Skyknight

Thread: Skyknight

Skyknight

Itosan has released a F3D Skyknight. You can find it at Flightsim.

I've down loaded this - very nice cockpit and VC, the model flies quite well and looks good. Only trouble is I can't get the gear or flaps to work and some of the gauges don't work either. It looks for all the world like a major power failure. Anybody else got this? All other a/c work fine.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Dave

I just test flew the F3D and everything was working OK.

I suspect you might be right about a power failure. It might be that whatever you were doing before you loaded this aircraft may have inadvertantly deactivated a necessary system.

I had an aircraft a while back that had an electrical failure after five or ten minutes of flight everytime I tried flying it. Turned out the flight I was loading it in was loading it with the generators turned off. I didn't know it because there were no gen switches on the panel.

I've added lines to the aircraft.cfg file for electrical systems and now all is well. For anyone else with the same problem these are:-

[electrical]
    max_battery_voltage = 24
    generator_alternator_voltage = 28
    max_generator_alternator_amps = 60
    engine_generator_map = 1
    electric_always_available = 1

A nice aeroplane - one of my first plastic kits in all blue way back in around 1957.

Very many thanks Itosan

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Members who have read this thread: 0