Clemenceau Carrier last release
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clemenceau Carrier last release

Clemenceau Carrier last release

Hi!
    I've just uploaded a new package of my Clemenceau Carrier on Fligh Sim and Simviation.
    This release fixes some minor texture issues (specular problems on the flight deck). I uploaded also a package with optional flight deck textures: a set of 1024px (vs 2048px), and a set of textures with mimaps (if it flickers too much).
    This should be the last release of Clemenceau in this configuration. Whenever I have enough of ideas to start a release R3 with important enhancements, I'm already working on a plane project, a carrier jet of course
    I attached a screenshot to illustrate this "handover"
    Regards
    Sylvain

PS : this is a very draft WIP so, please, be indulgent...

Thanks, :ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

OMG an Etendard IV! Tres bon! On another note, the Clem is beyond amazing already, I can't wait to test on the new release!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm very much looking forward to your Etendard Sylvain!

JamesChams
    Monsieur Sylvain Parouty,
    Merci beaucoup.
    Au revoir!

Hi have some texture issues. the middle of the deck port side bridge is all black, as well as arrestor wires, plane on right, almost like its missing one texture file

Otherwise beautiful model
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Hi,
    Strange issue?!
    Can you post or send me a screen shot please?
    The flight deck is textured with 2 textures and 2 others for specular effects.
    These files are named like "PontEnvol_....dds", can you check having these 4 files named like this?
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Hi, quick reply, i am wondering if its just not a file missing from your zip file as i downloaded the texture pack and that fixed the deck issue, so tried the file on simviation same issue, when i replaced the texture it only asked to confirm 2 out of the 4, only textures missing now are the lower decks around side of the ship all black, around the arrestor wire where they go through the deck, the aft plane and the 2 forward planes and the landing gizmo, its lights work just the frame textures are missing.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Hi Folks

Sylvain -
    The textures -
    - Pont_Envol02_T
    - Pont_Envol02_T_specular
    appear to be missing from this v2 package installer.

HTH
    ATB
    Paul

The ODG Project

I've never felt so frustrated.......
    died so frequently/spectacularly/or needlessly.......
    yet had so much fun, in a long time.

Flight's Landing Challenges - Earn your wings !

Hi,
    Damned!
    Super-Etendard, catwalk surface, and certainly hull textures are missing?!?
    If I add PontEnvol2 and its specular map, it looks like a big issue in my package...

I will have to check and repackage this as soon as possible...
    In the meantime, I suggest you to download the zipped package available here: http://perso.numericable.fr/sonny3/RFN/ (go to "FSX Navires"), which seem to be complete...:isadizzy:
    I'm sorry about that mess...
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Hi
    You're completly right BASys, I've forgot 2 textures (PontEnvol2_T and PontEnvol2_Specular) in my package installer :VEH_Clemenceau_FSX_EN.exe

I'm really sorry about that but fortunately these missing textures are included into the optional texture package uploaded at the same moment (Clemenceau V2 Texture.zip)...

mjrhealth, regarding your missing textures, I think that your problem is elsewhere. Did you try to install the carrier once again?

Let me know if you still have issues.
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Hi just downloaded from french website will check it out

Cheers

All fixed now, the one on french website is fine.

Thanks again

JamesChams
    Gents,

Just updated the ( [Click Here] --> ) Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.5 by James F. Chams to include Lotus' L-39 (for use with Naval Repaints) and CaptainSim's C-130's

And if anyone else keeps asking "why?" - Here's why - [Click] --> c-130 carrier landing

Enjoy!

JamesChams
    Gents,

I've also made a few additions of my own for these Carriers/Naval Addons to appear in the AI Carriers Menu along with all the others. They weren't included as part of the setup, until I made these files. Simply add these files to your "...\AICarriers\conf.d" Folder, Launch FSX, and Load them from the AI Carriers (AI Ships) Menu.

DOWNLOAD HERE: AI_Carriers_Ships_Config.zip

Enjoy!

ThankYou !!

JamesChams
    Your Very Welcome; Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesChams View Post
    Gents,

I've also made a few additions of my own for these Carriers/Naval Addons to appear in the AI Carriers Menu along with all the others. They weren't included as part of the setup, until I made these files. Simply add these files to your "...\AICarriers\conf.d" Folder, Launch FSX, and Load them from the AI Carriers (AI Ships) Menu.

DOWNLOAD HERE: AI_Carriers_Ships_Config.zip

Enjoy!
    Do you have any link to get an Etendard for FSX Acceleration ?
    Cause i've some planes but dosen't work with Acceleration .

BestRegard

James, that C-130 landed unassisted if you didn't know, no tail hook. It took off unassisted as well. The herk was able to land come to a full stop and take off in the remaining deck space, rather impressive imo. Back to the topic at hand, i wonder if sparouty will bless us with more screens of the Etendar?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JamesChams
    Mr. Nick D.,

Yes, it was a specially outfitted C-130 and flown proceedurally to achieve the LND/TOF roles. And, I'm glad to see that users can do it in FSX as well.

Have fun fellows!

Quote Originally Posted by simkid22 View Post
    ... i wonder if sparouty will bless us with more screens of the Etendar?
    Hi Nick,
    Here is a little screenshot of the Etendard IVM. It progresses slowly because I'm facing a lot of new problems/questions (carriers and airplanes modeling project seem to be very different), but I'm patient
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Cet avion est très magnifique! If you want some help with textures I'm more than happy to lend my services. I'm just happy there is an Etendard in the works. Keep up the good work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Nick for your comment and your offer!

For the moment I'm spending a lot of time trying to make my 3D model looks like a real Etendard with the right animations working.

It's not easy for me because the first ever planes I have modeled are parked on the flight deck of the Clemenceau (about 7000 polys for the more "detailed", the AlouetteIII "Pedro"), and some guys around here had put my "threshold of satisfation" so high...:isadizzy:

I'll keep your informed about my progress,
    regards,
    Sylvain

JamesChams

Mr. Sylvain,

While your working on the Etendard, I've been busy fulling users requests for more aircraft to TOF/LND from your and Mr. Javier's carriers.

So here's more; DOWNLOAD HERE: Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.6 by James F. Chams

This new update includes a request by Mr. francesco for the Cessna Grand Caravan 20B and I've included both versions of Flight Replicas' (Flight1) Messerschmitt 262A-1a and 262B.

Enjoy!

Members who have read this thread: 62