FSX Cera Bell412
Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: FSX Cera Bell412

gajit

FSX Cera Bell412

Hi all

I missed you guys.

Just downloading this from simmarket - looks promising. I'll let you know if it is!!

http://www.cerasimaircraft.com/bell_412_fsx.html

gajit
    Quick report - wow wow wow and double wow. Its a mix of Dodo sim and nemeth - the realair Duke of helicopters is the best comparison - fully functional VC with twin engine start ups.

Sorry - got to get back to cockpit.

Even got animation panel that allows doors to be part way open and closed.

I bought it & put it on my flash drive...

Cant wait to get home!!
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

gajit
    Im sorry to report just one really bugging thing - its scale is wrong. It is the same lenght as a 206

EDIT - actually it might be the 206 that is too big - im trying to post some screenshots but cant.

Yes - forget all that - its the default 206 that is not scaled properly - the 412 is big next to some of the nemeth helicopers.

gajit
    More good news - theres a repaint kit

Im having a great conversation with myself here LOL

Holy crap!! Those screenshots on their site look amazing! How is it flight dynamics wise, and how is the sound? When I lived in Virginia one of the nearby medical centers had a 412, I swear I could hear it for what seemed like 5 minutes before it ever flew over our apartment when it was enroute to the hospital. I think I'm gonna have to get this one.

Darrell

lol at first I was like "Hey they Stole Jordan Moore's version"

Then I looked at the VC....nice 3d bordered gauges and all, beautiful...

How are the fps and yes, what about the FDE?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

gajit
    Hi

In RL i have only flown a 222 and an A109 to compare. Flying with full realism its a bit "twitchy" for a heli of its size but its manageable. It needs a bit more stability.

Frame rates are excellent even on my steam driven PC. Yes - those guages are as good as RealAirs and some of Dans more recent work when he was with Alphasim

It`s a great helicopter - fun to fly and great looking Love it !!!!!!!

I have 13 real hands-on hours in a 412 (which obviously doesn't make me an expert), and lots more just sitting inside, and that was 10 years ago, but it's pretty much as I remember. I wish the autopilot worked, and I don't really like the fake TCAS screen, but flight-wise it seems to be weighted much like the real aircraft.

One thing I do remember is how extremely sensitive the controls were when a cruise speeds, and how absolutely gigantic the stick movements seemed to be when trying to hover or fly sideways or backwards at very low speeds. This doesn't quite do that, which I'm guessing is an FSX thing. However, I really like it, especially the attention to detail on the main panel.

Would also like to have had the Ctrl-E option for starting, as I unfortunately don't have that much time to fly....

Overall, however, great job!

Mike

gajit
    Your right Mike - that start up every time becomes boring not challenging. It would be good to have the choice. Also I would expect to fly on trim on a large heli - the work loads are so much less that in something small/cheap!!

But then it is Flight Sim so cant expect everything.

lookin pretty good
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

gajit
    Sure is - and its great fun creating a single engine out scenario by pulling one of the fire handles!

So you can't start this thing with Ctrl+E?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

can we get some non promo shots please up close and a far

gajit
    Hi Jeansy - the forum is stopping me from uploading screenshots so I cant help at the moment.

The VC works so well. I have been flying ILS approaches with all sorts of failures set up and the guagues work as expected and so smooth and clear. Nice to fly a product that has obviously been tested properly!!

2010 Grabber Blue GT
    Cannot upload any images, but if you go to my Webshots Album, I have a number of screenies of the Cera Bell 412. I was a bit hesitant getting it, but did and I am Amazed......

Make sure you click the magnifier glass to see the full 1920x1200 size.
    Here is the link: http://entertainment.webshots.com/al...Bzbks?start=36
    Old Crow

In Memory Still

gajit
    Im also impressed with the way you can select to remove the cabin seats to make it a cargo version.

Has anyone been able to get the a dome light in the VC to work yet? I can only get the instrument lights so its OK to fly but you have to grope around to find switches!!

Good shots Old Crow

I hope you get it Jeansy as your repaint skills will be so apprechiated on this one.

I have a question for anyone who is willing to answer.
    I just purchased this tonight and it seems the server is down for the download link provoded at simmarket. I got a partial download, it stopped, then....nodda!
    I see some of you have not had this problem.
    Just asking.
    Chad (PAAQ)

2010 Grabber Blue GT
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    So you can't start this thing with Ctrl+E?
    Ctrl+E did not work for me, but I found that sitting on the tarmac and hitting Y "Slew", then elevating the 412 to a thousand feet or so using the Q, then hit Y again and I am flying with all systems operating properly. This works with a lot of aircraft, but not all.
    Hope it works for you.
    Old Crow

In Memory Still

2010 Grabber Blue GT
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdawg View Post
    I have a question for anyone who is willing to answer.
    I just purchased this tonight and it seems the server is down for the download link provoded at simmarket. I got a partial download, it stopped, then....nodda!
    I see some of you have not had this problem.
    Just asking.
    lawdawg, Try logging off SimMarket.....clear your browsing history and cookies, then log back in to your account and see if you can download from the link under "My Orders". I just tried it and it worked for me.

Good Luck.
    Old Crow

In Memory Still

OK Old Crow....thank you.
    I will try that.
    Chad (PAAQ)

That worked.
    Thank you Old Crow.
    Chad (PAAQ)

I think I have to get this Bell

it is a bit against my plans since the realflight hellcat and razbam dagger are also nice but I am a bit more into helos so decison pro Bell412

BR
    Tom

2010 Grabber Blue GT
    Glad it worked lawdawg.
    Now enjoy a beautiful bird. :ernae:
    Old Crow

In Memory Still