Landing light will not stay on

Thread: Landing light will not stay on

Landing light will not stay on

This is something I just noticed recently. When I select the Landing Light, it momentarily flashes on, but immediately goes back off again.

Even if I select "L" for all lights, the same thing happens.

If I pull up the switches display, (take for example a Beechcraft Twin), the switch does show off. If I try to select it to ON, it moves there, and then toggles off.

Anyway to fix this?

It may be the source of other switch problems I am having.

NC

Some landing lights only switch on when the gear is lowered but does this happen with all aircraft?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Will check more, but this is the second one I have tried.

NC

harleyman
    Never had that problem..Its as if something else is crossed with that command or something.....

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    It does sound like something is over-riding your system. Doors will do this when they are having a racing gauge, (running commands over and over, causing confusion.. sounds like a joke, but it happens).

Also, if you have too many lights on a plane, then some will blink and turn back off.

If you have Lewis Lights 'on top' of regular landing lights, this could be the culprit. Dual light installations.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

maybe if I delete my fsx.cfg file, and regenerate?

NC

NC, I agree with Lionhearth, usually this happens when you have some add-on changing the lights, like GEX and run it before install Lewis Lights.In his case rebuilt the FSX.cfg doesn't help, it's better reinstall the Shockwave Lights if you have.

I'm not talking from experience here, but wasn't there a question about Shockwave lights before? Unless it was full night, lights would not stay on? Wasn't there a setting somewhere where you can check that the lights work all the time, otherwise they shut off during the day to keep the beam textures from showing up (and looking awkward) during the daytime.

That said, I don't have the Shockwave lights, but I seem to remember a conversation about this not horribly long ago.

Brian

Members who have read this thread: 1