Test Thread for Duenna Posts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Test Thread for Duenna Posts

Test Thread for Duenna Posts

Just setup Duenna on this computer, required a full install plus updates to get the VB6 runtime routines installed.

Just did a practice first leg from EGUN to LFPB without issues so I guess the Puss MOth is a keeper.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Just setup Duenna on this computer, required a full install plus updates to get the VB6 runtime routines installed.

Just did a practice first leg from EGUN to LFPB without issues so I guess the Puss MOth is a keeper.
    Uh-Huh,,,,,,she's definately a keeper.......:ernae:

Thanks one more time for all the excellent work!
    salt_air

Great Milton! It's good to know we've got another addict among us.

A couple more years and we'll have enough material for a:
    "Life and Death by Duenna: The Book of Racing Legends"

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

LOL Thanks guys.

Just for testing purposes to see how this computer would hold up, I flew the second leg to LFLY. No issues.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, I expect you've probably got a newer comp than mine and mine does reasonably well at this racing thing. I do try to pick my aircraft to just ones that I know will give me decent framerates. Also if offline, I don't mess with the ATC function as it knocks a couple of fps off too. I prefer to fly online for these racing events as it also kills the AI too.

One thing I do for races like the RTW event and this one is create a temporary folder outside FS and move all non-default and non-payware aircraft to that folder. Planes I will not be flying.

I will also empty out my AFCAD folders except for airports along the route and the same with addon scenery - freeware, I never move payware.

Anything to minimize the load on the computer/ FS for the event.

Most of us also find it a good idea to shutdown and restart FS, sometimes the computer also - between flights.

One thing which will continue to accumulate is aircraft damage and overspeed time even if you have stopped. Until you reload the aircraft, those do not reset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Reggie Fields, KADS, Addison, Texas, USA

those are great ideas, Reggie.... I dim things down for sure during the RTW, but for this one, Im actually installing fsglobal accross the race zone. I dont have much else addon for that area other than some of the larger airfields in said countries.

I am going to be vfr and driftmeter most of the way, so, i want the bumps to look somewhat accurate

im looking foreward to this race, but I know i am gunna get sooo lost

hahahahaha
    Remember: It's break ground, and fly into the wind..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Okay, I'll play too...

Took the Beech up for a test flight heading out using the eastern route out of Mildenhall. Only went as far as EDSL on the German/Dutch border instead of all the way into Leipzig (EDDP). As usual I took off at 0630 local and was checking the weather as well as other things.

Still trying to make up my mind whether to head east or south out of Mildenhall.....

Yup, stable as a rock,
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Test flight complete. Aircraft is signed over to the flight crew.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Hey All,

I could show a successful crash but I deleted it! Saturday I flew a distance test in the Me 108 - 780nm (like 5 hours) but flew from day into night. Now night isn't a problem but ground fog is. I could see everything clear as a bell 500ft above ground but could see absolutely nothing those last 500 ft of descent. Approached twice and finally went for it and hit a building. Why didn't they have ils in 1934?

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Why didn't they have ils in 1934?

They knew we were coming? :d

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Test flight complete. Aircraft is signed over to the flight crew.
    Thanks Paul ... doing a test flight now EGUN to LFPB just to ensure I don't embarrass myself in the morning. Bumpy ride tonight with a frontal port wind.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Ferrying my birds up to Mildenhall from the top secret Merc Air HQ for the race tomorrow. First up the CDM.....

Went back down to Rochford and flew the Twin Beech up to Mildenhall for the race. Not sure yet which aircraft I'll start out with, but I've got both of them's routes figured out.

Weather Warnings in FS X

Just making the move to FS X with the duenna and I get Yellow on Real-WX.

I have winds aloft set to download, turbulence is unchecked, and it is set to use Real World WX and download every 15 minutes.
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

My validation maps doesn't look like everyone elses:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Are you attaching the flightlog_XX_XX_XX jpg via manage attachments? Your Duenna Version looks correct.
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Example Duenna flight log jpg file from OUTPUT FOLDER
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

London-Melbourne Practice Post

VonWrecktoften here...posting a practice leg from Marseille to Rome, to make sure everything works...

Attachment 14104
    [ATTACH]Attachment 14103[/ATTACH]
    -Mandrake von Wrecktoften, The Dead Baron

Quote Originally Posted by buzzbee View Post
    Are you attaching the flightlog_XX_XX_XX jpg via manage attachments? Your Duenna Version looks correct.
    When I go into the output folder, the jpg's are just as I attached them here. The jpg is not in a combined state like everything I'm seeing here. The main tracking map is one, the google map is one and the flight log is separate. . . .and yes, I always use "manage attachments" to post images, etc.

Current System Specs:

Ed (?),

Please open up the FlightLog_00-52-51.TXT textfile. (This should flash up on your screen when you have finished your flight.) Scroll down to the bottom to find the following text:

Validation-Files:
    K:\Simple Drive\Flightsim_Stuff\RTW-Duenna\OUTPUT\2009-10-20\FlightLog_00-52-51.JPG
    K:\Simple Drive\Flightsim_Stuff\RTW-Duenna\OUTPUT\2009-10-20\FlightLog_00-52-51.TXT
    (just copy the above path+files into your forum-attachment field.)
    When you add attachments, you copy first the "K:\Simple Drive...FlightLog_00-52-51.JPG" text into the box next to the first "Browse" button.

Then copy the "K:\Simple Drive....FlightLog_00-52-51.TXT" text into the second box. Finally hit the "Upload" button on the right.

Hope this helps,
    Mike
    -Mike

You can copy the link at the bottom of the text file when it opens for the jpg, and paste it in the Browse window. Then copy the txt link under the jpg link and paste it in the second Browse slot, then upload.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    You can copy the link at the bottom of the text file when it opens for the jpg, and paste it in the Browse window. Then copy the txt link under the jpg link and paste it in the second Browse slot, then upload.
    It won't allow me to do that guys. When I click on the first browse button it wants to open something, I go to that text file and highlite the jpg text line and it pastes it into the slot, then I do the same for the text file link and when I go back to check what I've loaded it only loads the text file, not the jpg. I should have experimented with this a long time ago.

Simply put, the browse function "will not" allow me to just cut and paste anything, it wants to "open". When I open the log, scroll to the bottom and highlite the jpg line, I have to click open and something is pasted into the frist browser slot, but when I'm finished, it only loads the text file, not the jpg. Sorry. You guys have obviously done this for ages and it's no big deal, but it is simply not working.

Current System Specs:

This is a little squirrely on my system. Yours too?

Highlight the first location (the *.jpg file) in the Duenna textfile line and copy it.
    Go "Manage Attachements" and to the "Browse" box and click it.
    You will get a searching box--click and paste the location of your jpg file into the file name box and click "Open."
    Then repeat for the Duenna *.txt file. Or, perhaps easier, simply click on the next "Browse" box and it should default to the folder you just visited.

Try this out and let us know.
    M.
    -Mike