Simming La Vida Loca

Thread: Simming La Vida Loca

Simming La Vida Loca

Here's a cost-cutting tip: how about downloading what is IMHO the best-looking, most interesting magazine available for FS -- free. I blogged and tweeted about this last week, but I thought I'd mention it here, too. If you haven't checked out http://www.simminglavidaloca.com yet, do so with all speed. I was knocked out by the quality of both the writing and the graphics. This guy definitely has some chops in the publishing department. I noticed he doesn't have many comments, which is a shame. We should definitely be rewarding this kind of dedication and skill. Go have a read and let Jarn feel the love! :ernae:

I just bookmarked it. Thanks for the H/U. It's a nice looking website with some great potential. The articles look like an interesting read, and when I get a chance later, I'll check them out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA 790i Ultra | Q9450 @ 3.2GHz | PNY XLR8 OC 9800GTX 512Mb | 4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | 2x WD 150Gb Raptor X RAID 1 (OS) | WD 300Gb VelociRaptor (FSX) | WD 640Gb Caviar (Data) | WD 500 & 160Gb External HD's | ASUS 20X DVD | Coolmax 1200W PSU | ASUS Silent Knight II HSF | Antec 900 case | Samsung 2443BWX | XP Pro SP3

BananaBob
    Yeah, Jarn sent me a nice email awhile back after I visited the site and saw a wallpaper with one of my paints, great guy and thanks for posting this.

Yeah, was a reader from the first day. Too bad he hasn't updated his blog/website for a while. It's a time ago he came up with a new edition of SLVL itself, too. But the three available issues are magnificent, indeed. Way better than IVAO's Virtual Sky, which is awfully boring IMO.
    Please let me know about spelling and grammatical errors in my English, thank you!
    Aeropedia.be photographer
    Flightlevel.be photographer, editor and forum administrator
    So drink to the Black Cat PBY,
    Damnedest old plane in all God's sky,
    BB-gun for'd and a slingshot aft,
    Hundred twenty knots when in a forced draft.

Sony DSLR-A350 + 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 + 55-200mm F4-5.6 + 70-400G F4-5.6 SSM (all lenses made by Sony). All in a Lowepro CompuTrekker AW backpack.
    My Flickr photostream.

Pretty neat thx for linkage
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Charter Member 09
    Once in a while Bill Womack throws me a bone to keep me quiet. The other day he directed me to Simming La Vida Dolce. WOW!
    This e-agazine out does all the Sim magazines out there, both PC Plot and Computer Pilot. It's hard to tell it's the work of one man, "Jarn". The art work and layout is nothing but the finest.
    His inteviews, like the Nemeth Brothers, are the sort of thing you would ask the talented guys yourself.
    Every issue is a work of art. Don't take my word for it, take a look for yourself. You'll thank me and Bill Womack. The best part it is free.
    http://fs-dev-support.com/jarn/magazine/
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Jarn is a really good guy too. :ernae:

cheers,
    steve

Indeed, Jarn is a great chap. He recently did the AS website.

I am also forever indebted to him for embracing the EZ like he did. :ernae:
    Forever lurking.

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Wow! Nice find...thx!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]