Which is best Spitfire?

Thread: Which is best Spitfire?

Which is best Spitfire?

Ironworks or Aeroplane Heaven? Or am I missing something better then these?
    I'm not over the hill. I'm on the back nine.

The Flight Replicas one! You missed that one.

Cees

In my humble opinion, there is no "better" Spitfire. All of them, Flyingiron Mk.IX, AH Mk.I, Flight Replica's Mk.Vb have their merrits. And so I bought all of them.

As for the Mk.I, I have a slight preference for the AH offering.

All of this is of course just my humble opinion.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

There's also the Flying Iron Mk IX which I have. Can't compare it to the other two since I dont have them, but it is all the Spitfire I need. A thing of beauty.

Flight Replicas Mk V pack and Flying Iron Mk IX
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

My personal preference is for the AH Spitfire Mk.I. I don't love all of AH's releases, but this time I think they hit it out of the park. The 3D model, the skins, the flight model, and the systems are all solid. Relative to the AH, I think the Flight Replicas has dumbed down systems, with an easier start-up procedure and braking, and a more forgiving flight model and engine management. It's nice, and more accessible, but I don't get excited about the idea of flying it. The best thing about it is that it is a Mk.V, which has not been treated well in flight sims in the past, at least in the Microsoft lineage. I would rank the FlyingIron second behind the AH as it is very solid like all of their warbirds and exhibits enough of the Spitfire's quirks to be interesting.

All of them are good products though, and if you have a favorite variant among the ones covered, that may be a reason to choose that product.

August

Thanks guys. Now I'm really confused LOL. Guess I've got to spend some time watching their videos.

I think it also depends on your focus. Visuals, sound, systems modeling, flight model, etc. I think each of the models has it's strength and weaknesses from what I read. But focusing on systems, flight model and sound, I am quite happy with the Flying Iron model (only one I own myself), even though it is a bit behind their Me-109G. Which makes sense, considering it was released a lot earlier.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Still waiting for my fs2020 but I'm sold on that one (IronWorks)

I have all three.

The AH Spit Mk. I is more "study-level," with minute details in the startup sequence, etc. simulated. It's also one of their strongest overall FS2020 offerings, with great visuals, superb flight modeling, and really good audio.

FlyingIron's is a much later mark and is realistically a bit less challenging to fly and operate because it's a more mature version of the plane. Still tons of detail both visually and systems-wise.

I only have the tropical version of the Flight Replicas Mk. V and haven't had much time with it yet. But at $8, it's so cheap that you might as well fill out your stable. It looks good and flies well, but I haven't had time to get into details like cold-and-dark starts, etc. with it.

Blog Entries
    I think it's worth considering that the pilot's of the RAF's Battle of Britain Memorial Flight use the Flying Iron Mk9 Spit for system practice:

MSFS: Spitfire Update 1.4.0 is here! – FlyingIron Simulations

I picked up the Flight Replicas Mk5 which is good, also having a lot of fun in their Mk1 which people seem to be overlooking so far

Members who have read this thread: 109