Clark)

Bingo CP1207!!
    As a matter of fact the aircraft's registration was NX12275 and was presented to the spanish autorities the 10 April 1935. For some reason it was still in Madrid the 18 July 1936 (Spanish Civil War starting date).
    Actually, the aircraft was bought from Boeing for $26.000 and paid for to the Boeing representative W. Johnson in the Spanish Embassy in Paris at the beginning of October 1936.
    The aircraft was lost on the 21 October 1936 in combat near Madrid to "National" fighters ("Fiat" are mentioned but I would take it with a pinch of salt) and its pilot (Lt R. Puparelli Francia) had to evacuate in parachute.
    Seemingly it was armed with two 7.7 mm machine guns.

Saludos

I'm not seeing the screenshots of your P-26 NCGent, have they been removed or something?

Phantom,

The orginal posts (with screen shots) were made sometime ago and the screen shots were deleted at some point over the past year.

Here is a screen shot that came with the package that I bought a while back.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Thanks Jag, sometimes I don't proof read the threads and several times have found myself about to reply to some very old posts as if they were current day.

NCGent did that P-26, that looks pretty dagone good. I'm particularly impressed with his BT-13 and thought this thread was his next model up and wanted to follow his progress on it. LOL! Jokes on myself! BOING! :isadizzy: Thanks for the clarification and the screen shot!

Members who have read this thread: 0