Section 8 F-86
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Section 8 F-86

Section 8 F-86

Has anyone heard how section 8 is doing on their F-86 for FSX? Been awhile now, and really like this one.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Been awhile and will still take awhile i'm afraid, gents. Good thing is that i've got my first native FSX thingy going but it's a Maam-Sim bird. The Sabre is lined up in sequence. There will be a major update for the FS9 version first though. Hang on to your O2 masks. :mixedsmi:

Cheers,
    Jan

Thanks for the update. Just needed to know that she was still up for an upgrade. My favorite jet right now, can only imagine how much better it could get. Don
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    There will be a major update for the FS9 version first though.
    A "Redo that whole FSX upgrade thingy" kind of update?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    A "Redo that whole FSX upgrade thingy" kind of update?
    No,no, FS9.The promised hardwing version, significantly reworked external, 3D VC radio set plus Canadair Sabre
    sporting authentic RAF old chap and new handpainted camo/colored pack including layered Repaint kit.

Btw, i did do an 'All In One Go' version of the FSX port-over fix that you have very kindly put together for a few peeps who found it difficult
    to master it.

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    My favorite jet right now, can only imagine how much better it could get. Don
    Thanks Don,happy to hear that. Can't wait to get the FSX version going, better you bet it will get better !

Cheers,
    Jan

The screenshots look exceptional! Makes me glad I kept fs9 so I can use this, will waiting for the fsx version. Only problem I have in fsx is the landing gear gets stuck at 38% and have to reload. But if I don't try to land everything is fine! Need to get a refuel probe so I can stay up longer, and oh yes, a relief can. Best of it all, Don
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

Btw, i did do an 'All In One Go' version of the FSX port-over fix that you have very kindly put together for a few peeps who found it difficult to master it.
    Fair enough, although the number of emails I recieived regarding the "Upgrade" was fairly low anyways.

Is that "all in one go" a "ready to go" portover version of the Sabre?

Now thinking about it and since I had a fairly extensive email exchange with you I could've simply just asked permission to do that portover version...silly me.

That looks great, Jan!!

I'm looking forward to the update

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    Only problem I have in fsx is the landing gear gets stuck at 38% and have to reload
    That shouldn't be a typical FSX problem, Don, will happen in FS9 too... Just get your gear up asap before reaching 185 knots and do not extend it either above this speed. Be quick on the flaps too.

Cheers,
    Jan

Is that "all in one go" a "ready to go" portover version of the Sabre?
    Yes,Bjoern, it's a ' Unzip to your FSX root and Bob's your Uncle' package. It installs the model, the fixes, the dds textures, even FSX thumbnails, and 5 paints. Not made public, only for people at our forum who specifically ask for an easier way to port-over our Sabre to FSX.

Most do very well with your FSX fix pack so the demand is not very high.

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    That looks great, Jan!!
    Thanks, Tim ! I'll see you soon at the BTBT.

Tschüss,
    Jan

That Sabre looks almost a dead ringer for the real thing, it's so beautifully made.

I was lucky enough to witness this past weekend the real thing flying, when the beautifully restored Temora Aviation Museum RAAF CA-27 Sabre took to the air for it's first public flying display in 17 years. Magic in motion.

The following photo's are from http://www.aviationmuseum.com.au/aircraft/raafsabre.cfm Check the News section.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Most do very well with your FSX fix pack so the demand is not very high.
    Speaks for my "readme writing" skills. :d

Quote Originally Posted by Pips View Post
    That Sabre looks almost a dead ringer for the real thing, it's so beautifully made.

I was lucky enough to witness this past weekend the real thing flying, when the beautifully restored Temora Aviation Museum RAAF CA-27 Sabre took to the air for it's first public flying display in 17 years. Magic in motion.

The following photo's are from http://www.aviationmuseum.com.au/aircraft/raafsabre.cfm Check the News section.
    Thanks,Pips !

Great to see the CA-27 flying again ! ( our Sabre model has a lot do with the CA-27, the photos that i used for VC texturing come from CA-27 A97-974 at the Classic Jet Fighter Museum, Adelaide, courtesy Warwick 'Wozza' Carter ) Great video, bummer about the music at start-up... this was a good chance to hear ( and maybe use... ) an Avon being started...

Also interesting to see a Martin Baker ejection seat ( 4DSA perhaps ?....) installed rather than the much more common NAA F-86 seat. Would love to model that.

Initial preparations have been made for a CA-27 model, a.o. air intake enlarged and 6 MG's replaced by Aden cannons. Too bad there are only 48hours in a day....

Work goes on.

Cheers,
    Jan

Speaks for my "readme writing" skills. :d
    Hehe. No doubt! :d

cheers,
    Jan

Luv the look of those Ca-27's Jan. Simply beautiful.

Your right about the music in that video. The start-up procedure is slow and rather drawn out - but the sound of that Avon winding up to ignition is ....... well it sent shivers down my spine.

By the by Canberra is only a couple of hours bike ride from Temora. If it would help I'd be happy to see if I could impose on the guys at Temora for any photo's of things you may need, or try and get a clear sound of the start-up of the Avon. Drop me a line by PM if I can help at all.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Any word on the updates that were being done for this awesome jet?

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Any word on the updates that were being done for this awesome jet?
    Take a look at a thread started by me in June, 2012: "F-86 Sabre Jet" Sorry I don't know how to just post the link to the thread.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    Is this an update for the FS9 Sabre.
    http://sectionf8.com/f86files/sf86fsx_fixup.zip

Isnt that for FSX or will it work in FS9.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    Isnt that for FSX or will it work in FS9.
    I guess I mis-read your request. :isadizzy: I thought you were looking for the updated version for FSX. That link is NOT for a FS9 model. I can't help you out on an update for FS9.

RD