The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 415

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Quote Originally Posted by pomme homme View Post

By way of an inaugural offering, maybe the following will be of interest. I hope that it hasn't been used before.

This little runabout has made an appearance before (sans the frontal view) by yours truly that Lefty identified at the time.

No worries, maybe one of the others can have a go at it.

Arezzo (Italy) one of the beautiful tuscan hilltowns
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    This little runabout has made an appearance before (sans the frontal view) by yours truly that Lefty identified at the time.

No worries, maybe one of the others can have a go at it.
    Yes it has therefore my identification would be meaningless.....but for sure somebody else would like to have a go....
    BG

It would seem that other than those in the know, there's no-one else taking a stab at this one. So might it be easier just to pass on it and call open house?

It would seem that other than those in the know, there's no-one else taking a stab at this one. So might it be easier just to pass on it and call open house?
    Sorry pomme, not the foggiest idea mate. Gut feeling says maybe European, but that's as far as I've got.

Okay, let's do this-

With Green at the end of his rope and most of us knowing the little bug already, Pomme homme, please post a new mystery for us.

The repeat is the Weymann CTW-130 and was a good selection had it not showed up back in August.

I think this is a fair solution.

SOH-CM-2023
    Yes I concur, I had no inkling at as to where to look & had not remembered it from being put up before!
    Keith

Very well, but I'm afraid that it won't be until this evening. And I'll have to crave forgiveness in advance if it proves to be something obscure which was designed in France, built in North Africa and comprised of British bits!

something obscure which was designed in France, built in North Africa and comprised of British bits!
    Can't wait !

SOH-CM-2023
    Harking back to Charles Weymann, I wondered why it sounded familiar, now I know it was the same person who built car bodies in the 20's & 30's, & the company produced bodies for busses in Addlestone, near to Vickers Armstrongs where I used to work!!!! I thought at the time it was named such because of the River Wey, that passes through Brooklands.....
    Looking forward to the next from Mr 'Appleman'
    Keith

Holding my breath..........

Well, I hope that you haven't had this one before. And if I'm wrong, blame google! Using it, I searched against a list of possibilities, employing the name of the aircraft and Sim-Outhouse as my search criteria, and found myself setting aside a significant number of aircraft, that I'd earmarked as possibilities, by virtue of positive search results! However this one didn't throw up a positive response, so fingers crossed.....

SOH-CM-2023
    First reaction:
    I didn't realise there were so many variations on a pou de ciel, but a quick google doesn't show this one, so possibly it has a tandem wing designation.
    Presumably pre WWII & French.
    Keith

P.S. Pomme Homme...which Sevres; Niortais or the other, Nantais - I'm 20 Km south of LFBN.

The answers to your questions, Dev One, are - yes, yes, yes and Nantaise. It's not a formule Mignet but an autoplan. And as to location, we're oop noth in the département, with the Sèvre Nantaise lapping against three sides of our home. LFJB is closest (unless you've an ULM and want to put down at Breuil-Barret).

SOH-CM-2023
    I had not previously heard of the 'autoplan' type of aircraft, but my searches so far for that particular aircraft has drawn a blank on google so far.....
    quite a lot of post WWII but not many Pre.
    Keith

Perhaps a little more assistance might assist in an identification.....

This little two seater had a 40 CV Salmson up front and could have been seen buzzing about the Cahors region in 1938. The two gentlemen responsible for it had quite a penchant for this formula and a number of their designs, both before and after the war, employed it - but not exclusively. In fact, there's one of their designs flying in France today!

White flag here. There are just too many of those pou-ish/tandem wing jobs from that time period. Mauboussin, Peyrit etc.

Whilst not this one, their other offerings are quite well covered on the web. Indeed, even aviafrance refers to two of their pre-war models. I suspect that there would have been many more autoplans and microplans but for the untimely death of the good doctor in the early fifties. However the continuing popularity of the concept meant that the most recent - I believe - was constructed only twelve years ago.

Think it's time to reveal, PH !

Arezzo (Italy) one of the beautiful tuscan hilltowns
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps a little more assistance might assist in an identification.....

This little two seater had a 40 CV Salmson up front and could have been seen buzzing about the Cahors region in 1938. The two gentlemen responsible for it had quite a penchant for this formula and a number of their designs, both before and after the war, employed it - but not exclusively. In fact, there's one of their designs flying in France today!
    ...not an early almost unknown product of Croses or Bujon-Croses ny any chance?.....
    BG

On y va....

No, neither a Croses or a Bujon-Croses, Baragouin. And yes, I agree, lefty. It is the Lacroix de Nazaris LN.4 Autoplan of 1938. And the design, at the end of the line, still flying today is the Lacroix LNB.12 F-PEZI (constructed as recently as 2002).

Open house, I assume - and a very happy Christmas to all.

SOH-CM-2023
    Interesting, I had spotted some of the Lacroix de Nazeris series, but did not find the LN4......

Merry Christmas to all.
    Keith

SOH-CM-2023
    Jumping in with:

Somebody must have loved it!
    Keith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ac47.jpg  

Ah, a nice piece of Belgiana - the SABCA -DP (Demonty-Poncelet). They don't make 'em like that any more....... O-BAFL 'Cyrano', methinks. 50cv Anzani.

SOH-CM-2023
    Well done Mike, thats the ugly duckling out of the way, now its your turn to possibly find a swan?
    Merry Christmas & a wee dram or two for you (no smiley for that unfortunately that I can find!) Will this do?
    Keith

Thank you, Keith, though I have just returned from a Christmas Eve supper in the pub, with appropriate refreshment, so..... cheers !

I happen to have the S.A.B.C.A. book so that beauty was very familiar.

Here is something less ugly, maybe even a bit bland, but we'll see who gets there first after ignoring all the red herrings in the photo.

Just popping in for a sec to say Merry Christmas to all. Busy Eve and Christmas tomorrow. Not much time for mystery planes, will catch up over the weekend.