Connecting to Multiplayer in Vista

Thread: Connecting to Multiplayer in Vista

mgriffith01

Connecting to Multiplayer in Vista

Sorry for being a newb. I've DL'd ETO 1.2 and would like to join multiplayer games. Everytime I try to create an account it says I can't.. make sure you're connected to the internet. can someone walk me through? I've already tried forwarding ports in my linksys router. Thanks for any help...

Me...

Vista Business SVC pack 2
    CFS3 ETO 1.2

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgriffith01 View Post
    Sorry for being a newb. I've DL'd ETO 1.2 and would like to join multiplayer games. Everytime I try to create an account it says I can't.. make sure you're connected to the internet. can someone walk me through? I've already tried forwarding ports in my linksys router. Thanks for any help...

Me...

Vista Business SVC pack 2
    CFS3 ETO 1.2
    Mgriffith01, hello and welcome.

I hate to tell you this, but the MS GameMatch server has been closed since the fall of 2007. Even if it was still around, it would only handle stock CFS3, not any of the add-on stand-alone games, like ETO PTO, MAW, etc.

If you wish to host games, you do have to open your router ports (port forwarding).

However, until a few months ago, the biggest problem was the Vista-CFS3 bug. You couldn't play CFS3 online with Vista, neither as a host or a guest. Period. Or so it seemed. Now it's possible.

Please read Post #1 in this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ead.php?t=9007

In Vista, in order to play in all five Eras, either online or offline, you also have to turn off your User Accounts (UAC).

After you have done the things above, you may freely host or join any game that has been posted in the "Post ETO Games in Here" sticky thread above. Note: You can't join to ETO with stock CFS3, and vice versa. It's only ETO-to-ETO, CFS3-to-CFS3, PTO-to_PTO, etc.

If you need any further assistance or have more questions, please feel free to post here.

I hope this helps.:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw