Antivirus ?

Thread: Antivirus ?

Antivirus ?

Hello,I'm having a heck of a time trying to activate the PMDG J-41,I've been told by them that I must have a anti-virus program running and prohibiting my activation reaching thier server,but for the life of me I can't find it!!! I've disabled my firewall[actually 2,Windows default and McAfee's]but I'm still not able to activate.

Since I know the brightest and crazysmartest people hang out here @ SOH :ernae: I thought I'd post my dilemma here in hopes of finding a solution,any opinions or Ideas welcome!!
    Cheers!!

Thank You!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Hey Patrick, are you running Vista 64?

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Yeah Odie I am,sorry should of given my specs, Vista64 Quad core 9650@ 3GHZ. 4gig ram .GTX260
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Do your self a favor DUMP VISTA

harleyman
    Vista is cool, as long as you know how to whip it into submission...

You are not the first to have this problem.....

The last person I tried to help with this after weeks just dumped the project and admitted defeat...

Perhaps just totally uninstall your AV, reboot and do your thing...

Then naturally load your AV again and run it...

Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I don't think I'll be switching to W7 for quite some time. :mixedsmi:

Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post

You are not the first to have this problem.....

The last person I tried to help with this after weeks just dumped the project and admitted defeat...

Perhaps just totally uninstall your AV, reboot and do your thing...

Then naturally load your AV again and run it...
    Hello Mason!!! Cheers Bud!!! That might be the best solution to a very stuborn problem!!! Thanks very much for the info!!!:ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

harleyman
    Ummmm Sweet ride......:ernae:

Hopefully that may work for you......

Its kind of funny, Vista 64 has issues with programs like J-41 and Vista 32 has OOM errors with FSX.. Gotta love it! I am going to make the move to Windows 7 as soon as its released. Vista can go in the trash can as far as I am concerned.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Gdavis101 View Post
    Its kind of funny, Vista 64 has issues with programs like J-41
    Only on certain peoples' machines, as the Discus had problems on my machine but not others'...

My J41 works perfect.

This just gets weirder!!! I totally uninstalled my McAfee security center,Firewall,Antivirus,Scan the works!! and still no go!! no activation!! very fustrating!

Mason thanks for the compliment on my scoot!! As it's the only thing keep'in me sane right now! The weather here in Chicago is wonderful and much better suited for going through The RoadKing's gears on some fresh pavement rather than bang'in my head against the PC!!!!:isadizzy:

Thanks Buddy!!:ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Charter Member 2015
    Have you disabled UAC and have you administration rights on the PC?
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

harleyman
    Also...Mant times MacAfee is a bear to actually ninstall..although it may appear uninstalled..it may not be..

You can kill it with this completely....http://www.tucows.com/preview/195895

Remember to reboot after the uninstall..

AND..Turn off UAC, right click your app. and install as admin,

Hello kilo,I have disabled UAC...Admin rights Im not sure about,I'll have a look,Thank You!
    Mason I've downloaded tucows and I'm gonna give it a try,Cheers bud!! Thanks very much!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Hey BOOM, I think you'll find it's an issue between Vista 64 and the product's activation routine.

Do you get a server error when trying? If so it may be the same issue I experienced a while back.

I had the same thing happen to me and never could get the product activated. It would activate on WinXP, but not Vista 64! Finally ended up just putting the product on the shelf for the time being. I've got a new WinXP system but haven't had the time to properly get things transferred over to it.

The product vendor suggested everything that you are trying (which I did as well) but it just wouldn't activate under Vista 64. Even went to my PC's vendor tech support, too. No joy.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Hey Odie,Thanks for the info.PMDG support is really fantastic!! Robert Randazzo[Pres/CEO of PMDG] has been in constant communication via e-mail concerning my problem,he's working on a program that will let me unlock/activate the product manually,You can't beat that kind of service!!

I'll let you know how it turns out:ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick