Warbirdsim Mustangs For FSX! - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Warbirdsim Mustangs For FSX!

Quote Originally Posted by JorisVandenBerghe View Post
    To answer my own question, it appears there actually is a version with the Malcolm hood - but one still has to look well for it in the gallery.
    And I must say, I was just watching some screenshots on Nick's forum and I was highly impressed.
    just goes to show how good the info on this one actually is...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by lawdawg View Post
    If you guys have any specific questions, I will do my best to answer.
    Ya. Do you think it was worth 75$?
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by richardaero
    If we continue to moan about developers like Warbirdsim, they will pack up their bags and try something esle.
    If we won't 'moan', all devs will set the price around $100. How many planes will you afford?

I am able to pay 50 or 60 dollars for a plane. No problem. But it has to be addon like A2A's 377 with Accusim, Dodosims 206, PMDG tubeliners or VRsimulations SuperBug.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbage View Post
    ya. Do you think it was worth 75$?
    lol
    h

Quote Originally Posted by richardaero View Post
    If we continue to moan about developers like Warbirdsim, they will pack up their bags and try something esle. Then the future of our hobby looks pretty bleak. We will have to rely on freeware, which is in some cases excellent.
    I'm quite happy with the Auster or Piglet's brilliant J-21, and the Hunters, and the Beaufighter, and I haven't even installed the Mirage yet...
    Bleak you say? No, with FS11 out of the picture, the future has never been brighter me thinks...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by empeck View Post
    If we won't 'moan', all devs will set the price around $100. How many planes will you afford?
    actually i do not believe either to be true
    will devs Quit because we moan about the price: no
    we are the customer and its down to what we feel we can afford
    for a certain product its our money
    and will devs up there prices : no
    same reason applies
    you can price yourself out of the market
    H

Quote Originally Posted by empeck View Post

I am able to pay 50 or 60 dollars for a plane. No problem. But it has to be addon like A2A's 377 with Accusim, Dodosims 206, PMDG tubeliners or VRsimulations SuperBug.
    As someone on a development team, I need to watch my words when it comes to other developers threads, but I will honestly say that this thread interest's me greatly. I agree with you 100% in that if your silent about something you dont agree with, then expect more of it. Also, yes. Other developers DO watch these releases and "adjust" there own products based off of feedback.

Simply put, without a negative reaction to what is per-sieved as a high price, others would follow. Its simply hard to justify a single aircraft that cost's more then the flight sim itself.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Blog Entries
    Personally i would probably pay $100 for a Mossie
    as long as it came up to my expectations
    and a paint kit
    but then no one else would buy it
    so no paints
    and it would be a waste of the devs time
    and wouldnt make anything on it but the $100
    that i spent
    but dang id make some great screenies
    its business and we are the customers
    so the devs need to research what they can get
    for there product
    are there any millionaires on this forum?
    if so pm me
    LOL
    H

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage
    Its simply hard to justify a single aircraft that cost's more then the flight sim itself.
    I would justify high price of an aircraft under one condition. This aircraft addon should transform FSX platform to high end simulation of given plane. I don't buy that much payware planes, because I'm more interested in planes no one will make (they're too niche). That's OK. I have few addons, and my favourite are captain sim C-130 and A2A's 377. I'm going to buy Dodosim's 206 in next few weeks.

FSX with those planes is as much fun as DCS: BlackShark, or Falcon 4. I don't want just to fly a plane. I'd like to learn the plane. If it's just CTRL+E & fly aircraft, it's just not worth more than 20 bucks (in my opinion of course), doesn't matter how beautiful it is.

Gibbage..in a word..no.
    Chad (PAAQ)

Gibbage..in a word..no.
    And that says it all.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    but when 2 people who we do not know
    it does look suspicions
    not accusing anyone here
    But i get the point
    does anyone have any screen shots?
    H
    Well maybe you know me a wee bit better. In that case you'll have to trust me when I say that Creeps is a valuable resource. He's not a poster but a lurker instead and he's the guy behind throttleback.net. I've flown with him for years and consider him a friend and dedicated hobbyist. So you can happily drop this conspiracy.

And if that's not enough. Personally I don't understand that he payed so much for that plane but at the same time I totally agree with him when he says that this totally depends on how much you want a product. I'm sure he's going to make me green with jealousy the next time I fly the updated A2A bubble with him in a B or C (I love the older mustangs much more than the D. ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrin View Post
    Well maybe you know me a wee bit better. In that case you'll have to trust me when I say that Creeps is a valuable resource. He's not a poster but a lurker instead and he's the guy behind throttleback.net. I've flown with him for years and consider him a friend and dedicated hobbyist. So you can happily drop this conspiracy.

And if that's not enough. Personally I don't understand that he payed so much for that plane but at the same time I totally agree with him when he says that this totally depends on how much you want a product. I'm sure he's going to make me green with jealousy the next time I fly the updated A2A bubble with him in a B or C (I love the older mustangs much more than the D. ).
    Thanks!
    I love the earlier models also
    and creeps ya need to post more
    and quit lurking
    LOL
    H

My two cents.As far as it being worth $75,probably not for the casual simmer.If on the other hand you like very subtle differences amongst several models then just maybe it's worth the $$.I hope in the future they split the package up as this will most likely be in everyones best interest.It's a great all around product.I am a bit disappointed in the gauges.I would have liked to see more 3D.The sounds on the other hand are superb.To me the sound is just as important as the modeling and texturing.I've seen some incredibly detailed aircraft ruined by lame soundsets.No screenshots yet as I've only had time for one short flight and sadly I'm now deceased.The thing is a handful at full realism settings.Also I had no problem finding info about the product.

Michael

Okei, I baught it, and my first impression is very good . The flight dynamics feels spot on ( I have some PPL-experience and backseat-ride in Harvard), and the VC is on par with A2A WW2 Mustang. Much of the same quality and feeligs like the fabulous Classic Hangar FW-190, and this warbird is going to be my first choice for a long time. I`m so far a happy customer and wish them success with this package!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ohatt/mus1.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ohatt/mus4.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ohatt/mus3.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ohatt/mus5.jpg
    Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by ErnstF View Post
    Okei, I baught it, and my first impression is very good . The flight dynamics feels spot on ( I have some PPL-experience and backseat-ride in Harvard), and the VC is on par with A2A WW2 Mustang. Much of the same quality and feeligs like the fabulous Classic Hangar FW-190, and this warbird is going to be my first choice for a long time. I`m so far a happy customer and wish them success with this package!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ohatt/mus1.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ohatt/mus4.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ohatt/mus3.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ohatt/mus5.jpg

Okay, since it comes from you i'll probably buy it IF they provide a paintkit .

Thanks Ernst

Quote Originally Posted by ErnstF View Post
    Thanks for the screenshots! It looks absolutely gorgeous!! Please post more if you get a chance.

But I still ain't buying it at that price
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

On Another Planet
    You guys keep saying that the VC is close in quality to the A2A Mustang, but remember how old the A2A VC is... just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Slug Flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezabrya View Post
    You guys keep saying that the VC is close in quality to the A2A Mustang, but remember how old the A2A VC is... just saying.
    So, the product is almost as good as a...three-year-old?...release that cost less than half as much?

Just saying.

Honestly I love it when people make the statement about how "the flight dynamics feel spot on". FSX can not simulate the feel of a real plane, bottom line it is impossible. Gravity and other forces both physical and biological that occur when you fly are not present at your desk. What it can do is simulate systems, such as over heating or failures or knowing when the plane is being pushed beyond its numbers. A2A moves towards that realism with accusim, I no longer want a pretty plane to fly, i want a plane that simulates what it is to manage its real life counterpart. So all the buttons are clickable, are they all functional, is there engine management? If you want to put out a product at such a high price over your competitors that have established reps, then you had better be able to back it up, and you had best be willing to except this kind of heat.

The VC is really good IMO Scratch. And in some ways, the "feel" of the plane I like better than the other Mustang. Warbirdsim is supposed to make available "soon" the complete Merlin sound set. I wonder how soon.
    Chad (PAAQ)

The VC is really good IMO Scratch. And in some ways, the "feel" of the plane I like better than the other Mustang. Warbirdsim is supposed to make available "soon" the complete Merlin sound set. I wonder how soon.
    I wonder if this will be at an added cost!?!

Sorry I could'nt help it.

Ben

It looks to be top of the line, ain't no doubt about that:ernae:
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

As promised some screenshots.
    Again i must add that i enjoy flying this plane!
    First shot shows the Mustang as it appears in the preview window of FSX... This is due to the protection system, there is a way to see the bird in full but you must click here and there everytime you select a Mustang... For that reason this protection system does not feel right to me... Why as an honest buyer do i have to be penalized in such a way? Some might say it's no big deal but if it goes on like this next time i'll want to fly i'll have to call someone to book some flying hours?:isadizzy:
    Anyway... to the screenshots now:

Slug Flyer
    $75 and the Tuskegee paint doesn't have an African-American pilot?

Just saying.

Members who have read this thread: 4