Upcoming Warthog, Super Hornet, and Harrier
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Warthog, Super Hornet, and Harrier

Upcoming Warthog, Super Hornet, and Harrier

With the news from Aerosoft announcing their FSX A-10, VRS on the base leg of their Super Hornet, and Milviz' recent announcment of an FSX Harrier, I thought I'd post some photos from this past weekends airshow

Hope you enjoy

Nice shots! :ernae:
    Regards,
    Robert

MCDesigns
    Man, great shots! this topic makes me think of one thing in FSX.............................COMBAT!!!

JamesChams

Where was this Show?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Falcon Field, Peachtree Georgia. It was honestly a better show (photo wise) than the Robins AFB 2009 show.

Stupid me... When I saw the first pictures (of course without reading the text first), I just thought: "Wow this new Aerosoft A-10 looks really good, the photoreal textures are amazing, and look at this self-shadow, so precise.... no wait..."
    Fantastic pictures, by the way

The Harrier looks so wrong without proper RAF Colours

Fantastic shots!!!! Hey don't forget DCS A-10 Warthog.That should have all the combat you need!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis-A2A View Post
    The Harrier looks so wrong without proper RAF Colours
    I have to say I agree, if a harrier is released with no RAF or FAA textures I'd be devistated!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    I have to say I agree, if a harrier is released with no RAF or FAA textures I'd be devistated!
    Since when is the Harrier British?

Really nice pictures. I too am looking forward to these releases.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

It is our intention to do a GR.9 as well as the AV-8BII+ so you will for sure get RAF paints.

kc.

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Since when is the Harrier British?
    Since the 1960's.

I absolutely love the new harrier schemes with that dark gray on them....they just look tough!

Magnificent. What shutter speed did you use ? And what lens and camera combo ? Here in Belgium you can't get really close to runways nor taxiways since the crash...it looks better in the US!
    Please let me know about spelling and grammatical errors in my English, thank you!
    Aeropedia.be photographer
    Flightlevel.be photographer, editor and forum administrator
    So drink to the Black Cat PBY,
    Damnedest old plane in all God's sky,
    BB-gun for'd and a slingshot aft,
    Hundred twenty knots when in a forced draft.

Sony DSLR-A350 + 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 + 55-200mm F4-5.6 + 70-400G F4-5.6 SSM (all lenses made by Sony). All in a Lowepro CompuTrekker AW backpack.
    My Flickr photostream.

I love the Marine Harriers too

As for shutter speed, it was pretty cloudy (and I hate getting grain) so my ISO was at 100, shutter anywhere from 300-700, sigma 50-500mm, and Tamaron 28-75mm (or something like that).

Camera is a Nikon D2Xs

Charter Member 2015
    Great pics,MD. Must have a closer look at that Sigma 50-500mm as I'm needing a longer zoom (my longest zooms are a nikon 80-200mm f2.8 and nikon 70-300mm VR at present).
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

That was a great show on Sunday. We got there around noon and walked around for a while. Toured the C130, grabbed a biter to eat and sat down to watch the shows. The military aircraft were the best in my opinion. Loud, fast, and powerful! We forgot our cameras but yours look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    Since the 1960's.
    Yeah we invented the Harrier, Hawker Siddley aviation, the Harrier is a British design!

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    Great pics,MD. Must have a closer look at that Sigma 50-500mm as I'm needing a longer zoom (my longest zooms are a nikon 80-200mm f2.8 and nikon 70-300mm VR at present).
    I would rather take a look at a decent 400mm if I were you.

The posted pictures are fine, but the 50-500 'Bigma' is heavy, and not tack-sharp at certain focal lengths. At least, that's what I have read about it on certain photography forums...
    Please let me know about spelling and grammatical errors in my English, thank you!

Sony DSLR-A350 + 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 + 55-200mm F4-5.6 + 70-400G F4-5.6 SSM (all lenses made by Sony). All in a Lowepro CompuTrekker AW backpack.
    My Flickr photostream.

I have to agree with you Joris, it's a great lens, which I recieved for my birthday, but she is HEAVY and a little quirky at certain focal lengths. Alot of great shots that could have been, but were just out of focus.

I've just taken a look at Nikon's website...you have two choices: the 80-400, which isn't that good considered it's price (here in Belgium +/- 1500 euro's or more), and the 200-400 which has a less useful range but offers greatly improved quality over the other lens. But its price...6000 euro's at least, and probably more . I don't think anyone of us can afford it to buy such a lens...

For the time being I'm very happy with my 70-400G...

My Flickr photostream.

Charter Member 2015
    Cheers guys...guess I better start saving up...I suppose that I could always use a TC in the mean time.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry