Oregon And Washington Scenery

Thread: Oregon And Washington Scenery

Oregon And Washington Scenery

Has anyone bought the Oregon and Washington Scenery for XPLANE? I was real close the other day, but wanted to get some opinions first.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Not here.. yet..

I want the Arizona Scenery. I have the Demo. I wish I could download the purchase instead of sending for a DVD.

On the Demo download, the scenery is very low resolution on Arizona. See if you can at least get the demo of that area so you know what its like. Its a bit like FS9. But.... It can be increased in resolution quite a bit. There are some high resolution cities out now that are comparable to FSX.

EDIT: When I say that you can increase the resolution, I mean that the scenery devs can make it more higher in resolution. They make the sceneries in certain resolutions. Some are higher resolution, some are lower. And it will tax your sim.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

If your talking about the "Real Scenery' scenery, they usually release a low res of the whole state and then seperate high res sceneries of the main cities that fit seamlessly into the larger low res sceneries. I'm planning to get the Arizona scenery myself, but I'll start out with the low res of the whole state, then grab the higher res of Phoenix and Tuscon to add on at a later date.

Yeah, so I am probably better off with the areas I have created myself.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I need to learn how to do that Gene. Looks like good fun.

I have a few select area's like southern Colorado that I would like to do.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Its easy, just get the plugin for it. Not sure if it will still work with the newer versions of Google though, might have to switch it to the virtual earth server.

Members who have read this thread: 0