AH P-47D Razorback Released 4/3 - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: AH P-47D Razorback Released 4/3

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    V1.1.0 is out now (or will be shortly). Some issues mentioned here have been addressed, and a new variation added.

Holy Cannoli, they remapped the razorback! I am very impressed.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Notice the new grip for throttle (right) and more sharp back like in Razorback! Great! Nice to see the Malcolm canopy too. They had to work hard to bring the patch so quickly.

I see its present, not downloaded yet:

Looks like LOD issue (frame of canopy) is present still on the video, I will check the final verion, its very visible on video: https://youtu.be/eXj_BkgUmOE?si=sIWcM2de0LcJ4NtP&t=290 author when moved the camera away a bit and another canopy (new LOD) was loaded, too quickly! This is then visible several times when the camera moves and another canopy (textures) is loaded. This should still be the most detailed LOD. if we are so close. I'll check it when I will install 1.1.0. In the current version (1.0.0.) it's annoying when you're outside and you're turning the camera around and things keep changing.

Edit: I checked, yes its present (LOD issue of frame canopy, the glass of gunsight disappears too, the problem is that it's a really close camera, I understand it as if it was 200 meters away from the plane, but it is a few meters from the model and the change is probably 1 meter or less even). Example:

The back looks a lot of better now!

Last edited by YoYo; April 10th, 2024 at 23:45.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The canopy looks like it is missing a texture or material setting is wrong for the LOD.

As for the glass disappears not sure why they would need to make an LOD to remove the glass as it should be a huge triangle/polygon monster.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    The canopy looks like it is missing a texture or material setting is wrong for the LOD.
    LOD is good for performance for sure, but why does it change so quickly when we are so close (even still within the range of wings of the plane) I havent idea. 50 meters from the plane is ok, but its changing too fast on the very short distance. This does not provide any benefit in FPS (even +1 fps) but you will notice that something is "flashing" on external view, strange because the rest of the model does not change LOD so quickly. The texture can be adjusted, but there is still a question: why the model change LOD so quickly on some parts (now less, what is good)? Interestingly, that in version 1.0.0. there was no such problem like this. This has undoubtedly been corrected, but only partially unfortunately, hovere the direction is good.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

All credit to AH - they've certainly done some major work on it. I never knew they fitted the Malcom hood to the P-47, so that's another little history lesson for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    All credit to AH - they've certainly done some major work on it. I never knew they fitted the Malcom hood to the P-47, so that's another little history lesson for me.
    Yes, this was especially true for British machines . Nice option, great that they added it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    For me too. How about the soundsuite, Paul, nothing about that in the video. I suppose nothing changed yet in this respect ?.... (after seeing/hearing the video posted here of the real P-47 i can't fly and be happy with AH's P-47 atm. She deffinately deserves a soundsuite that matches the quality of the external/internal model. Deserves.... no..., she NEEDS IT !! (and i do too ;-) )

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Jan,

As August has mentioned, the restoration was done back in the very early 1980s, and the photos all date from the 80s and 90s. It was a different era as to what constituted being an authentic restoration. It's said that back then, a warbird was considered authentic if it just had a historically-accurate paint job, and nothing to do with how the inside looked or was configured. Today, the airframe no longer has the jump seat, since when The Fighter Collection re-restored the aircraft in the early 2000s they put the original aft-cockpit structure back in, making it a full single-seater again. The Planes of Fame Air Museum's razorback P-47G has had a jump seat for many years, but recently it underwent a full cockpit restoration to stock, except that they kept the jump seat and added a folding structure to make it look like a fully-stock single seater when they're not making use of the rear seat. Today, the Planes of Fame P-47 is the only Thunderbolt that has a jump seat, and therefore of the roughly 12 airworthy P-47s in the world, theirs is the only one that can provide a flight to a vet or family member of a P-47 pilot, or museum volunteer, etc. I included the close-up photo of the two gentleman in the cockpit because it shows the artwork of the crew names to great advantage (in-case anyone would like to make a repaint of 'Little Demon'). The gentleman seen in the forward cockpit is the late Ray Stutstman, who originally restored the aircraft, and the gentleman in the back seat is Peter Arnold, affectionately known as "Mr. Spitfire", who has been instrumental in many Spitfire recoveries over the past 50+ years (not to mention being famous for having a Spitfire in his home garage).

As an update to my last post, I found out today that, despite having been stripped to bare metal and being repainted, the P-47G 42-25068 (N47FG) will be remaining as 'Snafu' with the new paint, just that it's being redone with better quality.

A full history of the aircraft here: https://www.aerialvisuals.ca/Airfram...p?Serial=36799
    Thank you, John. As always very informative. And i'm sorry i called "Mr.Spitfire" a '6 year old boy sitting behind the back of his brother on a carousel horse'. (I googled Mr.Arnold. Wow! I'd almost say i should've known about him ! ). I do still blame the people in charge to put that seat there smack dab behind the pilot seat and keep thinking "Why ??"....

And thanks for the link to "Aerial Visuals Little Demon/Snafu", John ! Going to enjoy that !

Another version is out on Simmarket.

Version 1.1.1- fixes the issue with the malcom hood canopy not opening- fixes the issue with the plane in multiplayer showing parts of the gear when the gear is up.

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I don't want to speak for Jan but I took his mini rant as a tongue in cheek lampoon and not necessarily bitter at all - I could be wrong - the scoreboard says it's usually the case.
    Not wrong, my friend, absolutely right. Tongue in cheek/Pinch of salt about the same to me. If i had known about Mr.Spifire i would've possibly kept my mouth shut.. Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    For me too. How about the soundsuite, Paul,...)
    Hi Jan - I don't own the P-47, nor will I be doing so in the future. I'm only going by what I see in that update video, and for them to refashion the rear fuselage in such short order is impressive. Credit where credit is due.

hey all - make sure to check JustFlight again
    latest version is 1.1.1 and includes a few more fixes than 1.1.0

Aeroplane Heaven P-47D Thunderbolt 'Razorback' MSFS - v1.1.1 Update

Dear Sir/Madam,

We mailed you earlier today about a v1.1.0 Update for the Aeroplane Heaven MSFS Thunderbolt.
    It appears that there was a problem with the Zip file provided by Aeroplane Heaven for this update. This has been rectified and new v1.1.1 software is now available which also adds some additional updates.
    Please see the Support page for all the details.
    If you have already downloaded the v1.1.0 Thunderbolt software, please download the new v1.1.1 version to get the corrected software.
    If you have not yet downloaded the new software, the v1.1.1 version which is now available should not present you with any problems.
    Best wishes,
    The Just Flight Crew
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Seems a problem with JF ver1.1.1 Zip file ... a lot of it missing. Ill try again later.

Matt

In ORBX store not yet this fix. They sleep probably .

Okay! That's it! Off to buy this one! With this update AH has done and all the textures JK is making it is impossible to resist.

Cees

SOH-CM-2024
    I purchased mine from SimMarket, they had the 1.1.1 update.

Cazzie

From the release notes
    "Possible VR fix we dont develop for VR but we have instigated the SDK recommendations."
    Makes this a no buy for me, I only fly in vr...

Maybe not everyone noticed, but 2 Easter eggs ; ).

Pilot must have fallen out of love, there's a photo in the corner ;>.

Justflight now has version 1.1.1a ready for download
    enter..the Sandman

quick question - is anyone else having trouble starting the P-47 from cold n dark?
    I could start it before the updates but now it's as if there's no spark.
    I have checked the .cfg files for anything obvious but I can't see what the problem is

I have emailed AH about this but I figure it would help to know if its a problem local to me - or if others are experiencing the same
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    quick question - is anyone else having trouble starting the P-47 from cold n dark?
    I could start it before the updates but now it's as if there's no spark.
    I have checked the .cfg files for anything obvious but I can't see what the problem is

I have emailed AH about this but I figure it would help to know if its a problem local to me - or if others are experiencing the same

Make sure the fuel tanks are open. (The dial is found lower right hand edge of the seat). Once you do that, prime at least 2X, then hold the energiser on for at least 10 seconds, then switch up to starter.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Joined the club today after coming back from a work trip.

Agreed the audio needs some work, but wow, the visuals are just beautiful! And wow, the flight model certainly matches the descriptions of read of the Jug's handling. (Unlike the texture/poly/circuit-obsessed, it's how convincingly the plane flies that I care the most about.) Super fun to firewall it at low-level and hug the hills. Also, not sure what was patched in VR as I started with v1.1.1, but it looks fantastic via Virtual Desktop on my Quest 3.

Nice job, Baz and crew! And wonderful repaints, Jan Kees!

From FB of AH, more details, they mentioned about AA problem too:

We have sent out a Version 1.1.1 to the vendors last night. Most have them in stores now.

- It fixes the malcom hood not opening issue
    - It fixes the odd thing that was happening in multiplayer with the gear showing.

Also had some time to install Airshow Assist and have a play. The guns will be firing all the time with this module installed. For now the answer is to set the water rudder assignment in the keyboard assignment as we detail in the manual. then use it to stop firing the guns. This has the added benefit of allowing you to fire all your wingmans guns as well.

We may look into adding a check to see if Airshow assist is installed in a future update so that you dont need to do this but this is the fix available right now. As always we develop for stock installed game and as such if you have modified the game then we assume you know what you have modified and can rectify it. In this case though... we wanted to have a play!

Cool program though!

after installing 1.1.1., I now have permanently firing machine guns, really annoying.

Any suggestions about getting rid of this?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    after installing 1.1.1., I now have permanently firing machine guns, really annoying.

Any suggestions about getting rid of this?
    Only unistalling Airshow Assistant (if you have it) solves this issue. You can use Ctlr+W too temporarily.
    Last edited by YoYo; April 12th, 2024 at 05:34.

Members who have read this thread: 250