„Spring sale” on FlyingIron Simulation

Thread: „Spring sale” on FlyingIron Simulation

„Spring sale” on FlyingIron Simulation

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

YoYo, many thanks for the heads up. Quick question for anyone in the forum: between the Spitfire, P-38, Hellcat or Bf-109
    which one would be the best value for the $22? I'm prejudiced to big round engines, however, I suspect out of the four, the better one is built overseas. Comments please?
    Last edited by simtech; April 2nd, 2024 at 19:58. Reason: spelling

I think all are the best you will not be disappointed. The P-38 is the oldest model, but still under development. You probably have to decide which plane you prefer, models has the same, high level according me.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I think all are the best you will not be disappointed. The P-38 is the oldest model, but still under development. You probably have to decide which plane you prefer, models has the same, high level according me.
    I agree completely with YoYo. With a slight personal favourite in the Spitfire, but that is just me.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

thanks for the heads up

you can't go wrong really with any of them, it just depends on your own preference.
    For me it's the P-38...no, the Spitfire...eh, the Hellcat I mean....no, the Gustav really.....eeeh...come on, I don't know!
    VF-17 41 (00006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

dp (0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickrhammer (00005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

hammer (00005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

222sqn (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

It doesn't matter really, you'll probably end up buying all of them...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I've got all of them except the Me-109 ( which is only a matter of time ). Current favourite is the P-38, but they are all incredibly rewarding to learn and fly well. Almost an education in WW2 warbirds, they are that good. I'm really looking forward to their B-17.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    I'm really looking forward to their B-17.
    Yes, they work on B-17 and FW-190 as well.

Yes, they work on B-17 and FW-190 as well.
    From what I have heard, such is the clamour for the Fortress that they've put the 190 on the back burner for now.

And to heck with it - I've just bought the Me-109. Flight-sim wise, this has been a bloody expensive Easter. I'm going bankrupt in the nicest possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    From what I have heard, such is the clamour for the Fortress that they've put the 190 on the back burner for now..
    I have notihong agaist this. Masters of the Air already watched in full.

Many thanks for all who responded. Here I was hoping for a one cut and dried solution. Very glad to hear that they all are deserving candidates. I suspect I'll have to pick two now and hoping for another sale pick up the remaining. By then though, their B-17 might be out and I'm back to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    Many thanks for all who responded. Here I was hoping for a one cut and dried solution. Very glad to hear that they all are deserving candidates. I suspect I'll have to pick two now and hoping for another sale pick up the remaining. By then though, their B-17 might be out and I'm back to square one.
    That's the very pleasant problem with Flying Iron - they are all as good as each other, I think. It's a case of deciding which aircraft you like most in the real world, and starting with that.

I have notihong agaist this.
    I have nothing against it either. It's going to be fabulous.

Icon28

I have them all except the 109...I know it's a superb model and John & Co have done all those lovely repaints and I know I should buy it but .....this week I've bought the IFT F-14, the DC F-5E and the FR Mk V Spit....oh and the Burning Blue Old Warden...

In the temptation zone alongside the 109 are the AH P-47, the F-86 and the Bronco

There I was a few months back fearing that all new MSFS 2020 products would dry up after they announced MSFS 2024...

At this rate I shall need to go back to work..

With regard to the FlyingIron B-17 and Fw 190, one of FlyingIron's representatives posted just a week or so their Discord page that they have two separate teams working on the B-17 and Fw 190, so the '190 is still progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    With regard to the FlyingIron B-17 and Fw 190, one of FlyingIron's representatives posted just a week or so their Discord page that they have two separate teams working on the B-17 and Fw 190, so the '190 is still progressing.
    That's later news than I have- thanks for that!

Members who have read this thread: 138