Max or Gmax; Who is using what; Poll

View Poll Results: What 3D Engine Do You Use?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gmax

36 55.38%
  • Max

27 41.54%
  • Other

19 29.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Max or Gmax; Who is using what; Poll

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Max or Gmax; Who is using what; Poll

Hey all,

I am just curious. Who is using what to make planes and scenery with?

Max, or Gmax, or 'other'.

<---- Gmax user

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Duh, voted for GMax although I wanted to pick Max. xP

Max for sure!

gMax has to many knits & limitations.
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

hobofat
    Does no good for FSX development, but I really like using Blender. Once you get the keyboard commands down it flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Max for sure!

gMax has to many knits & limitations.
    3dsMAX has it's limitations too. About four thousand limitations (in dollars )

I voted Gmax and other, because I use XSI to make models, and Gmax to export.

Max all the way. I tried Gmax and the program is just too limited. Since I won 3DS Max on a professional level (I do a lot of freelancing) the cost is not that much for me.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Max all the way. Being just freeware, and having a sister in the education profession, with creds, Max was had for ALOT less than 4 g's. And I got the older version 7. I like Max over Gmax for ease and added features for texturing, and cool shapes, like cambered cans, boxes, capsules, etc. And one day I would like to build for other sims that can't use Gmax.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    Max all the way. Being just freeware, and having a sister in the education profession, with creds, Max was had for ALOT less than 4 g's. And I got the older version 7. I like Max over Gmax for ease and added features for texturing, and cool shapes, like cambered cans, boxes, capsules, etc. And one day I would like to build for other sims that can't use Gmax.
    Being a college student is helpful when purchasing software...the day I got my ID card in the mail, I went to the campus bookstore and got Photoshop CS4 for like $150.

Quote Originally Posted by djscoo View Post
    Being a college student is helpful when purchasing software...the day I got my ID card in the mail, I went to the campus bookstore and got Photoshop CS4 for like $150.
    Yep, it definately helps. Got Max 9 via my university (via good connections to the design department) as well as Pro Engineer and MATLAB and could try out some more CAD tools if I wanted to.

hobofat
    I need to take advantage of my last year as a grad student, get some Adobe products, possibly Max 9. Though the latest Max versions are subscription only...

My "other" vote is for both. I'm still more comfortable in GMAX, but I've been forcing myself over to the dark side.

Jim

Wings 3D for the structures, then export to the Gmax via .3ds to apply materials and do animations. Works OK for me

About time this poll was killed, it's more than four years old.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7