Landing in a Blizzard

Thread: Landing in a Blizzard

Landing in a Blizzard

Here are some pics of me landing at KGTF (Great Falls, Mt) in a blizzard. I noticed it was snowing and blowing there today so I decided to take a flight and figure out the NAV/Auto Pilot on the Avanti.

Soon I will be set up to do some X-Country flights in real weather with Multiplayer. Has anyone figured out Multiplayer yet?

harleyman
    Nice snow X-Plane has too...WOW....

And lots of it........

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Dang!!!

You almost get whiteout with that setting.

Thanks for copy/pasting the weather settings.

:ernae:

Going to try this late tonight.....

:d

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Dang!!!

You almost get whiteout with that setting.

Thanks for copy/pasting the weather settings.

:ernae:

Going to try this late tonight.....

:d

Bill
    Actually that was to show the real weather download interval and different wind speeds. The screen shot was from when I took off and another storm front moved across the Airport while I was flying which change the weather into a blizzard with Ice on the runway. And yes it does take longer to stop your plane when the runway condition is Ice. It was a very interesting flight from Great Falls to Helena Montana.

I flew FSX with REX installed and real world weather shortly after. FSX was pathetic compared to X-Plane. I really wish someone would buy out the A-hole that owns X-Plane and develop it into a real game quickly. Us flight simmers are getting hosed with the amount of technology out there and the lame products on the market now. Using both FSX and X-Plane really opens one's eyes to the possibilities that exist.

harleyman
    I'm with you on that Major.....:woot:

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    It really needs an interface that is friendly. That is the one thing with FS that I liked was the setup side. In XP9, its very difficult.

For instance, clouds are in 2 sections, not one.

One heck of a platform though! Man... I love the scenery in XP9. Great to fly it without seeing stutters and jumps..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Blog Entries
    Great blizzard conditions while flying, but as soon as you stop and look around the countryside...it's still green...I hate that about X-Plane. In fact I think the default weather generator and default weather graphics at X-Plane are superior to MSFS-except for addons available for MSFS.

The other thing I hate about X-Plane is the payware aircraft that look decent (and now they have started charging more because of the new MSFS converts) but handle like they are attached to a literal string. I honestly cannot see how they got the mantle of being the most realistic flight experience in the sim industry.

However, it certainly is getting better and I can hardly wait to see some of our developers take a real interest. It amazes what kind of aircraft and scenery the X-Plane group is willing to settle for and call it great.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam