Dual Install, How To?

Thread: Dual Install, How To?

Dual Install, How To?

Well, daylight-saving time is over, the garden is closed down for the winter. It will soon will be dark when I get home in the afternoons. All that is left to be done outside, is to go get some firewood from the woodshed for the stove every now and then.

So, now it's time to withdraw to do some indoor activities in me and my sons cave, the little room in the far end of the house, with the low lights and the low-key hum from hard drives, fans and such.. Could be activities like FS9 ;-)

And, I was thinking of doing a dual install. And build the new install up slowly and consider it at length what I really want it to be. Instead as like the install I have now, filled with all kind of stuff, installed on the spot from the 'Nice, interesting! I want that!' point of action. And - in the end - much of the stuff is left unused anyway

But, how to get past the uninstall-thing, when putting disc one in the drive? (Have been searching here, but did not get a solid hit, me thinks?)

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have two hard drives in the rig
    To err is human; to forgive, divine [Alexander Pope]

GZR_Sactargets
    Use a different name(rename it) for your current install, like "HideFS9" or whatever yours is named. Now the install will not see it. Now create a new folder name and install the new version there. When your new install is done, just go back and remove the "hide" so your first install now has it's original name. You should be good to go. As you add things you will have to do it manually to the right version you want it in. HTH

Members who have read this thread: 1