a little help please?

Thread: a little help please?

a little help please?

ive managed to do something AGAIN

ive lost ATC voices BUT all other sounds are fine, i have atc turned to max volume on the sliders in sounds but i still have no voice, i get the text line but thats about it

is there a file that is a cfg for atc voices and atc sounds and or is there a line in the fsx.cfg that i can check

is there anything else i can check

yago9
    You lost ALL the sounds in FSX ? Engines ? If yes check and see if you have any sound in windows. It happend to me and I had a short in my speakers wires . A bad start could fail to load the sound drivers. Problem persists after restart ? Check volume settings..it can happend..lol

sorry my fault, i failed to mention i hear everything else fine, engines, rain etc

its just atc

gajit
    Is your radio turned on???

yep radios are on, everything works but the voice sounds

ok found the problem, something i thought wouldnt be such a big problem

both your playback and recording sources have to be the default, the problem on my end was i had my recording set to another mic other than default, even though i only use the usb mic, its not registered as my default recording source hence the playback conflict within fsx, it has me beat why the mic plays a vital role in playing atc voice when i dont even have vox software installed or any other atc 3rd party atc software
    any ideas?

jeansy, its so that you can have the main sounds play through your sound card and ATC play through USB headphones.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56