OV-10 Bronco Released.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OV-10 Bronco Released.

OV-10 Bronco Released.

Was just perusing the Marketplace & saw that the Bronco had been released at £24.24

Debating about getting it...

Keith.

Per Azurpoly on Facebook...

Release on third-party stores is planned for next week, we will communicate.
    So if you like Marketplace, go for it and give us impressions! You can get the pack to enable weapons off Azurpoly's website.

But sounds like third-party stores will follow pretty quickly if you don't mind a little more wait. I'm grabbing the Horton today and I'll get the Bronco when it releases elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    So if you like Marketplace, go for it and give us impressions! You can get the pack to enable weapons off Azurpoly's website. But sounds like third-party stores will follow pretty quickly if you don't mind a little more wait.
    Exactly my thinking. Although I really want the Bronco, I'm going to wait for the other resellers to get it-- it will make life easier in the longrun.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Exactly my thinking. Although I really want the Bronco, I'm going to wait for the other resellers to get it-- it will make life easier in the longrun.

Kent
    Same here. I really want that Bronco, but not from the MP. Nice to see devs giving people the choice.

I'll wait, but I am eager to see people's opinions about this.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Got it, it is a super nice model. Grew up around the OV-10's, love the type. Has some similarities to the old Aerosoft version but better in my opinion. It just benefits from newer development tech. The sounds are pretty good but not identical to the real bird. It would probably take a serious bit of recording of the real bird and sound-smithing to get it exactly right. Otherwise, it is a blast!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Definitely getting it but, like others, I'll wait for it to go on sale elsewhere. Going by this video AzurPoly have done a great job, as expected:

In Jonathans video from China Lake the quality of rendering and detail across all of the the cockpit looks very impressive I have to say. Love to see a CALFIRE 5-blade variant at some point.

Both Jon Beckett and real AV-10 Bronco pilot and beta tester Russ Barlow are 'massively impressed' :

( edited because i finally wanted to find out how to embed a video in my post like in Paul's post above instead of just the link. As you can see it took me an hour... )

Haven't got it yet but i certainly will. It has to be the very best turboprop model inside and out for me to tolerate the excruciating sound of a turboprop whine. This model seems to be just that !
    Last edited by Javis; April 14th, 2024 at 17:56.

If you're using the full WYSIWYG post editor, you'll find this button:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-15 095346.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	93955

Click that, then paste in the video's URL. You'll end up with a line in your post that wraps that address with [video] tags. When you submit the post, you'll get the embedded video. It's a lot easier that trying to use any embedding code from YT.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    If you're using the full WYSIWYG post editor, you'll find this button:

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-15 095346.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	93955

Click that, then paste in the video's URL. You'll end up with a line in your post that wraps that address with [video] tags. When you submit the post, you'll get the embedded video. It's a lot easier that trying to use any embedding code from YT.
    Hey Tom, thanks !

Yeah, was trying that all the time but never could get a video embedded that way. I 'dissected' Paul's post with the embedded video and found that it is linked from https://youtu.com/ while i normally get my tube stuff from https://youtu.be/ . I found different and more video link stuff at youtu.com than i normally have at youtu.be. I tried one such link at youtu.com i do not have at youtu.be a voila, presto et bingo finally an embedded video ! I am far from an internet expert (no clue what the difference is between .com and .be, Land, Continent ??...i'm in the Netherlands, or maybe has nothing to do with it...) i just try something every now and then, usually i get nada but sometimes i get lucky somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Oh yeah - heading there now...
    Cheers,
    Dave

Also available at Orbx. Just done a quick circuit at Edwards KEDW, and this is an instant favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Also available at Orbx. Just done a quick circuit at Edwards KEDW, and this is an instant favourite.
    Agreed - it's a really nice product with incredible detail! There's a lot of fun to be had with this little beauty. A little bit of a framerate hit for me, but not too bad.
    I should have cross shopped to Orbx (vs. SimMarket) and saved $2.00 due to the Euro vs AUD vs. USD conversion rate, but oh well - $2.00 is half the price of a Starbucks.
    Cheers,
    Dave

It's a brilliant model. IMHO surpasses the old Aerosoft Bronco with a large margin and she's so much fun!

Time to engage in some manual reading!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

is this a bug? The EFB is totally dark. Blank screen only. Does not appear to be a way to turn it on. what am I missing?

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

It took me three times to get the EFB to load correctly. It finally loaded after deleting the rolling cache and running the disk clean utility of Windows so that the DirectX cache is emptied.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    It took me three times to get the EFB to load correctly. It finally loaded after deleting the rolling cache and running the disk clean utility of Windows so that the DirectX cache is emptied.

Priller

Found the problem in the Community folder. It was the PMS50-instrument file. Took a while to sort through the mess, but that one stood out as an issue before. Deleted, now all is well. Time to do a deep weed of my community folder.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    Agreed - it's a really nice product with incredible detail! There's a lot of fun to be had with this little beauty. A little bit of a framerate hit for me, but not too bad.
    I should have cross shopped to Orbx (vs. SimMarket) and saved $2.00 due to the Euro vs AUD vs. USD conversion rate, but oh well - $2.00 is half the price of a Starbucks.
    Thanks for this info, Dave. I went to ORBX an bought it.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Found the problem in the Community folder. It was the PMS50-instrument file. Took a while to sort through the mess, but that one stood out as an issue before. Deleted, now all is well. Time to do a deep weed of my community folder.

-d
    Would you mind elaborating a bit on this please? In which addon can that instrument file be found?

Cheers,

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

PMS50 makes addon Garmin units used by other addons.

https://pms50.com/msfs/
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Also, the Bronco's working fine for me with the latest version of the PMS50 GTN750 installed. So wonder if Dave had an old release.

The plane actually supports that GPS, so shouldn't be an issue unless you had a really old version installed or something.

Name:	Microsoft Flight Simulator 4_19_2024 1_44_16 PM.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	420.9 KB 
ID:	94102

There is a lot to like about this airplane, both the airframe and the developer. It's beautiful and detailed inside and out.......I just can't quite get behind the control response. The OV-10 should have a playful character, as it literally pulls itself together the faster you fly. There is a synchrony of aerodynamics that need to happen to make this true, and the flight model would need moderate to major revisions to achieve them.

Key responses occur with low-speed transition below ~90 knots and high-speed transition above ~160 knots. (Low speed) Below ~160 knots the Bronco exhibits adverse yaw, which gets more pronounced as the aircraft slows. It has a remarkable stall speed, but is also highly susceptible to Dutch Roll below ~90 knots. Most landings are performed at only half-flaps to keep the speed up. So coordinated inputs and good rudder work is import below ~160 knots, and critical below ~90 knots. (High speed) Above 160 knots the Bronco exhibits proverse yaw; turns become passively coordinated and the roll-rate improves. It is a delightful character.

For the Azurpoly OV-10, the roll and yaw both feel overdamped. Roll is snappy like a FBW at all speeds, and seems to lack inertia on initiation and stop. Yaw is a little more ambiguous; there is significant adverse yaw at low speeds, but slipping creeps back to center with no oscillation (critical to Dutch Roll). At higher speeds adverse yaw still seems to be present, just much less pronounced with no transition to proverse yaw.

Members who have read this thread: 163