'F1 Japan'

Thread: 'F1 Japan'

Lightbulb 'F1 Japan'

It will be interesting come season end if Sainz finishes the season higher in point standings than LeClerc!

Would be even more interesting if fans learnt how to spell drivers' names correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Would be even more interesting if fans learnt how to spell drivers' names correctly!
    Done!
    Is it more interesting now?

According to my best knowledge it is Charles Leclerc (so without the second capital). But your question is a logical question.

Based on the first races I think Carlos Sainz could well be the Ferrari driver with most points. But this leads to the another question: "Is the driver with most point in a team always the best driver?"

In my opinion Carlos is the more aggressive rider, but I can well imagine that Charles contributes more to the team, because he give more usable feedback to the team. But this is just guessing as we are not part of the team and only see things form the outside.
    But at least I'm happy that Ferrari allows their drivers to go for it at the circuit. And so far both Charles and Carlos handle this somewhat odd situation quite mature.

And the way Carlos is currently driving will most probably ensure he will have a seat next year.

Cheers,
    Huub

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    It seems Carlos gets along with the SF24 better than Leclerc at the moment. Good for him.

Would love to see Carlos next to Max next year, or perhaps taking Hamilton's seat at Mercedes. But in his current form, Carlos is an interesting option for every team.
    And he's apparently still on Audi's short list for 2026, and I'm not impressed by either Zhou or Bottas this season...
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    According to my best knowledge it is Charles Leclerc (so without the second capital). But your question is a logical question.
    Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub,
    I mis-spelled it at first - then corrected it (upon notification of my fan error) to what you see now....

Icon2

Then there's the Vettel/Mercedes thing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Done!
    Is it more interesting now?
    Keep all the Cs lowercase and it will be perfect!

BTW, 2024-2025 silly season will most likely be interesting indeed! My guess is there will be big surprise announcements next summer, which might involve some pretty big names.

I hope/imagine that Lawrence Stroll will have a blinding flash of common sense and give Lance the bullet and sign Carlos.
    Now Fernando and Carlos would be a great pairing.
    Sadly Liam Lawson will replace Danni Ric......while Yuki-San will remain the oldest RB 'Young Driver'.......
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I hope/imagine that Lawrence Stroll will have a blinding flash of common sense and give Lance the bullet and sign Carlos.
    The main reason Lawrence Stroll owns an F1 team is to ensure his son has a ride. There is 0% chance Lance would be fired.

The main reason Lawrence Stroll owns an F1 team is to ensure his son has a ride. There is 0% chance Lance would be fired.

I realise that Roxy but if 'Sonny Stroll' continues as the series clown 🤡 as well as causing the 'Business' to hemorrhage money even a Numpty like 'Daddy Stroll' should realise the cold hard truth.
    Lawrence Stroll might 'own' the team, but his major shareholder should be highly annoyed at the halfhearted efforts of the incumbent in the #2 car.
    Fernando is doing all the heavy lifting.
    HONDA to power Aston Martin from 2026?
    Yuki-San should be part of the package, he is Honda's protege.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Why are both driver's names spelled in Caps on the back of their race overalls then?
    Just stirring the pot........

Why are both driver's names spelled in Caps on the back of their race overalls then?
    Just stirring the pot........
    That's because Italians are loud, this is why they even need to write in capitals. You should know

Sorry, I could't resist....

Cheers,
    Huub

That's because Italians are loud, this is why they even need to write in capitals. You should know

Cheers,
    Huub
    Hi Huub!
    Like your hi-tech bike, very nice piece of kit.

I think the Saudis will have more than a few words to say about that.
    Lawrence Stroll is supposedly a smart businessman, one who made it into the rarified atmosphere of the 'Billionaires.
    If the Saudis own Aston Martin with the exception of the F1 team and Stroll Senior is the CEO/Owner of AMR who is responsible for the drivers (forgot where I read that) he might find that Arab Oil Money sponsorship drying up.
    Stroll Junior is never going to be anything more than a mediocre 'Pay Driver.'
    Always was, always will be!

I think the Saudis will have more than a few words to say about that.
    Lawrence Stroll is supposedly a smart businessman, one who made it into the rarified atmosphere of the 'Billionaires.
    If the Saudis own Aston Martin with the exception of the F1 team and Stroll Senior is the CEO/Owner of AMR who is responsible for the drivers (forgot where I read that) he might find that Arab Oil Money sponsorship drying up.
    Stroll Junior is never going to be anything more than a mediocre 'Pay Driver.'
    Always was, always will be!
    They are more than happy with Alonso's hype, who will be there for at least another two years. They can afford to keep a mediocre driver like Stroll as his teamate.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Come to think of it Sofies Mothers side of her family fit that description!!!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 29