what kind of automatic rifles do you have? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: what kind of automatic rifles do you have?

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ridge that somehow looks a little unfair even for a prarie dog
    i could change your user name to Rambo
    H

Hey, prarie dogs had just as much time to develop shoulder-launched, rocket-propelled explosives as humans did...
    Sabertooth X58 | i7 950 Quad @ 3.07Ghz | 8Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 | 2x GeForce GTS450 1Gb SLI
    Antec 650W PSU | Western Digital 1Tb SATA | Lian Li PC7B Pro II | Windows 7 Pro 64bit

well you can't really miss the little critters with an RPG can you, even if they don't get obliterated the concussive force'll do the trick! actuall it'd kill and partially cook at the same time.... great thinking Ridge!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    or in my case huns head/Q targets on the range, and pigeons and rabbits with the air rifle, rabbits are tricky critters to bag... slightest thing out of place spooks them, why i love my Ghillie suit, sit up a tree above their runs in a field, only problem then is you'll probably wake up a kestrel and boy it'll have an appetite and scare your targets off
    A Ghillie Suit!
    For Rabbits??????
    You have got to be joking!!

I learnt to shoot rabbits with .22 Browing single shot bolt action 'gallery rifle', and 5 rounds allowed, no rabbits collected and all rounds expended earned me a thick ear!
    We did use a 'Wookie Suit' in Bosnia ....... but that was different.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

not just for rabits, i like to cast no human silhouette, which they can easilly attribute, used to have a CO2 air pistol, lie under the ghille downwind so they don't sense me weapon forwards get one inside 20ft night night bunny! at the moment my ghillie sees more use at airsoft than anywhere else, no1 likes tripping on a pile of leaf litter with myself and an airsoft P228 amongst it

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    Looking at the above, I'm sure someone can tell me:
    1. What's the difference between a semi-automatic and an automatic?
    2. How hard is it to convert a semi to automatic?
    3. WTF would a civilian do with a fully automatic weapon???

Well actually, mine are semi's. You can convert an M1 Carbine to full automatic (the M2 was an automatic version of the same rifle), but to do that to me would be like chopping up Magna Carta and using it for 3m sticky notes.

Obviously, your mileage may differ.

As for why you need an automatic?....well, why do you need a car that does more than 75 mph??
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Never wanted to kill anything that didn't want to kill me and the urge to want guns left me when I was about 12. Still we're all God's creatures I suppose.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    not just for rabits, i like to cast no human silhouette, which they can easilly attribute, used to have a CO2 air pistol, lie under the ghille downwind so they don't sense me weapon forwards get one inside 20ft night night bunny! at the moment my ghillie sees more use at airsoft than anywhere else, no1 likes tripping on a pile of leaf litter with myself and an airsoft P228 amongst it
    Oh dear, oh dear.
    Good God man what has your life been like to want this?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

It is documented that Yamamoto had advised against an invasion of the mainland United States, due to their being "a rifle behind every blade of grass". He knew this from his time spent studying at Harvard. Their was gun registration in nazi germany, and of course guess what people were banned from owning guns... I think we all remember what happened next. Not trying to spark political debate, just a friendly reminder...for every joan of arc, there is a hitler on the other end of the teeter-totter.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Oh dear, oh dear.
    Good God man what has your life been like to want this?
    summarised:
    "a complete P*$$ take so far"

basically was born in Greece, nice and hot, then family thought it would be better for me in england, grey and rainy as we know, bad news i found a liking for weaponry while i was in the Air Training Corps (Spaceys ), found i could get 5 shots with a 22 inside the size of a 2p coin first time out shooting... things progressed a bit, fired my first L96 when i was 14 over 250 yards, hit the target second and third shots (first shot to check the scope) and the rest as they say is history...

smoores
    are grenades illegal yet?

Quote Originally Posted by smoores View Post
    are grenades illegal yet?
    Just slightly illegal

Destructive Device. In addition to paying for it, you got to pay $200 each to the BATFE!
    Sabertooth X58 | i7 950 Quad @ 3.07Ghz | 8Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 | 2x GeForce GTS450 1Gb SLI
    Antec 650W PSU | Western Digital 1Tb SATA | Lian Li PC7B Pro II | Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaSea View Post
    ...As for why you need an automatic?....well, why do you need a car that does more than 75 mph??
    True...True...

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjerkyls View Post
    It is documented that Yamamoto had advised against an invasion of the mainland United States, due to their being "a rifle behind every blade of grass". He knew this from his time spent studying at Harvard. Their was gun registration in nazi germany, and of course guess what people were banned from owning guns... I think we all remember what happened next. Not trying to spark political debate, just a friendly reminder...for every joan of arc, there is a hitler on the other end of the teeter-totter.
    and it was documented that the US didnt want to invade japan because everyone would fight to the last, guns or no guns and cause massive casulitles ....
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

PhilRamone
    threads like these make me glad i no longer live in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilRamone View Post
    threads like these make me glad i no longer live in the U.S.
    I have to agree. Sooner or later, you always get the "why do you need that for, civvies don't neeeeeed those, they are eeeevil!" types to ruin the party.

Okay, so pop quiz. You prefer/are not allowed to have firearms.

Someone breaks into your home. What are you going to shoot them with!?

Charter Member 2011
    simple .. nothing ... you wouldnt have a gun to do it with jee ridge i thought you where clever
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

PhilRamone
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
    Okay, so pop quiz. You prefer/are not allowed to have firearms.

Someone breaks into your home. What are you going to shoot them with!?

are you being serious?

what would you do? with the arsenal youre showing off they'd have you at gun point with your own gun in no time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uApZuZ6RPy4

My arsenal consists of 1 rifle, 1 shotgun, 1 pistol and one .22lr range toy

I keep the handgun loaded somewhere close to me but not somewhere they can get to without waking me. The long guns are in a case, unloaded near my bed. The .22 is in a locked hard case under my bed.

PhilRamone
    well with the way the world is seeing America at this time, i dont blame the paranoia

Guys, to each his own. We are fortunate in most of the US to have the right to bear arms or not. I have friends in the UK and Australia who wish they had that right, but unfortunately not. I have friends here in the States who wouldn't touch a gun with a 10 foot pole, even thought they have the right to do so. Unfortunately, we also have a lot of disturbed people here who also have that right and many who have had that right revoked who are armed, which is why I choose to bear arms. I'd much rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it.

Peace :USA-flag:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA 790i Ultra | Q9450 @ 3.2GHz | PNY XLR8 OC 9800GTX 512Mb | 4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | 2x WD 150Gb Raptor X RAID 1 (OS) | WD 300Gb VelociRaptor (FSX) | WD 640Gb Caviar (Data) | WD 500 & 160Gb External HD's | ASUS 20X DVD | Coolmax 1200W PSU | ASUS Silent Knight II HSF | Antec 900 case | Samsung 2443BWX | XP Pro SP3

I'd much rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it.
    :ernae:

The freedom to choose for yourself, which side of that statement will apply to you ..

:USA-flag:

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    True...True...

LOL!!

My point exactly....note the threatening posture of the bunny....
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."