The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 927

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Another potential semi-finalist - The original Mraz M-2 SKaut ?

(I'm a Belgium fan too, Mike, but you can't deny the Italians were much better....)

Yes, that's the machine, Mike, although your prompt response has deprived me of the chance to say, by way of a clue, that this was a one-off whose design was revisited, modernised and flew again over sixty years later.

The cat chose, as a mystery, the M.2, rather than its successor, because he felt that the latter had unwanted canine associations. Who, if in the least bit serious, would name an aeroplane the Bonzo!

Anyhow, enough of this idle chatter. Let's see what Alba's finest has to offer in order to drive us to distraction!

'Alba' ? Don't get me started, Mike. The Gaelic mafia, ably supported by the SNP, have foisted the language onto us so that our constabulary have become the POLEAS, and railway stations have made-up Gaelic names - this in areas where the language has never been spoken. Imagine if the same thing happened with Breton.....

I am struggling to find any mysteries that are new, but this chunky twin might not have appeared in this variant -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tttttwwwww5.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    ' Imagine if the same thing happened with Breton.....
    Nah, mate, it's all Occitan and Basque rarnd 'ere!

Lefty's mystery is the A/S version of the Ikarus 214 ....

It is indeed the Ikarus 214 AM2. Over to you..

Thanks ..... Here's a sporty little number ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heath_Parasol.jpg  

It looks like a Heath Parasol.

The Heath Parasol it is - over to you

Thank you, Jim. Here's something of a more recent vintage.

....... You need to "be prepared" to answer this .....

Boy, how right you are!

I know recycling is all the rage these days, but...........

Come now, gentlemen. You both know. Who'll nail their colours to the mast?

OK - it's the Kubicek M-2 Scout ....... If I'm right - Open House please

Well done . You are correct, Jim. But as to declaring open house, I can't help but echo the sentiment expressed by fabulousfour on 2 July. I wonder for how long it will be, this time, that this thread stands in abeyance? I shall be delighted if the answer proves to be - not long!

Well I, for one, don't like to post an answer unless I have a new one lined up - it's just leaving someone else to do all the hard work ! But I was somewhat bemused by virtually the same aircraft being posted twice in as many days.

Like everyone else, I'm finding it difficult to find something which will last more than a few minutes here...

Wife got new computer so I back on. Here's one should last awhile I just found.
    Not in Aerofiles.

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WOTJuly5.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    Yes Keith, but whichever, I'll blame it on the heat.

Eagerly awaiting more updates from PH.
    It is a Fairchild 22 C7A and it is said to have a 95hp 4 Cylinder Cirrus engine. However I've seen a photograph of it with the engine cowlings removed which shows the manufactuer's plate on the engine bearing the legend 'Gipsy Major Series 1' built by General Motors - Holden Port, Melbourne, Australia, which presumably makes it a Gipsy Trainer engine. So quite a mix - an American aeroplane with the Australian version of a British engine located in France!

I'm sure you eagle eyed gentleman saw the aircraft is Italian.

Chris

I think that Italian biplane is the CNA Teta.

Robert that's it over to you

Chris

On with another biplane.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7406B114-D1C0-408C-9A5F-830BE2268622.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by pomme homme View Post
    It is a Fairchild 22 C7A and it is said to have a 95hp 4 Cylinder Cirrus engine. However I've seen a photograph of it with the engine cowlings removed which shows the manufactuer's plate on the engine bearing the legend 'Gipsy Major Series 1' built by General Motors - Holden Port, Melbourne, Australia, which presumably makes it a Gipsy Trainer engine. So quite a mix - an American aeroplane with the Australian version of a British engine located in France!
    Thanks! It certainly is a mash-up and the history could be interesting.
    I wonder if the covering is French linen?

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 90