It's me again

Thread: It's me again

It's me again

Hello ACC, ETO and other CFS3 SOH friends!

Long time no see, but I finally have returned from my Canadian adventures (well, actually I already came home three weeks ago). With a diploma ('cum laude'/'with honours') and several certificates. That makes me a certified "Wilderness Guide", who is currently very much unemployed... This is also the reason that it took a while for me to contact you all again and start thinking about working on some CFS3 stuff. Paying the rent and other monthly financial evils is a top priority at the moment - especially now that I am living on someone else's expense :-(. So now that I am busy for a job agency, I feel I can devote some free time to 'hobbies'.

I had a fantastic time in Canada. There was a lot to learn and to do and I do feel that it was definitely worth that gigantic pile of money. Although more than three months of outdoor adventure is a bit too much to recount in a short space, the program was something like this:
    - one month of theoretical classes on Navigation, Meteorology, Psychology/ Character Study, Leadership- and Teaching skills, each with a written test at the end.
    - practical week to test Navigation, Meteorology and Leadership Skills
    - practical classes in River Swimming and River Crossing
    - courses in Wilderness First Aid and Swift Water Rescue by two Canadian organisations.
    - practical classes in Canoe and Kayak Rescue, Search and Rescue, some Tracking, Fire Arms Training, Biology.
    - teaching some of the above to tourists during their Survival Course to test teaching skills.
    - taking part in the Survival Course to test Leadership Skills, Navigation and Survival Skills. Part of the course was a week long solo trek through the Canadian wilderness without navigation equipment or food (almost a total of three weeks trekking)
    - written Fire Arms Test (to obtain the FAC/PAL).
    - teaching tourists during their General Outdoor Training to test Teaching skills.
    - taking part in the Outdoor Training to test Navigation, Meteorology, Leadership skills, First Aid and SAR skills (almost three weeks of trekking and canoeing)
    - written "100 questions"-test to test general guiding knowledge.

And that's the short, short, short version. All kinds of interesting social interactions took place when living together with six to eight people for more three months. Especially during the only weekend off in a 100 days when we went 'downtown' Whitehorse with some lovely Canadian girls... (when I die, I hope heaven is like the Yukon...)

But enough about that, what about CFS3? I understood that ETO is out? I have downloaded it but haven't taken the time to install it. I see all kind of interesting developments taking place with the PAC installation, new tracers etc.
    I haven't heard about the Mossie and the P-61 project yet and I was always very interested in Dancat's P-38. At least, I think it was him showing a fine screenie of a P-38 that he worked on.
    SOH has been down a couple of times, I see; my number of posts is '2' again...:d
    And I heard about some problems with Kenley and some of my buildings not showing up in ETO. Please let me know which ones, so I can see if they can be fixed.

cheers (and this is one of the few places where I do say "It's good to be back"),

Frosty

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Cheers m8....ETO is out....say nomore

R
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]MEIN ERLA...ist beim mutti!!!

Home for tea and tiffin! BeauBrummie's Avatar
    Hi Joost,

Glad to see you back. Apologies for not answering your e-mail. Do check out my website and Dave and Kev's DH98 mossie, both on my sig.

Beau

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAUBRUMMIE'S CFS3 WEBSITE
    The Mosquito DBKF DH98 PROJECT
    Check out my YouTube video's
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

Welcome back Frosty good to see you again:ernae:

Welcome back Frosty! How about Ski Patrol jobs? I'm looking forward to a P-61 too. Nothing that I've heard of yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

Blog Entries
    Good to see you back home Joost!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Welcome back Joost. And congratulations on your new qualifications..

Members who have read this thread: 0