Piglet's Zlin Z-50L up and ready - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Piglet's Zlin Z-50L up and ready

Whoa! I go to work, I come home and what do I see - paintkit and a Red Bull paint. Wonderful!
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

Right, a few deca-minutes of "Wheeeeeeee" later...

In a word, Tim, "Gorgeous".

Knife edge, roll, flick roll, hesitation rolls and loops, inside-, outside-, flat and cubans - all possible. And very crisply I might add.

If I may be so bold as to make a couple of critiques though...

Lomcevaks need refining. The basic Lom is to fall off a vertical climb, wait for the nose to hit the horizon and then full power and rudder with the torque. It's a plane wrecker, but can look awf'y impressive. I think there is room for improvement in the FDE here.

Stalls. Full stall is very interesting. The Zlin simply keeps its nose above the horizon and sinks - too slowly. What was interesting was that when applying full throttle from the stall, you can keep attitude and climb away quite nicely.

Spins. Basically linked to stall and therefore they are a bit wobbly, so the FDE is a bit wanting here too.

Slips - WONDERFUL!

All in all no complaints whatsoever. I really enjoyed that. OK, a few critiques from someone who probably wouldn't really know a Lomcevak from a flick rol so no worries there.

And maybe a bit more braking effect - as you can see, I had to go around because the trees got rather uncomfortable. Hmmm, maybe I should approach slower?

Many many thanks Tim!

Note how well she holds altitude in the two knife edge screenies...
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

WOAW! I`m doing impossible aerobatic manouvres, just like Jurgis Kairy was doing in his Sukhoi 31 when he was visiting Norway last summer . Yhank You very much Tim, brilliant work. :ernae:
    Ernie

Without wishing to sound insulting, I usually don't stock up on too much freeware - my hangar is mostly payware.

But this, THIS is something else. Tim, you are one talented guy.

Every once in a while, somthing really great pops up and lifts the bar just a little further.
    Thank you for giving your work freely - 'tis much appreciated:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by ErnstF View Post
    WOAW! I`m doing impossible aerobatic manouvres, just like Jurgis Kairy was doing in his Sukhoi 31 when he was visiting Norway last summer . Yhank You very much Tim, brilliant work. :ernae:
    Hell Yeah! This thing is a blast to fly!
    "Soon to be Expat"

Really great work!!
    Thank you so much for this wonderful aircraft.
    Michael

amaising aircraft I just love it and it does make the default extra feel like crap after flying this for a while

I just wish to agree with what everyone else is saying

This is a great little aircraft and the price can't be beat! Thank you Piglet !

Darrell

One of those aircraft that you will never land ........ fly, fly, fly, turns, spins, loops .... can`t stop (oops - tank is empty) - stop themself ;-)

During the pit-stop i play a little with the paint-kit and piglets originals - love the ppp and modify it a bit .... thanks again Tim - fantastic

yago9
    After touch down turn off the engine and tap the brakes..it will stop in reasonable distance.

EgoR64
    :ernae: Wow :ernae: Fantastic Yago9 !

It's a real beauty and flies GREAT! Has anyone else had a problem with the tachometer? Mine is stuck at 2,700rpm and never moves no matter what throttle setting I use. The airspeed drops and the manifold pressure drops but the tach stays at 2,700 rpm. I am using Sp1. I even tried other tachs and all did not work. Any help sure would be appreciated. I wrote to Tim but have not heard from him yet. Regards, Bob.

bob1009vf101
    Bob, constant speed propeller systems will do that in flight while in governing range LOL. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constant_speed_propeller

Hi Bob. Thanks. I appreciate the help. This is the first plane that I have ever noticed that. I reset to ground with the engine at idle and see that it works OK. It had me stumped in flight. Best regards, Bob.

yago9
    Ok...I,ve uploaded this old Zlin-50 LA for those who want to try my messy texture.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Thanks a lot for this one Tim. The flight model is the best aerobatic one I've seen yet. It can actually do things you see at the airshows. Very cool!
    Tim, this is also true for me, This stunt plane makes low and slow completely different. Treetop flying has become really a simulation far beyond FS9 IMVVHO. :ernae: I used to consider tail slides in the default Accel Hornet the best aerobatic moment in FSX but NOW ------------BARREL ROLLS ARE SMOOTH, LOOPS, HAMMERHEADS.......all so very much better.

I like the VC very much FOR FLIGHTSEEING, LOL, LOL. I'm lowering the brakes a little to prevent nosing over on the runway. Works in DX10. This is a much needed aircraft simulation. Thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by yago9 View Post
    Ok...I,ve uploaded this old Zlin-50 LA for those who want to try my messy texture.
    Ah......where, please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Jiggers ... sweech .... crank ... as the Virtual airframe go's through its paces ... not sure my modo'd attacked machine could handle this after it gets home from PC hospital .... oh what the hell !
    Your a Wizard Tim !

yago9
    Quote Originally Posted by wilycoyote4 View Post
    Ah......where, please.
    At the usual place.The library gets updated once a day or maybe two days. It should be available tomorrow I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by pointy31 View Post
    We gonna hafta go sit in Chilis one day and shove some groceries down our necks...and drink some margeritas...:ernae:

Sounds good to me! Flyin there now
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

3/7charlie
    A big Bravo Zulu, Tim. Well done in deed! Finally, an aerobatic 'plane that will lomceveck!
    Thank you, sir!
    3/7charlie

Just did a double hammerhead... NEVER had a plane in FS do that before. This is likely going to make the film!

Quote Originally Posted by yago9 View Post
    Wow. Incredible paint. Incredible aircraft (thanks Piglet)

Unfortunately I'm on business travel until the end of the month, and won't be able to fly her until then. Could someone post a VC shot please?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Could someone post a VC shot please?
    Here you go!

Members who have read this thread: 3